Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Griffin Iii

Luck hasn't really impressed me the last two games and maybe it's just some off games but I really like RGIII. He has a 87% completion rating on the year with 5 int, he is a good leader, athletic, good arm strength and power, he is very intelligent, and he is a great leader. I know he is not worth passing Luck but I'm just saying if you wanna trade back this guy is a great pick for mannings successor.

I don't think I would spend my first overall pick on a QB who has faced mediocre teams, and has a great WR. He's definately worth the 2nd round, but Luck is the better pick.

Who said anything about spending the #1 overall pick on RG3?

Luck hasn't really impressed me the last two games and maybe it's just some off games but I really like RGIII. He has a 87% completion rating on the year with 5 int, he is a good leader, athletic, good arm strength and power, he is very intelligent, and he is a great leader. I know he is not worth passing Luck but I'm just saying if you wanna trade back this guy is a great pick for mannings successor.

Ok, but I don't think he'll fall to the 2nd round, and I don't think we should trade back to get him. Let's not pass up on Luck.

Well that's all well and good until you consider the whole point of the thread was who we could consider if we do pass on Luck. So...yeah. :D

@OP...I've watched several Baylor games and haven't been completely sold old RG3. I haven't watched the Baylor vs. OU game yet but will be as soon as the replay records. However from the highlights I've seen of the game, RG3 seemed to have a great game. My concern is not so much the type of offense they run but rather the types of routes the WRs run and the types of throws that RG3 makes. Once they get to the NFL, a QB is going to have to throw a lot of timing routes, throwing the ball before the receiver comes open, throw the receiver open etc and make the throws with accuracy, timing and velocity. I haven't personally seen many of these types of throws from RG3 (or Luck for that matter) and that's why I say I'm not sold on them yet.

Well that's all well and good until you consider the whole point of the thread was who we could consider if we do pass on Luck. So...yeah. :D

If we pass up on Luck, then I would like Griffin III or Barkley. I would have to break both players down, but I'd say I'd take maybe Barkley.

If we pass up on Luck, then I would like Griffin III or Barkley. I would have to break both players down, but I'd say I'd take maybe Barkley.

If we pass on Luck we won't have a shot at Barkley either. Miami will take Luck and Washington will take Barkley. Griffin III may be possible in the 2nd round but I have read that he may stay in college next year and be in the 2013 draft.

If we pass on Luck we won't have a shot at Barkley either. Miami will take Luck and Washington will take Barkley. Griffin III may be possible in the 2nd round but I have read that he may stay in college next year and be in the 2013 draft.

As of right now, we don't know where the other QBs are going. The Fins could pick Griffin, and the Skins could pick Jones, who knows? I'm just saying, this is a thread about the 2nd option to Luck and I think that's probably Barkley.

If we trade our No.1 to a team that can give us 2 No. 1s...

The No.1 pick in the second round should be good enough to get RG III.

Its hard to justify a 1st round QB when we have at least 4 holes on defense

@OP...I've watched several Baylor games and haven't been completely sold old RG3. I haven't watched the Baylor vs. OU game yet but will be as soon as the replay records. However from the highlights I've seen of the game, RG3 seemed to have a great game. My concern is not so much the type of offense they run but rather the types of routes the WRs run and the types of throws that RG3 makes. Once they get to the NFL, a QB is going to have to throw a lot of timing routes, throwing the ball before the receiver comes open, throw the receiver open etc and make the throws with accuracy, timing and velocity. I haven't personally seen many of these types of throws from RG3 (or Luck for that matter) and that's why I say I'm not sold on them yet.

I did think he played mediocre teams until I saw this game and he had a great game. I also thought that since he is playing OU and Baylor has never beat OU ever then he would get stomped. But he went 23/31, 461 yds, 4 tds. Im just saying Luck is good but lots of people want lots a draft picks so this is a perfect pick to trade back for

I did think he played mediocre teams until I saw this game and he had a great game. I also thought that since he is playing OU and Baylor has never beat OU ever then he would get stomped. But he went 23/31, 461 yds, 4 tds. Im just saying Luck is good but lots of people want lots a draft picks so this is a perfect pick to trade back for

Still haven't gotten to watch the game yet. It's set to record at 11am later today. Griffin must have had a great showing though because he jumped up from the mid 20's to #8 overall on cbssports.com in their latest update. I'm intrigued and can't wait to watch this game.

I don't think I would spend my first overall pick on a QB who has faced mediocre teams

While thats true you must keep in mind that Baylor is also mediocre team at best. It is basically all RG3 thats winning games for them and keeping them competitive. Without him they would struggle to make a bowl game. Where as Stanford has a complete team with or without Luck, not dominating like they are with him but none the less a great football team that Harbaugh installed there.

I don't think I would spend my first overall pick on a QB who has faced mediocre teams

Let's see, Baylor has played and will play: #14 TCU, #21 Texas A&M, #3 Oklahoma State, #5 Oklahoma, and #25 Texas.

Stanford has played and will play: #25 Washington, #20 USC, #7 Oregon, and #22 Notre Dame.

Sooo... explain to me the hypocrisy in this statement when comparing Robert Griffin III to Andrew Luck?

RG3 is incredible. That last TD pass he tossed against Oklahoma was a thing of beauty.

Things that I love: Great arm, quick release, accurate, understands the passing game, keeps his eyes downfield

Things that I don't love: Can get a bit too low in the pocket, struggles in the 2nd half of games where he gets hit.

If somehow our teams don't work out a reasonable trade, I am all in for RG3

To me, Luck is a bit like Romo or Ryan: he will be productive right away, but there's little upside. People will SWEAR he's going to get better, but it never happens.

RGIII (and a few others), come off as raw, but dynamic players who display a lot of untapped potential; like Rodgers or Steve Young. On top of that, he can be had for cheaper, while also granting us an extra pick or two.

It's the more promising option, in all honesty.

Let's see, Baylor has played and will play: #14 TCU, #21 Texas A&M, #3 Oklahoma State, #5 Oklahoma, and #25 Texas.

Stanford has played and will play: #25 Washington, #20 USC, #7 Oregon, and #22 Notre Dame.

Sooo... explain to me the hypocrisy in this statement when comparing Robert Griffin III to Andrew Luck?

You won't get a response to those facts, because they completely eliminate the argument that Luck faces any stiffer competition than anyone else.

You won't get a response to those facts, because they completely eliminate the argument that Luck faces any stiffer competition than anyone else.

Yep, your right. Andy246 has completely disappeared from this board after I destroyed his argument. I would like to see if he thinks that Stanford still plays a harder schedule hahah.