Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Thread 8/9/14

snkdy

The Nixon injury doesn't sound to bad

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I've heard words like that before (albeit from the previous regime).  I'll believe it when I see it.

These injuries (Toler comes to mind) are usually worse than they let on.  Still hoping they are correct, though, with our O-line.

We need cohesion which can only come from playing together at full speed.

RT @RavensInsider: Former Houston Texans outside linebacker Mister Alexander working out for Indianapolis Colts today, according to a source

— Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock)

August 9, 2014

Ahmad Bradshaw sporting a red jersey for today's practice. #ColtsCamp

— George Bremer (@gmbremer)

August 9, 2014

Working out Mr. Mister Alexander?

Get a PhD and become Dr. Mister Alexander

I really hope that isn't the case. But they shouldn't bring him back before he's completely ready, of course.

Yeah, I obviously don't have any inside information. Just preparing myself for a less ideal outcome, especially since ankle injuries are tricky. The MRI must have only revealed minor damage, because 2-3 weeks is on the low end. But still...

As an aside, I'm rewatching the first half of the game right now. Lots of sloppy line play, which isn't surprising. We have three young guys on the interior, learning together, the pivot gets hurt right away, and the Jets have a good defensive front. Kind of easy to predict. But in his 7 snaps, Holmes was pretty good, with two minor exceptions. First, he gave up outside leverage to his man, after blocking him successfully initially (not a big deal). The second was actually on the play he was injured on, where again he won initially, but gave up too much leverage back to the inside and got stood up at the end of the play, which led to his leg getting rolled up on. Had he stayed square with the defender and finished the block, he'd have been fine. Only 7 plays, but he looked like the guy Grigson scouted and drafted: quick, strong, and aware. 

Yeah, I obviously don't have any inside information. Just preparing myself for a less ideal outcome, especially since ankle injuries are tricky. The MRI must have only revealed minor damage, because 2-3 weeks is on the low end. But still...

As an aside, I'm rewatching the first half of the game right now. Lots of sloppy line play, which isn't surprising. We have three young guys on the interior, learning together, the pivot gets hurt right away, and the Jets have a good defensive front. Kind of easy to predict. But in his 7 snaps, Holmes was pretty good, with two minor exceptions. First, he gave up outside leverage to his man, after blocking him successfully initially (not a big deal). The second was actually on the play he was injured on, where again he won initially, but gave up too much leverage back to the inside and got stood up at the end of the play, which led to his leg getting rolled up on. Had he stayed square with the defender and finished the block, he'd have been fine. Only 7 plays, but he looked like the guy Grigson scouted and drafted: quick, strong, and aware. 

Well hey! Thats good news!