Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Concerning Statistic

Coffeedrinker

Not at all.  The times when the Colts had lower than usual YPP they were not as efficient offensively throughout the season.  And my comment was never about the Colts having a lower YPP than they usually do during the season.  They have never (in the years I checked) been the worst in the NFL at YPP and at a ridiculously low number.  And I think it was shown to be a problem against the Saints.  The 3rd preseason game that they game planned for and was a dress rehearsal for the season.

So preseason is a time to try new things and yet not show the other teams your new things?  That would be tough to do.  That only would make sense if teams could only get film of the Colts during the preseason.  They've already announced that Luck will have more control and more plays available to audible to during the season.  It's not like film of him doing it in the preseason is going to give anything away. Additionally, I did not mention because I disagreed with Smash Mouth, I completely agreed with his comment and I think it will make a difference during the season.

They can get film of the preseason.  Its called NFL Preseason Pass.  lol. It may be only the televised version but still.  And yes its a time to try new ideas, but not everything and how you run your game normally during a real regular season game.  Heck maybe they just want to keep it normal and try a new draw play to the left instead of the right or whatever else. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can get film of the preseason.  Its called NFL Preseason Pass.  lol. It may be only the televised version but still.  And yes its a time to try new ideas, but not everything and how you run your game normally during a real regular season game.  Heck maybe they just want to keep it normal and try a new draw play to the left instead of the right or whatever else. 

You misunderstood or I said it incorrectly, I said the only way that would make sense is if a team could ONLY get film of the Colts during the preseason.  Meaning, if they could not get film of them during the season and they had to game plan based on preseason film.

We can go round about this and it doesn't really matter, as you said the preseason is to test new things, you can test new things if you don't do them.