Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Panthers are attempting to trade WR Steve Smith

That would be a really bad move IMO. WR was a major weakness for them last year. They should keep him, and sign Nicks. Smith and Nicks would be a nice duo for them. Maybe they want to draft Odell Beckem to replace Smith, but I figured they would draft a OT or a CB in the 1st.

That would be a really bad move IMO. WR was a major weakness for them last year. They should keep him, and sign Nicks. Smith and Nicks would be a nice duo for them. Maybe they want to draft Odell Beckem to replace Smith, but I figured they would draft a OT or a CB in the 1st.

Apparently the Panthers aren't feeling his $7,000.000 a year price tag. I wonder if anyone else will either. One thing I do not wonder about is his heart. And I don't discount him coming back strong with a new team.

We'll see if someone jumps at the trade or we'll see the feeding frenzy that I'd think would occur if/when he is cut.

They need him if they want to continue to be serious playoff contenders. Keep Smith, draft Beckham or Cooks in round 1. Sign Nicks. They can get a corner in round 2. But if they continue to not surround Cam with real weapons, they'll never be anything more than a perennial 1 and done team, with a championship level defense.