Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Would You Do If He Can Go In Game 16?

dn4192

Hello Everyone,

I just signed up for the forum because I had a question for all of the colts fans. Being a dolphins fan, I'm fully on board the suck for luck train, however, I'm pretty sure you guys are going to end up with the 1st overall pick. I just wanted to see what you guys thought on a possible trade scenerio. If the dolphins are sitting at number 2 behind you guys, would you trade down with us for obviously our fist round pick this year (number 2 overall) and Jake Long. You guys could get possibly a hall of fame left tackle and still get your qb of the future. I feel like that might be enough to get that pick. Maybe we also throw in a Defensive Lineman because we have alot of good players and depth. You could have your pick between Odrick, Langford, Merling, Solia, or Mcdaniel. Solia will be a free agent but we might resign him. What do you guys think???

Everyone doesnt want Andrew Luck...St. Louis..for example.

St. Louis might even want Luck. Considering Luck is 1/2 off for what he should be paid, they could trade Bradford. THat is why the #1 pick is so important. Everyone wants it. Its like the steal of the century whether you keep Luck or trade it for a huge ransom of picks.

Hello Everyone,

I just signed up for the forum because I had a question for all of the colts fans. Being a dolphins fan, I'm fully on board the suck for luck train, however, I'm pretty sure you guys are going to end up with the 1st overall pick. I just wanted to see what you guys thought on a possible trade scenerio. If the dolphins are sitting at number 2 behind you guys, would you trade down with us for obviously our fist round pick this year (number 2 overall) and Jake Long. You guys could get possibly a hall of fame left tackle and still get your qb of the future. I feel like that might be enough to get that pick. Maybe we also throw in a Defensive Lineman because we have alot of good players and depth. You could have your pick between Odrick, Langford, Merling, Solia, or Mcdaniel. Solia will be a free agent but we might resign him. What do you guys think???

We think No deal. it wouldn't be enough to get that pick. If Miami were willing to give up future 3 1st round picks then we'd consider it.

Why would we trade the bounty pick of future of a lifetime for a years ago bust Left Tackle, when even Matt Kalil is available in this current draft.

Edited by super8todd

St. Louis might even want Luck. Considering Luck is 1/2 off for what he should be paid, they could trade Bradford. THat is why the #1 pick is so important. Everyone wants it. Its like the steal of the century whether you keep Luck or trade it for a huge ransom of picks.

Luck to St. Louis? Rethink that.

Thats's not realistic at all....They've invested time in Bradford, too...and they do not know that Luck will be better than Sam Bradford

This Luck thing is an obcession...'Steal of the Century' sounds like an ESPN-label...like Game of the Century

Drafting Luck is starting over..and they have other needs...like we do.

Miami needs Andrew Luck because they have no QB with a future...or a past

All teams are not convinced that Luck is a certain Hall-of-Famer like SportsCenter is.

Lets say the Colts head into the final game with the Jags and having position of the first pick in the NFL draft with Miami having 1 win and us having 0. IF Peyton has worked out the entire month of Dec and says he is ready to go, do you play him and say risk losing that first round pick or do you play him and see how he does to better know what to do in the draft and not worry about having that overall number 1 pick?

I'd play him for a half and then put Painter in the second half, ala Jets game 2008. I'd like to see Manning light it up in the first half and then see Painter and the rest of the team screw up the potential win. Without Peyton, this is a dysfunctional team.

Luck to St. Louis? Rethink that.

Thats's not realistic at all....They've invested time in Bradford, too...and they do not know that Luck will be better than Sam Bradford

This Luck thing is an obcession...'Steal of the Century' sounds like an ESPN-label...like Game of the Century

Drafting Luck is starting over..and they have other needs...like we do.

Miami needs Andrew Luck because they have no QB with a future...or a past

All teams are not convinced that Luck is a certain Hall-of-Famer like SportsCenter is.

It wasnt me that said the St. Louis remark, an expert NFL analyst did. and he is right.. And besides, he is a STEAL because of the implemented Rookie salary system, so yes, he is a STEAL of the century, considered 1/2 off of what his abilities are with what he is getting paid. So by that assessment, i am 100% correct. Bradford is getting way OVERPAID, so that is why St. Louis would love to have Luck.

I disagree with pretty much everything you said. So no need to rethink any of that. You may be oldunclemark afterall.. losing some ability to think yourself as your getting older.

And drafting Luck is not starting over like you make it sound. Drafting Luck is being fortunate enough to get a stud QB to rebuild around and be prominent in 2 years.

Edited by super8todd

If we're 0-16 this year and 3-13 with Andrew Luck at QB next year...we'll care

I'd say good.. we'd be making some progress with Luck and would have won 3 games.. A great future to build around a future stud QB, instead of going 8-8 with our previous stud QB and then having to rebuild in 2 years anyway. Either way, the Colts future is rebuilding, whether you want to face it or not. I'd rather we do it now, instead of missing out on Luck and in 2 years when we are without Peyton having to rebuild with absolutely NO hope.

We think No deal. it wouldn't be enough to get that pick. If Miami were willing to give up future 3 1st round picks then we'd consider it.

Why would we trade the bounty pick of future of a lifetime for a years ago bust Left Tackle, when even Matt Kalil is available in this current draft.

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read, congratulations super8todd... Only a clueless person would call Jake Long a bust.

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read, congratulations super8todd... Only a clueless person would call Jake Long a bust.

I stand by my statement. He is a bust for being a #1 Pick with the money he is making, then for us to trade for with such a substantially better #1 pick is what i was saying. And my money is on Kalil to be even better than long, so that is not clueless, that is insightful. If you would rather trade the current value of this upcoming #1 pick for Jake Long, then that is TRULY the dumbest thing I will have ever read. Congrats.

I stand by my statement. He is a bust for being a #1 Pick with the money he is making, then for us to trade for with such a substantially better #1 pick is what i was saying. And my money is on Kalil to be even better than long, so that is not clueless, that is insightful. If you would rather trade the current value of this upcoming #1 pick for Jake Long, then that is TRULY the dumbest thing I will have ever read. Congrats.

Lol at the fail of trying to defend yourself. Jake Long is a potential Hall of Famer. Your saying that Matt Kalil is an even better Hall of Famer even though he is still in college, thereby proving my point. This is probably dumber than your 1st post haha, so congratulations again. :)

Edited by Ramblinwreck7