Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How do we get back into the 4th round?

Preferably, we'd do this without giving up a future pick (which would probably be our 3rd rounder next year). But if we could get to 105 or something, I'd give up next year's 3rd, expecting it to only be about 20 picks higher.

However, could we put together a package with this year's picks, and maybe a future 5th, and get somewhere into the middle of the 4th round?

If so, there are guys like Exum, McGill, Dontae Johnson, etc., that won't be there at #166. I'd endorse such a move.

Trade values are all over the board this year again.  It does look like we could trade from 166 to mid to late 4th Rd for next years 5th.  However, by always being in deficit, we always have our hands tied to move up a few picks in the 1st or 2nd for the guy we really want.  Having extra 3rd, 4th and 5th Rder's is as much about having the ability to go get what you really want as it is about drafting more guys.

Also, assuming that we'd be trading up for CB/S players - there may not be much if any performance delta in the 4th vs. what will be availabie in the 5th and 6th.

Grigson on day 3: We’re going to get guys we covet who are still sitting on that front board and go after them with guns blazing. @Colts

Take this for what you will. I think we're going to have to give up a future pick to move into the fourth. The key is not giving up our fifth this year.

I would look at trading a player and a 7th round pick. Maybe see if the Browns are interested in Darick Rodgers with the issues surrounding Gordon. Ballard is also an option for a trade. If the FO is all in on Richardson, they might move Ballard to make it apparent who the starter is. We could also get a RB late or as an UDFA

The easiest way would be to trade a future 3rd.

I would look at trading a player and a 7th round pick. Maybe see if the Browns are interested in Darick Rodgers with the issues surrounding Gordon. Ballard is also an option for a trade. If the FO is all in on Richardson, they might move Ballard to make it apparent who the starter is. We could also get a RB late or as an UDFA

The easiest way would be to trade a future 3rd.

and we trade rogers and he becomes as good or better then gordon and then people will be on here will be saying time to fire grigson lol