Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guess who the most injury-riddled team is?

IndyScribe

ACLs can pop if you put too much stress on it like what happened on the Reggie play.  Would it have happened later in the season?  Maybe but I highly doubt it happens on that play if Luck puts that pass on the money.  The pass by Luck helped cause that injury at that point in time.  Why do you think Luck felt so awful about it after the game?  He knows he made a mistake and it help lead to the injury of teammate.

That would be a never ending game of pointing fingers if you went down that road

That would be a never ending game of pointing fingers if you went down that road

Pointing fingers or not it was a bad throw by Luck.  Even Luck would tell you that and would have told you that even if Reggie didn't get hurt.  Like I said earlier in this thread Luck is still the best young QB in the NFL and better than most QBs in the NFL but he does tend to be a little wild at times.  All players have flaws but I still wouldn't trade Luck for any QB in the NFL. 

Pointing fingers or not it was a bad throw by Luck.  Even Luck would tell you that and would have told you that even if Reggie didn't get hurt.  Like I said earlier in this thread Luck is still the best young QB in the NFL and better than most QBs in the NFL but he does tend to be a little wild at times.  All players have flaws but I still wouldn't trade Luck for any QB in the NFL.

That wasn't the point. I wonder if Austin Collie blames Manning for his concussions or Aaron Rodgers blames his LT for his broken collarbone?

That wasn't the point. I wonder if Austin Collie blames Manning for his concussions or Aaron Rodgers blames his LT for his broken collarbone?

I never said Reggie blamed Andrew for his injury.  I am just stating that Andrew's throw helped cause the injury.  If it's a clean throw more than likely Wayne doesn't get hurt on that play.  It is what it is and you are never going to get ride of those kinds of injuries in football but it doesn't change that it was a bad throw and that bad throw doesn't change that Luck is still the best young QB in the NFL.  I think I've been clear here that this isn't meant to beat down Luck and have said many nice things in this thread about him in this thread as well as other threads.  Just because it's one of those things that happens when you play a game like football doesn't mean Luck didn't make a mistake as well. 

I never said Reggie blamed Andrew for his injury.  I am just stating that Andrew's throw helped cause the injury.  If it's a clean throw more than likely Wayne doesn't get hurt on that play.  It is what it is and you are never going to get ride of those kinds of injuries in football but it doesn't change that it was a bad throw and that bad throw doesn't change that Luck is still the best young QB in the NFL.  I think I've been clear here that this isn't meant to beat down Luck and have said many nice things in this thread about him in this thread as well as other threads.  Just because it's one of those things that happens when you play a game like football doesn't mean Luck didn't make a mistake as well.

Nobody is saying you are taking a shot at luck, it's just a silly way to look at it imo. Reggie has bent over a million times in an attempt to catch a pass, and for some reason his knee gave out this time....there really is no explanation for it.

Nobody is saying you are taking a shot at luck, it's just a silly way to look at it imo. Reggie has bent over a million times in an attempt to catch a pass, and for some reason his knee gave out this time....there really is no explanation for it.

That was more than bending over.  That was trying to come to stop and bend his body to try to catch a pass that wasn't put on the money.  Again, all I have really said is if Luck put that pass on the money Reggie probably doesn't get hurt on that play.  Which is what most people have been saying about it since it happened. 

That was more than bending over.  That was trying to come to stop and bend his body to try to catch a pass that wasn't put on the money.  Again, all I have really said is if Luck put that pass on the money Reggie probably doesn't get hurt on that play.  Which is what most people have been saying about it since it happened.

I give up

Some pretty sad conclusions floating around here, and there has for some time.

Every QB who has ever eaten a twiglet throws a ball slightly off centre about 6 times a game. Blaming Andrew on Reggie's injury is weak to say the least.

It's like saying Reggie never adjusted his feet in time.

These things happen. It was no ones 'fault'.

Or maybe it was Pep for calling the wrong play.

In season 1 it was a Miracle Reggie survived all the Forced throws into coverage, while receivers ran wide open in front of Andrew.

Reggie was absolutely Blown Up by many vicious hits that had me seriously worried, at least 15 times i would say.

Allen was lost for the season on such a play. A high ball between two defenders with FleenR wide open 5 yards shorter and just to his right.

Yes, I will Always believe a QB has to make good decisions and take what the defense gives them. Obviously one Should get better at that with experience.

:no: :no: :no: :no:

Andrew underthrowing Reggie did Reggie in. And our offensive line not blocking for Andrew for him to make a better pass did Reggie in

so all of the other passes that were off target to receivers and they did not get hurt, were those perfect passes or something? Reggie's cleat got stuck in the turf, you see through slow motion the foot never came off the ground until after his knee went the other way and  the injury occurred. there is no reasoning for why something like that happens, it's a freak accident that unfortunately causes a player to miss the season. but i never have agreed to that fake turf stuff that some teams have in their indoor stadiums (except AZ who has real grass).  and feel every team should have real grass on the ground. 

Like what?

Maybe more rest for the body to repair, nutrition, less strenuous practice as the year trudges on. I'm not

in the locker room so I don't really know what goes on in the program but I do know the human body needs

to repair itself when it gets broken down or you are asking for an injury.

What's your possible solution to the injury bug superman?