Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

possible draft strategy

Folks we have to spend 89 percent of that 40 mill so there wont be alot of savings and roll over, we will have to spend alot of what cap we have next year on our own Free Agents, We will probably be spending roughly 35 mill this year without the release of Satele....39 mill with the release of Satele

Stop saying "folks." It makes you sound like Brad Wells.

Grigson has said, and the PR department is now repeating in some of their stories, that the Colts will not be as active in the 2014 FA window as we were last year.

Wisely is something he's going to try and be every year no matter how active we're going to be. But he did say less active.

Thanks. I hadn't seen anything like that since the "wisely" quote, at least not from Grigson. I was assuming it was a series of misinterpretations on this forum. There are many on here who play the game "telephone" poorly. Sorry for suggesting you were too.

You are right, I didn't realize U of O played in that good of conference. Although TY is kinda unique, in that he was recruited by some bigger name schools and turned them down.

^^This^^ I believe besides FIU he had offers from West Virginia and Ole Miss ... maybe some others.

Meh he (Brazil) is good for 1 or 2 good plays per year.   He's got a lot of speed but that's about it.  

I guess you could say he's the poor man's Hilton.  

His route running seems pretty limited.  On the season Griff Whalen who's extremely limited athletically did better then in him in both receptions and yards and equaled his TD total.

Brazil I will admit did better in the playoffs.  

Honestly though I don't understand why Brazil hasn't been spending more time with special teams as a returner.  Hilton shouldn't be doing this job anymore because he's too important as a receiver.  Whalen doesn't have the breakaway speed to be a good return man.  

Agree he is a poor mans Hilton, but honestly you have to be in the game to make plays when given opportunity he has shown that he can make a few. Whalen is a better route runner I believe to. Agree he should be tried as a returner, I think he is bigger than Hilton too. Would be shame to lose Hilton on ST's to an injury!

Thanks. I hadn't seen anything like that since the "wisely" quote, at least not from Grigson. I was assuming it was a series of misinterpretations on this forum. There are many on here who play the game "telephone" poorly. Sorry for suggesting you were too.

Hey.....   no need to apologize....   I appreciate the benefit of the doubt....

And while I think my reading of all this is right,  I never rule out that my head might be up my *** and maybe I've misinterpreted Grigson's comments.

I spent a few minutes looking for the Grigson quote this morning and couldn't find it.   But, I'll keep looking.

Depending on demand we may be wiser to let Hilton go.  Hilton sort of plays in the model of Mike Wallace and Wallace got a huge amount of money to play in Miami.  12 million a year average.

If Hilton starts asking for that kind of money then we let him walk.  

My guess is that next year around this time we will get a better feel for what Hilton wants money wise. He will be looking at an extension. I would guess that if the asking price is too high, then they may look to trade him a la Percy Harvin. Get a first and third rounder for him.

My guess is that next year around this time we will get a better feel for what Hilton wants money wise. He will be looking at an extension. I would guess that if the asking price is too high, then they may look to trade him a la Percy Harvin. Get a first and third rounder for him.

Harvin was traded because he is pain in the butt and constantly banged up.....and not worth the money the Seahawks paid him.

I doubt we would trade him, as someone else pointed out Percy Harvin was a pain in the butt and constantly injured.  Hilton is neither of those.  However if his agent thinks he can find some $$$ on the FA market then it may be difficult to re-sign him.  

Unless something off the wall happens there is no way we trade TY, he and Luck are just now starting to build that chemistry.

Unless something off the wall happens there is no way we trade TY, he and Luck are just now starting to build that chemistry.

That is basically what I am saying. If he is asking for Vincent Jackson or Mike Wallace type money, I would rather trade him than weigh the franchise with his large contract.

Only Luck will guarantee a high salary. If Kap gets 18mill a year from SF. We can use that as Lucks future contract. Allen, fleener, and TY are good players but who knows how things will shape out in the next two seasons. Someone pointed out we need to use 89 percent of the money we have anyways so there's not much left to rollover. By then also we would have more cap and players like Wayne, redding, Mathis, maybe even Jackson who we just signed today are gone from the team!