Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Clemons, safety

But in 2013- his run support according to Pro Football Focus was a minus ( can't exactly remember) but he missed quite a few tackles.

Jimmie Ward from NIU is a guy I've grown a bit high on recently, he was 2nd to none in coverage ( I think in 5 videos of him- he only allowed 1 catch) but he can be a bit of a heavy hitter in the run game.

That's who I'm wanting us to pick up. Signing him would allow us to go OLB, CB in the draft too. Yeah, Clemons is a solid FS, and he's good in coverage which we desperately need. I just have a feeling Grigs is wanting Jimmy Ward in the 2nd though. Either way though I'll be happy if the end result is us getting a true FS who can cover. It would improve the Secondary as a whole.

But in 2013- his run support according to Pro Football Focus was a minus ( can't exactly remember) but he missed quite a few tackles.

Jimmie Ward from NIU is a guy I've grown a bit high on recently, he was 2nd to none in coverage ( I think in 5 videos of him- he only allowed 1 catch) but he can be a bit of a heavy hitter in the run game.

You must not have seen D'Qwell Jacksons' PFF grade from last year for coverage and run support....

You must not have seen D'Qwell Jacksons' PFF grade from last year for coverage and run support....

Awful against the run for the last couple years and ok against the pass. In other words not what we needed next to Freeman..

That's who I'm wanting us to pick up. Signing him would allow us to go OLB, CB in the draft too. Yeah, Clemons is a solid FS, and he's good in coverage which we desperately need. I just have a feeling Grigs is wanting Jimmy Ward in the 2nd though. Either way though I'll be happy if the end result is us getting a true FS who can cover. It would improve the Secondary as a whole.

jimmy ward  back up read all propects. he under size.