Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A.J.McCarron backs up Andy Dalton now

chad72

I'm sure Andy Dalton was peeking in the draft rear view mirror and now that the Bengals drafted A.J.McCarron, he probably knows they are planning contingencies just in case. It is time for the Bengals under Marvin Lewis to go win their first playoff game.

It will be a small story nevertheless considering it is the Cincinnati market.

I'm sure Andy Dalton was peeking in the draft rear view mirror and now that the Bengals drafted A.J.McCarron, he probably knows they are planning contingencies just in case. It is time for the Bengals under Marvin Lewis to go win their first playoff game.

It will be a small story nevertheless considering it is the Cincinnati market.

I think McCarron is  a career backup but you never know.

He is a guy who's used to winning..

The same coach cant change QBs and play a rookie or unproven guy when you're making the playoffs every year just because you don't advance..in the playoffs

Of course,.. a new coach could

I think McCarron is a career backup but you never know.

He is a guy who's used to winning..

The same coach cant change QBs and play a rookie or unproven guy when you're making the playoffs every year just because you don't advance..in the playoffs

Of course,.. a new coach could

He'll be starting for Dalton soon. This is from a TCU fan, Dalton is horrible in the NFL. Nothing like him at TCU

McCarron went to the perfect team. It's Alabama all over again. Game-Manager, that's all. Defense & Running game will carry you & the Bengals have that. Dalton's turnovers killed the Bengals

Both time they played the Texans they barely lost. Dalton couldn't do anything. All those weapons, & he just couldn't do anything. Final year of his contract, don't be surprised to see a benching mid-season if not sooner & Bengals move forward with AJ

Marvin Lewis has done an excellent job turning the Bengals around. Dalton just isn't helping him. Bengals should've beat the Chargers in the playoffs but Dalton (And the Gio fumble) blew that

Well even after the Gio Bernard fumble, the defense still had the game close

I wish we had a defense like the Bengals. Luck would be 16-0 every season

He'll be starting for Dalton soon. This is from a TCU fan, Dalton is horrible in the NFL. Nothing like him at TCU

McCarron went to the perfect team. It's Alabama all over again. Game-Manager, that's all. Defense & Running game will carry you & the Bengals have that. Dalton's turnovers killed the Bengals

Both time they played the Texans they barely lost. Dalton couldn't do anything. All those weapons, & he just couldn't do anything. Final year of his contract, don't be surprised to see a benching mid-season if not sooner & Bengals move forward with AJ

Marvin Lewis has done an excellent job turning the Bengals around. Dalton just isn't helping him. Bengals should've beat the Chargers in the playoffs but Dalton (And the Gio fumble) blew that

Well even after the Gio Bernard fumble, the defense still had the game close

I wish we had a defense like the Bengals. Luck would be 16-0 every season

Marvin Lewis' team was finding ways to lose playoff games even when Carson was there, so it isn't fair to place all the blame on Dalton. I think both quarterback and coach will be on the hot seat if this season ends like all the others.

I don't see this as a story at all. AJ will be a third string qb and out of the league in 4 years to work in his daddy's law office or insurance company or whatever company he works for. These Alabama qbs don't have the skill to make it in the NFL. You give a guy the best OL in college football, best running game, and best defense they don't progress...they game manage...everthing comes easy...as soon as they face adversity like in the Oklahoma game you see what happens...they tinkle down their leg and the wheels fall off. Smart kid likely...hopefully learned defenses a bit from Saben...but will hold a clipboard. If you want to see this guy on Sundays..you best catch his show coming out...thats the last you will see of him.

AJ McCarron is a joke.

Everyone in the state of Alabama is acting like this is a tragedy that he didn't get drafted high enough. I live close to his hometown (Mobile county) and they talk about this every day on the news. You would think this is some kind of tragedy or natural disaster with the way it's talked about. It was discussed for over 20 minutes on the local news the other day, meanwhile we have amber alerts that don't even get 2 minutes of coverage. God I hate this place so much. A rich kid from Alabama not getting drafted high enough is more important than a missing child, wonderful logic.

They need to be happy he even got drafted to begin with cause he wasn't all that great. And Saints fans in this state are mad too that the Saints didn't draft him cause "he's going to be the next Brees!". Just my two cents - watch how well he played in close games and all of AL's loses under his watch. Go back and watch tape of how awesome he looked against Oklahoma in that bowl game, Texas A&M, LSU, and all the other games where he looked extremely average. The kid is not that good, same story with Greg McElroy. If it weren't for having a strong running game and a team that is stacked up on play makers, this wouldn't even be a conservation (and it shouldn't be). Oh yeah and his wife is hot. That is the only reason people even like him to begin with cause I always have to hear about his hot wife and I have no idea who she even is cause I could care less. His mouth and all the crap about having a reality show obviously didn't help him either. Maybe if he was a little more down to earth and chilled out, it would help his case. Wanting a reality TV show to get on and brag about yourself (that's the only reason these shows even exists - it's nothing but a bunch of narcissists spending money and talking about themselves) wasn't a great idea either.

But my main problem is living in the same hometown as him cause I want to start beating my head against the wall if I have to hear Alabama fans (and Saints fans too) freaking out and acting like this is a huge tragedy that he did not get drafted in the first few rounds. Now they are saying he's going to be better than Dalton, and become the next greatest quarterback ever...Oh please, I am going to start banging my head on walls if I have to keep hearing this all the time.

Just for the record - The AFC North is a division for QB's that can take a beating. Big Ben has succeeded greatly cause he can take all those mean hits and get banged around and still get up off the ground over and over. Same goes for Flacco, as much as we make fun of him, Flacco can take punishment and still get up and throw touchdowns. The same could be said to a lesser extent for Andy Dalton who takes some beatings. McCarron is not a QB that is hit friendly and can take a lot of that pressure. This has been proven in the past when he gets quick feet under pressure, and this was also Greg McElroy's biggest weakness when he couldn't handle blitzes or intense pressure.

He fell so far, because of his arrogance. I guess he thought of himself as similiar to his G/F.

He's extremely arrogant, and all the crazy Alabama fans love this about him. I don't know what I hate more sometimes....Saints fans or Alabama fans. They both get on my nerves worse than anything.

I was hoping he wouldn't have been drafted at all cause the reaction would have been so hilarious, but now all I can do is hope he does get thrown out there like Greg McElroy and Brodie Croyle (They thought Brodie Croyle was the next Joe Montana down here) did and then watch them blame everything under the sun on the reason as to why he plays so mediocre and terrible

Oh yeah and if he gets that stupid reality show, the networks will be reeling in a large audience from down here, cause I'm sure no one outside this wasteland of a state wants to watch it. Just as no one outside of here thinks highly of Nick Saban.

I can't remember any Nick Saban QB not being a bust in the NFL. He did after all give the world Jamarcus Russell. Oh how funny time flies and that little detail is dropped in the dark.

He's extremely arrogant, and all the crazy Alabama fans love this about him. I don't know what I hate more sometimes....Saints fans or Alabama fans. They both get on my nerves worse than anything.

I was hoping he wouldn't have been drafted at all cause the reaction would have been so hilarious, but now all I can do is hope he does get thrown out there like Greg McElroy and Brodie Croyle (They thought Brodie Croyle was the next Joe Montana down here) did and then watch them blame everything under the sun on the reason as to why he plays so mediocre and terrible

Oh yeah and if he gets that stupid reality show, the networks will be reeling in a large audience from down here, cause I'm sure no one outside this wasteland of a state wants to watch it. Just as no one outside of here thinks highly of Nick Saban.

I can't remember any Nick Saban QB not being a bust in the NFL. He did after all give the world Jamarcus Russell. Oh how funny time flies and that little detail is dropped in the dark.

Not that I necessarily disagree with your accessment on AJ but is there anyone you like?? Your anger is legendary...did you even tell your mother you loved her this weekend lol! :hug:   Just seems you are pretty negative most of the time..especially towards qbs. Was you a defensive lineman in your previous life lol.

Not that I necessarily disagree with your accessment on AJ but is there anyone you like?? Your anger is legendary...did you even tell your mother you loved her this weekend lol! :hug: Just seems you are pretty negative most of the time..especially towards qbs. Was you a defensive lineman in your previous life lol.

He doesn't like any of the prospects this year apparently lol.