Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dustin's Final Round 1 Mock Draft

Nah, With Holmes being in the 2nd of 4 years into his contract we have to find out if Holmes can be the guy Grigson thinks he can be, If ya dont start him next year then you essentially have 1 year (yes I know he will have 2 left) to find out if he is that guy, If he puts up a bad year in that 3rd year then you have to consider drafting his replacement, Lets say he goes into that last year (4th year) and rebounds off what will essentially be his rookie year (3rd year in your scenario if we sit him this coming year)....Well then you have to make a judgment...Will you be getting the good Holmes from now on that you saw in his 4th year or the 3rd year (again essentially his first starting) Holmes that struggled......He needs to start, Especially since Grigson thinks he is our future, Grigson has to find out, Physically the tools are there, He needed to get stronger

Nope, i disagree. We can't have some project 4th round weakling (he is weak) as our center for andrew luck. This is doing luck and t-rich (whom we've invested heavily...with our 1st round pick) a disservice. We can't risk it, with luck. We need somebody better than this guy. Holmes is a solid back-up type of guy, which is cool...every team needs depth. But he's not our guy...can't be trusted.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best defense is the one sitting on the bench.

Pep ran a crazy 65% up the middle. Allen would have changed that number i do believe.

JMO, but the Best way to help this team is to be very strong up the middle, so a Stud Guard is what we need now.

Who do we like, who will we have a shot at?

Who can be our starter at some point this season?

My guess for our board

Gabe Jackson-Bitonio

Trai Turner

IMO Holmes would make a VG Guard so drafting Marcus Martin also works for me.

GABE ALL THE WAY.

Nope, i disagree. We can't have some project 4th round weakling (he is weak) as our center for andrew luck. This is doing luck and t-rich (whom we've invested heavily...with our 1st round pick) a disservice. We can't risk it, with luck. We need somebody better than this guy. Holmes is a solid back-up type of guy, which is cool...every team needs depth. But he's not our guy...can't be trusted.

So you want to put Thomas in at Center......whos only experience at Center came in the preseason....Whos also coming off 2 major injuries? You do realize Thomas was nowhere near a mauler pre injury as well right? http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/5/1/5672278/donald-thomas-at-center-it-could-happen

Nothing wrong with that all, I can get behind ya stickin with your guy, I personally like Dion Bailey, Kenny Ladler and Jimmie Ward more then any other Safety in the draft

Mark my word...Ladler will be the best known of the safeties in this draft.  Agreed.

So you want to put Thomas in at Center......whos only experience at Center came in the preseason....Whos also coming off 2 major injuries? You do realize Thomas was nowhere near a mauler pre injury as well right? http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/5/1/5672278/donald-thomas-at-center-it-could-happen

Yes, i would prefer thomas at center, with jackson and thornton at guard and gosder and anthony at tackle. Then we have bodine (fingers crossed), and nixion, reitz, louis, holmes, austin as back-ups. I'm not sure why people think of holmes as this GOD SEND. He's just an average career back-up type of player.

Yes, i would prefer thomas at center, with jackson and thornton at guard and gosder and anthony at tackle. Then we have bodine (fingers crossed), and nixion, reitz, louis, holmes, austin as back-ups. I'm not sure why people think of holmes as this GOD SEND. He's just an average career back-up type of player.

I certainly dont think he is a god send, I have scouted his tape plenty, I feel like I know what he really needs to work on but we spent a 4th round pick on him....Not some 5th or later pick, at some point ya have to see what ya got otherwise ya just wasted a 4th round pick

I certainly dont think he is a god send, I have scouted his tape plenty, I feel like I know what he really needs to work on but we spent a 4th round pick on him....Not some 5th or later pick, at some point ya have to see what ya got otherwise ya just wasted a 4th round pick

Not a wasted pick, if he's a solid back-up guard/center. Not all of these guys are going to be earth movers. We still need depth and holmes provides that. A good selection for us.

Not a wasted pick, if he's a solid back-up guard/center. Not all of these guys are going to be earth movers. We still need depth and holmes provides that. A good selection for us.

If Holmes cant beat out Austin Thomas we are in trouble......Grigson also said it himself.....Holmes is the future

Go to youtube...punch in Johnathan Dowling...get back to me. PLEASE HAVE A LOOK.

I like him.  He needs to be about 210-220 with that size IMO.  I think he will be solid in time.  I feel he needs to 'grow.'

I also see that he is more of a 'hitter' than a tackler.  He again needs that extra muscle mass to hit some of the monsters in this league.

Not slamming him at all....just needs a little maturity as well as more bulk IMO.  He CAN get bigger.

I like him.  He needs to be about 210-220 with that size IMO.  I think he will be solid in time.  I feel he needs to 'grow.'

I also see that he is more of a 'hitter' than a tackler.  He again needs that extra muscle mass to hit some of the monsters in this league.

Not slamming him at all....just needs a little maturity as well as more bulk IMO.  He CAN get bigger.

I knew somebody would mention his lack of bulk...it was only a matter of time. So what? He's thin...some players are. Not a big deal. HE CHANGES GAMES...THE OUTCOME OF GAMES. Don't really care if he's too thin. We had a guy named sanders a while back...a real workout warrior, but missed about 60 percent of the games he should've played. Don't get caught up in this garbage.

I knew somebody would mention his lack of bulk...it was only a matter of time. So what? He's thin...some players are. Not a big deal. HE CHANGES GAMES...THE OUTCOME OF GAMES. Don't really care if he's too thin. We had a guy named sanders a while back...a real workout warrior, but missed about 60 percent of the games he should've played. Don't get caught up in this garbage.

Ya have got caught up in it man, The dude is an extremely inconsistent tackler

I think in your mock Calvin Pryor falls out of the first maybe my dreams will come true and we'll trade up to get him early in the 2nd round not likely but it would be awesome i'm not as high on jimmie ward as others I would hope someone takes him in round one so we have a chance at pryor

If holmes is our future...then i'm worried. He's a solid back-up type of guy.

And your not worried about some O Linemen coming off two serious injuries whos only experience at Center came against some backups in the preseason? Holy crap man, I think your really going off the deep end here

And your not worried about some O Linemen coming off two serious injuries whos only experience at Center came against some backups in the preseason? Holy crap man, I think your really going off the deep end here

I say let thomas/louis/holmes and bodine ( or some other prospect battle it out), to start at center. I'm not sold on any of them.

Bob was 5' 8" and 206....hardly rangy or skinny....he could also tackle AND hit...not just hit.  You do that in the NFL and the WR or back is running for the cones.  Dowling is 6'3" and 190?  He will take a beating if he does not bulk up.  

Bob was 5' 8" and 206....hardly rangy or skinny....he could also tackle AND hit...not just hit.  You do that in the NFL and the WR or back is running for the cones.  Dowling is 6'3" and 190?  He will take a beating if he does not bulk up.  

I don't want to get into the whole BOB debate (because i know many view this underachiever as a god) .The man was injured the majority of his career. If johnathan is naturally thin...that's okay with me. I prefer a REAL NATURAL TALENT to a fake pill pumping loser anyway.

I say let thomas/louis/holmes and bodine ( or some other prospect battle it out), to start at center. I'm not sold on any of them.

If we draft a center...Grigson is worried....if not he thinks Holmes can do the job.

Grab Jackson etc as a guard....and see what happens.  The worst case scenario is that Holmes is a better guard than center and Thomas fills the void.  If Louis is healthy...that is just a teaspoon of icing.

Martin from USC may be our pick?  Interesting.  The INDY Star today said we may be going BPA by talent instead of need.....

I don't want to get into the whole BOB debate (because i know many few this underachiever as a god) .The man was injured the majority of his career. If johnathan is naturally thin...that's okay with me. I prefer a REAL NATURAL TALENT to a fake pill pumping loser anyway.

I think you jut got yourself face first in a Bob debate.  :)  

I am fine with Dowling if he bulks up.  It is hard to teach the art of tackling/wrapping up if he has not 'gotten the memo' as yet.  I learned it in Bantom League football when  I was 8.  Well in the back yard before that with Pops.  :)

If we draft a center...Grigson is worried....if not he thinks Holmes can do the job.

Grab Jackson etc as a guard....and see what happens.  The worst case scenario is that Holmes is a better guard than center and Thomas fills the void.  If Louis is healthy...that is just a teaspoon of icing.

Martin from USC may be our pick?  Interesting.  The INDY Star today said we may be going BPA by talent instead of need.....

I could live with the martin pick as well. It's possible holmes can play guard and i'm fine with it.

This can be taught/corrected with coaching. He's equal, if not better than jimmie ward.

Yeah....No he's not, Ward is the better tackler and every bit as capable of being a ballhawk, Dowling is not a player you want as a single high Safety, He also is inconsistent shedding blocks

I think you jut got yourself face first in a Bob debate.   :)

I am fine with Dowling if he bulks up.  It is hard to teach the art of tackling/wrapping up if he has not 'gotten the memo' as yet.  I learned it in Bantom League football when  I was 8.  Well in the back yard before that with Pops.   :)

The guy got hurt ALOT...unnaturally ALOT. Not one of my favorite guys' and certainly not a BURLS' GUY.

Yeah....No he's not, Ward is the better tackler and every bit as capable of being a ballhawk, Dowling is not a player you want as a single high Safety, He also is inconsistent shedding blocks

Not to mention...he seems to not have the awareness and ability to be adept at press coverage...the lankiness really hurts him there.  

Maybe not relevent with a safety I know.

That's your opinion...and yours' alone. I don't share it.

Not to mention...he seems to not have the awareness and ability to be adept at press coverage...the lankiness really hurts him there.  

Nothing else to say, but good luck in the draft. I hope your picks, if their colt's picks work out, because we cheer for the same team.

Are you crazy?! The dude forced 18 turnovers in 14 games at WKU! Not to mention his special team's play.

wth?

Where do you get this stuff?

I don't think I'd call him a sociopath; I don't know the guy. But he definitely has a quirky personality, and combine that with the off field red flags, and maybe there's something to be careful of there... 

Is it like looking in a mirror, Gavin?

;)

I don't think I'd call him a sociopath; I don't know the guy. But he definitely has a quirky personality, and combine that with the off field red flags, and maybe there's something to be careful of there... 

I'm only aware of one off the field incident and it's not even clear that Lewan was involved.

He claims he's innocent and until it's proven otherwise, he's getting the benefit of the doubt.

Are there other incidents that I'm unaware of?

I'm only aware of one off the field incident and it's not even clear that Lewan was involved.

He claims he's innocent and until it's proven otherwise, he's getting the benefit of the doubt.

Are there other incidents that I'm unaware of?

I trust matthew's blood line...first and formost. but taylor's a BEAST! I  LOVE THIS ANIMAL! I think 10 years from now, both he and jackson are the steals of the draft. I'm confident in that.

Who has called Holmes a god send?  Also, there is zero way of knowing at this point whether Holmes can become a multiple pro-bowler or whether he'll wind up an average career back-up.