Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's the deal with juggernaut offenses?

Synthetic

This is perhaps the greatest article I have ever found that proves having a super powered offense is not an automatic guarantee for the SB.

http://nflsgreatest.co.nf/2014/07/whats-the-deal-with-offensive-juggernauts/

I think this article proves the opposite actually. Look at the breakdown:

• 16 championship winners (10 Super Bowl, 5 NFLCG , 1 AAFCCG)
  • 12 championship losers (7 Super Bowl, 5 NFLCG)
  • 19 playoff duds (lost prior to championship round)
  • 3 couch potatoes (missed playoffs)

16 championships and 12 championship appearances out of 50 shows that having a high powered offense does yield rings and chances to win the ring. In the end, nothing guarantees a ring but I will take these odds any day.

The answer could be here: http://forums.colts.com/topic/29044-differential-passer-rating-is-the-mother-of-all-stats/ (differential passer rating)

Like Rasheed Wallace of the Detroit Pistons (while the Pistons had their 2 to 3 year run under Larry Brown) said "it don't matter if you score 100 if you give up 101". :)

Teams that have lately made consistent defensive plays against the pass (2007 Giants, 2008 Steelers, 2009 Saints, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens (more so against Peyton and Brady than the SB), 2013 Seahawks) have been winning it all to separate themselves from the rest of the pack. More than run D, pass D in the form of sacks, fumbles caused and INTs have been more instrumental in winning SBs lately.

Remember, though, that Peyton Manning is the choke artist, not Tom Brady. Tom Brady has never even choked on a sandwich. He is the embodiment of all we want to be in this world.

rotflmao

Drew Brees‘ 2009 Saints scored about a point less than their season average, but a huge coaching mismatch earned New Orleans their first title.

Understatement of the year

So, does this mean we are going to quit judging quarterbacks by championships since the best offenses don't win them?

Depends what you consider the best offenses. The Cowboys offense of the Jimmy Johnson era was the best I have ever seen and they never get mentioned.

This is perhaps the greatest article I have ever found that proves having a super powered offense is not an automatic guarantee for the SB.

http://nflsgreatest.co.nf/2014/07/whats-the-deal-with-offensive-juggernauts/

There are no blueprints for victory,offense, defense running game..passing..

I think we waste time looking for formula...

Just max out what you have.