Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

S UDFA Dewey McDonald

Link for everyone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lHn93fNDk

He does look like a steal, but once again it's hard to tell with the low talent that he's playing against. Seems like a smart kid with the size and speed needed for the NFL. Ran a 4.4 at his pro-day and is 6'0, 220. 

I was on Grigs a little bit for the draft(I'm still not really that excited bout our picks outside of a couple) but this UDFA haul looks to be one of the best in the league. It's good to know that the Colts are a place that these players want to play for as many of them picked us over other teams(I believe Zach Kerr turned down Broncos to come to Colts). 

I hope a couple of them can make the team and maybe even contribute this year. Qua Cox, Dewey, Kerr have to be my 3 favorite so far though. Purifoy a close 4th. There's a good chance one of these CBs or Safeties gets a chance if they make the roster due to our injury prone Landry and Toler. 

This is what a highlight video should look like! He's a man among boys, given it's vs. a lower level of competition.

He looks like a big hitter, a good tackler, and a good cover guy. It'll be interesting to see how he does.

Yeah of course the level of competition changes here but he showed skills and that's what you want to see. He had a really good chance of making the team becuase our secondary depth is not good!

Seems to be a player that has the skills and was obviously better than the other players on the field in that highlight video! Maybe the Colts could mold him into a good NFL player. With some experience maybe he can be a starter of injuries occur. He is exciting to watch

His coverage seems inconsistent as many of those tackles came from him being slightly out of position.

Key word- seems, I can't see the whole field and it may be his teammates faults.

Some of those form tackles are downright beautiful.

Hits hard and he seems very strong, and his speed is evident.

He has lots of potential.

I hope he beats our Howell.. I like him.

Did you watch the Senior year video of the plays from the above link? His nose for the ball and being in the right place at the right time seems real good to me. I think he makes the team, I will be rooting for him.

After watching some of his highlights and reading about him I'm getting a little excited. He has good size and good speed. I think Purfoy could move to FS too, so if we don't make a trade our FS should be one of Howell, Purfoy, or McDonald.

Did you watch the Senior year video of the plays from the above link? His nose for the ball and being in the right place at the right time seems real good to me. I think he makes the team, I will be rooting for him.

I watched some film on him and I really liked what I saw from him. I think if he has a solid TC and preseason he has a good chance to make the team.. even if he lands on the ps.

He's may be a project.. but from what I saw from him it appears he has the intangibles. Let's hope he can play at the next level..

I know Dewey and He could have easily went D1 it was jus the area he came from isnt too popular among scouts. Plus he was ranked in top 10 safety, top 5 if I'm not mistaken. He versatile and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at KR. He is a very good and strong tackler and has a nose for the ball. Strong and fast, not to mention smart. The type guy to study film and perfect whatever he needs too. I'm more than certain we will see him on the team if not S right away then most certainly Special teams. He was def a steal especially for us being so weak at DB position. I'm ready for season to begin to see how everything unfolds.

I know Dewey and He could have easily went D1 it was jus the area he came from isnt too popular among scouts. Plus he was ranked in top 10 safety, top 5 if I'm not mistaken. He versatile and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at KR. He is a very good and strong tackler and has a nose for the ball. Strong and fast, not to mention smart. The type guy to study film and perfect whatever he needs too. I'm more than certain we will see him on the team if not S right away then most certainly Special teams. He was def a steal especially for us being so weak at DB position. I'm ready for season to begin to see how everything unfolds.

Thanks, and great first post Coltar. Most of us are really high on Dewey. He has a great chance of making the roster as a UDFA due to the depth we have at the safety position and not drafting any DB's.