Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt's Sign Hakeem Nicks!

1 year deal? Cool. Guess we can rule out drafting a WR early. I'm glad to see they recognized and acknowledged that Luck needed more weapons.

Wow, just saw the Phil Costa signing. Not sure how good he is, but I think it takes away another need. With that being said, the only real need now is FS (and possibly CB 2). I have to say, I'm impressed. I've been vocal about how Grigson has moved in FA in the past, but so far this is a really good FA. He's hitting all the areas of the need and not just throwing money at random guys.

Shaping up to be a BPA draft.

1 year deal? Cool. Guess we can rule out drafting a WR early. I'm glad to see they recognized and acknowledged that Luck needed more weapons.

Wow, just saw the Phil Costa signing. Not sure how good he is, but I think it takes away another need. With that being said, the only real need now is FS (and possibly CB 2). I have to say, I'm impressed. I've been vocal about how Grigson has moved in FA in the past, but so far this is a really good FA. He's hitting all the areas of the need and not just throwing money at random guys.

Shaping up to be a BPA draft.

Costa is not a difference maker, at all imo. He's maybe a slightly upgraded Mike McGlynn. We're going to have a weak running game if we don't bring in at least 1 O-lineman who is actually good. As it stands I don't think Grigson is gonna do that and I believe we will field one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL in 2014. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I'm losing faith in fixing our O-line.

I would've rather drafted a WR but I can live with Nicks at $3.5 mil, that's fair imo.

I like the attitude he's showing already too apparently. Read an article on Bleacher Report that said he was headed to this camp which draft prospects go to get ready for the draft. He going to get ready for the season and start sharpening himself up and get in good shape. I like to hear that he's already looking to get after it for thisseason. Sorry I can paste the link, I'm on my phone. Go on Bleacher Report under Colts and you will see it.

I like the attitude he's showing already too apparently. Read an article on Bleacher Report that said he was headed to this camp which draft prospects go to get ready for the draft. He going to get ready for the season and start sharpening himself up and get in good shape. I like to hear that he's already looking to get after it for thisseason. Sorry I can paste the link, I'm on my phone. Go on Bleacher Report under Colts and you will see it.

Per a source with knowledge of Nicks’ plans, he’s promptly heading to The IMG Academy to train with players preparing for the draft.  His goal will be to get himself into peak physical shape for offseason workouts, in order to make an immediate impression on quarterback Andrew Luck. - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=295738

Per a source with knowledge of Nicks’ plans, he’s promptly heading to The IMG Academy to train with players preparing for the draft. His goal will be to get himself into peak physical shape for offseason workouts, in order to make an immediate impression on quarterback [/

color]Andrew Luck