Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heard Colts at Broncos is Sunday Night football opener

chad72

Not sure I really like Demarcus Ware matched up on Castonzo. Cherilus handled Von Miller thoroughly last time,  but it's Ware I'm worried about. It'll also be interesting to see the Broncos without Eric Decker. I figure we'll put Davis on Damaryius again. If we get Lamarcus Joyner in the draft, have him in the slot against Welker. Freeman drops in coverage on Julius Thomas? And Ball isn't explosive enough to really break big runs so Jones and Chapman should handle him.

I like how we match up on them defensively. Its offensively I'm worried about. I think this would be the time to break out the 2 TE system and then line up Knicks and Hilton. We also need to look at putting a double team on Ware, specifically if he lines up against Castonzo. But I'd say I feel more confident in us winning this meeting than I did the last one.

Sanders might be a hard cover with his speed. I think the key will be the pressure put on Manning. Without that we know what can happen. This should be a game where I hope our running game can use a little ball control. Allen could be the difference in a two TE set also.

Sanders might be a hard cover with his speed. I think the key will be the pressure put on Manning. Without that we know what can happen. This should be a game where I hope our running game can use a little ball control. Allen could be the difference in a two TE set also.

Forgot they got Emmanuel Sanders. I really don't want to imagine Toler *shudders* matched up on Sanders. IDK maybe give him safety help. But yeah the running game will be key. If Richardson ever wanted to pick a time to prove us all wrong, Week 1 would be the time. But the backfield should be interesting. Ballard and Bradshaw are both back.

Yeah I think Allen is the key because of how he plays. He's physical and mean, and he has good hands. If Reggie isn't 100, he could be the go to guy on third down and I like Allen matched up against their LB core.

The key will be whether the Colts we block Von Miller and Demarcus Ware.....vs. the pass..Terrance Knighton and Kevin Vickerson vs. the run

Prior to the draft (which may change that) Colts simply are not built to line up and run the ball...

....but its the only way to beat Denver...Indy wont get the pas rush on Denver they did last year...different line

The key will be whether the Colts we block Von Miller and Demarcus Ware.....vs. the pass..Terrance Knighton and Kevin Vickerson vs. the run

Prior to the draft (which may change that) Colts simply are not built to line up and run the ball...

....but its the only way to beat Denver...Indy wont get the pas rush on Denver they did last year...different line

You could be right but the Colts defense will not be the same either. Allen is a very good blocker and so is Bradshaw if he is used in that capacity. From what I read about the offensive blocking Denver has at this point is not as good as last season with the loss of a couple of players. Being it's the first game of the season anything can and more than likely will. With a healthy Bradshaw and Ballard I expect the Colts will run a bit.

It will be all about offense.

In years past, when more contact was allowed in practices, defenses started faster than offenses. Now, it is the opposite.

Cannot win a game in Denver in the high 30s like we did in Indy. If we can limit the scores in the high 20s by controlling tempo and forcing enough 3 and outs, we have a chance in Denver. The key again is press coverage and limiting YAC and the Broncos' run. Lost in the SB results is how well the Seahawks were prepared to defend the run though they were in nickel formation most of the time. Arthur Jones should help there.

Can't wait!!! :)

Miller prob won't even be ready by week one

Not sure I really like Demarcus Ware matched up on Castonzo. Cherilus handled Von Miller thoroughly last time, but it's Ware I'm worried about. It'll also be interesting to see the Broncos without Eric Decker. I figure we'll put Davis on Damaryius again. If we get Lamarcus Joyner in the draft, have him in the slot against Welker. Freeman drops in coverage on Julius Thomas? And Ball isn't explosive enough to really break big runs so Jones and Chapman should handle him.

I like how we match up on them defensively. Its offensively I'm worried about. I think this would be the time to break out the 2 TE system and then line up Knicks and Hilton. We also need to look at putting a double team on Ware, specifically if he lines up against Castonzo. But I'd say I feel more confident in us winning this meeting than I did the last one.

Out of all people on Denver's defense & you're worried about broken down Ware? Seriously?

Colts need to come out fast and strong and prove to themselves and the rest of the nation that they are here to win.  As a colts fan I cannot agree with this attitude of this will probably be the one we lose, NO. Colts fans unite!!!!!!!!!!!!  Show your team your pride and they will go and win that game for us the fans and more importantly themselves. Good day.

Out of all people on Denver's defense & you're worried about broken down Ware? Seriously?

Yes, it would be un-wise to underestimate Ware. He's a veteran. Plus you don't want a veteran going up against a guy going into his 4th year. I wouldn't worry about him matched up against Cherilus though.

That's probably because, when healthy, Ware's pass rush efficiency and productivity was higher than that of Jared Allen, on a per pressure basis. If it were at the end of the season, a broken down Ware is more likely, just not as likely in the beginning.

That's probably because, when healthy, Ware's pass rush efficiency and productivity was higher than that of Jared Allen, on a per pressure basis. If it were at the end of the season, a broken down Ware is more likely, just not as likely in the beginning.

2013 Jared Allen isn't a high-bar.

I've never been to Indy before. I've seen Colts vs. Jets during the SB season in NY (Peyton 4th quarter comeback), SB vs. Saints in Miami, and Colts vs. Jets in NY 2 years ago when Sanchez/Tebow crushed us after we beat the Packers at home. I plan on flying out to Cincinnati and staying with my cousins (Bengals fans) then driving to Indy for the Colts/Bengals home game in October. Absolutely cannot wait to see the stadium and finally cheer for the home team with all you guys.

Me neither I got tickets to the NE game at home in Nov and the season opener in Den...I can't wait to cheer for the horseshoe at LOS with Colts fans. My first NFL game was last years disappointment in AZ, I was so mad I left late in the 3rd qtr to get a jump on traffic, so I'm hoping for better results at least 1 of the 2 of Indy's toughest opponents this yr haha. I think IF Indy can stay healthy (knock on wood) they could make a superbowl push in the playoffs, especially if we snag a 1 or 2 seed this yr. I think the biggest holes are at safety and offensive guard. I'm blindly optimistic that Khaled will play solid at center and surprise fans this year and I'm expecting dividends from Chapman and/or Hughes at nose tackle as well. This team has soo many weapons on both sides of the ball I can barely believe that 3 years ago Indy suffered a 2-14 season and we said goodbye to Peyton, this could be a dynasty making year for Indy if the salary cap is managed well under Grigson and so far I like what I see.