Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hirst1000's first ever mock draft!

So this is my first attempt at doing a genuine mock draft, never mind posting it online to the scrutiny of you vultures ;). After a little bit of film study and

Try not to tear me apart too bad.

Round 2 - Marcus Smith - DE/OLB

Really like this guy. Start him off as a situational pass rusher. Can develop into a 3 down player off the edge against the run, rushing the passer and even in coverage. Ideal size and great athleticism. Can never have too many pass rushers.

Round 3 - Pierre Desir - CB

Looks great on paper. Nice, long corner with great athleticism. Questions about level of competition but has the tools to develop into a high level starter. Needs to improve tackling. Could cover outside when/if Toler goes down as he has the build to jam reciever at the line.

Round 5 - Michael Schofield - G/T

Played mostly as a tackle in college. I expect him to slide into the interior at pro level. He is a good run blocker which would serve the colts well. I would mostly like him as a right guard but provide more depth at tackle.

Round 6 - Marqueston Huff - S

Great athleticism meaning good potential as a deep safety. Probably not going g to be the best in the box, but we have guys who can do that stuff already. Could be a good ST contributed. Safety in the 6th? Could be pretty good

Round 7 - De'Anthony Thomas - RB

Dynamic, athletic. Pretty much just a weapon. Could be a dynamite kick and punt returner.

So this is my first attempt at doing a genuine mock draft, never mind posting it online to the scrutiny of you vultures ;). After a little bit of film study and

Try not to tear me apart too bad.

Round 2 - Marcus Smith - DE/OLB

Really like this guy. Start him off as a situational pass rusher. Can develop into a 3 down player off the edge against the run, rushing the passer and even in coverage. Ideal size and great athleticism. Can never have too many pass rushers.

Round 3 - Pierre Desir - CB

Looks great on paper. Nice, long corner with great athleticism. Questions about level of competition but has the tools to develop into a high level starter. Needs to improve tackling. Could cover outside when/if Toler goes down as he has the build to jam reciever at the line.

Round 5 - Michael Schofield - G/T

Played mostly as a tackle in college. I expect him to slide into the interior at pro level. He is a good run blocker which would serve the colts well. I would mostly like him as a right guard but provide more depth at tackle.

Round 6 - Marqueston Huff - S

Great athleticism meaning good potential as a deep safety. Probably not going g to be the best in the box, but we have guys who can do that stuff already. Could be a good ST contributed. Safety in the 6th? Could be pretty good

Round 7 - De'Anthony Thomas - RB

Dynamic, athletic. Pretty much just a weapon. Could be a dynamite kick and punt returner.

Love the Marcus Smith and Michael Schofield picks.

The Thomas pick I like aswell- could be useful if we draft that late.

Desir- as a player seems like he has some potential but personally I would rather go for a safety in the 3rd round.

I personally don't like the Huff pick. To me- he seems to disappear a lot in games and there's just something off about him.

Overall Hirst1000- I would give your draft a B+ because there are a lot of good players in this draft but just a couple I would change.

Very nice. I would take this draft.

Personally, I would like to see us take a corner with either our 2nd or 3rd round pick. Even if Toler and Butler stay healthy this year, we could give the rookie a year to learn and contribute in a lesser role before being called upon for a much bigger role in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

A reasonable draft.  I think Pierre would go before we had a shot to draft him in the 3rd, but I would be pretty pleased with this draft.  But good news for us is, there's some other CBs that would likely be comparable and available with the 90th overall.  Guys like Keith McGill, Brashaud Breeland, Phillip Gaines (not sure if Gaines is a 3rd rounder, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with the pick) all could be available and worth the 90th overall.

I like it taking players that fit our system not reaching for a S and no WR's. If we got this I would be happy.

You think DeAnthony Thomas is there for us in the 7th. Chip might not let him last that long.

I liked the idea of getting McKinnon in the 6th then Darby  in the 7th. I really like Exum too obviously he won't be there in the 6th or 7th., Be a good draft to move down from 59 grab a couple of extra picks in that is for sure.

Ive been using this site to mess around with the drafting. http://first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx

my drafting http://postimg.org/image/klvtungtr/ 

pretty bad but im trying lol

The only bad thing about that website is the trades.  Very unrealistic.  But find one of those "value draft charts" (just google it) and pick a trade that fits the chart and it's a decent mock draft tool.  They have a somewhat decent prospect grading.  The other thing I dont' really like about the website is I think it drafts based on need moreso than it does BPA.  There's times where teams will reach REALLY bad just so they fill a need, when there's other players that would better suit a secondary need.  But no mock draft is perfect, so it stands to reason no computerized mock draft tool will be perfect either.  In the end, it's just for fun.  I still don't get how some guys score  6,000 plus points.  I try, but it seems no matter how hard I try, I never get close.

A reasonable draft.  I think Pierre would go before we had a shot to draft him in the 3rd, but I would be pretty pleased with this draft.  But good news for us is, there's some other CBs that would likely be comparable and available with the 90th overall.  Guys like Keith McGill, Brashaud Breeland, Phillip Gaines (not sure if Gaines is a 3rd rounder, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with the pick) all could be available and worth the 90th overall.

Exum from VT would be there he might be there in the 4th if we got an extra pick. I says he is the be CB in the draft.

Man if we could get a guy like Marcus Smith, Attachou or Van Noy in the 2nd and then McGill or Breeland in the 3rd....that would be incredible. :D

Exum from VT would be there he might be there in the 4th if we got an extra pick. I says he is the be CB in the draft.

More and more people seem to think he'll go in the 4th or sooner...I really liked him as a 5th round CB for the Colts if we didn't get a guy like McGill in the 3rd.  Thankfully this class is deep in CB, so there's some other guys I like that would be late round steals like Aaron Colvin.