Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two Kickers Make More Than Any Running Back in the NFL

King Colt

So now that the rules say the receivers are not to be harmed this brought about the need for accurate QBs. Why go to the lengths to declare receivers untouchable if you can't get the ball to them? So who suffers? The RBs. Back when kickers were the laughing stock of all teams at all levels from Pee Wee on up. So if you have good speed do you opt for a defensive back job in high school instead of running back? The average life of a RB is three years in the NFL so add that to lower salaries, who needs it? Strange how this game has changed.

So now that the rules say the receivers are not to be harmed this brought about the need for accurate QBs. Why go to the lengths to declare receivers untouchable if you can't get the ball to them? So who suffers? The RBs. Back when kickers were the laughing stock of all teams at all levels from Pee Wee on up. So if you have good speed do you opt for a defensive back job in high school instead of running back? The average life of a RB is three years in the NFL so add that to lower salaries, who needs it? Strange how this game has changed.

How does the title relate to the post above?

the average NFL career period is like 3 years its not just RBs

Justin Tuck posted something interesting that almost every NFL athlete retweeted

Justin TuckVerified account ‏@JustinTuck

Truth pic.twitter.com/Wpgf6kndg3

Just wait until the college athletes get paid. They'll lose their free education because let's be honest universities aren't going to pay them and give them a fully paid for tuition. Those kids will be screwed!

KC.....

Can you please explain what you meant when you wrote the header into the subject line?

"Two Kickers Make More Than Any Running Back in the NFL"

Because that comment is completely false.   I suspect what you wrote is not what you meant.   

I look forward to your comment to explain this....

Thanks.....

decline in value has received attention, by comparing them to kickers or punters. Over The Cap wrote about the devaluation of the Running Back position using only numbers since the start of the 2013 season.

“Moving forward we are going to be looking at a position that at best may end up no higher than $5 million and year and could be capped closer to $4 million. When you think of all the great running backs who have played in the NFL and the one time importance that had to the team it’s pretty shocking to see the devaluation to a throw away position in the NFL.  But we are almost there and it sure seems to be just a matter of months before the market for Kickers, Punters, and Running Backs will be within just a few dollars of each other.”

A few days earlier, nfl.com’s Chris Wesseling asked “Why are running backs paid like kickers, punters?”

The six signed running backs from 
‘s original 
 list will average $2.89 million annually under their new contracts. The NFL’s six highest-paid punters 
 in base salary for the 2014 season, per Spotrac.com.

Add to this: How many RB's have gone in the #1 spot in the last ten years. I know my facts so don't dispute me.

KC.....

Can you please explain what you meant when you wrote the header into the subject line?

"Two Kickers Make More Than Any Running Back in the NFL"

Because that comment is completely false.   I suspect what you wrote is not what you meant.   

I look forward to your comment to explain this....

Thanks....

OK I will. How about this for an example?  Fifteen million for four years!. Ave. RB money:$957,366/yr.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) -- Robbie Gould saw no reason to shop around.

The Chicago Bears announced a four-year extension with Gould on Friday, locking in one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history through the 2017 season.

A person familiar with the situation said the deal is worth $15 million and includes more than $9 million in guaranteed money. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because financial terms were not announced. ESPN first reported the terms.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) -- Robbie Gould saw no reason to shop around.

The Chicago Bears announced a four-year extension with Gould on Friday, locking in one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history through the 2017 season.

A person familiar with the situation said the deal is worth $15 million and includes more than $9 million in guaranteed money. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because financial terms were not announced. ESPN first reported the terms.

that is not more then the top running back salaries

You shouldn't be surprised. The league hates running backs. That's why no one wants to give them rules that benefit them while they turn the game into a QB stat padding contest.

Precisely. They can't even lead with the helmet anymore, so they're handicapped even further.