Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Houston Drafts Clowney....?

Costanzo is a veteran and I'm sure he will handle Clowney well enough..

If not we can use different techniques and blocking schemes to block Clowney.

We have guys like Havili, Richardson and Allen who could help double press him.

They would also have Watt.. That line is going to be tough, but I'm not worried.

Luck is pretty quick too.

Clowney is a 4-3 RDE.

Houston may have changed their DC,  but to the best of my knowledge,  they're still going to play a 3-4.

I don't think he's a fit for the 3-4.    I've never read any opinion that he could fit in that scheme.

So,  why do you think Houston is considering taking him?

Clowney is a 4-3 RDE.

Houston may have changed their DC,  but to the best of my knowledge,  they're still going to play a 3-4.

I don't think he's a fit for the 3-4.    I've never read any opinion that he could fit in that scheme.

So,  why do you think Houston is considering taking him?

A few NFL talent evaluaters said that Clowney fits the Sam LB role in Crennel's defense. So take that for what it's worth...

Jared Allen, Clay Matthews, Aldon Smith,Tamba Hali, the cartel from Seattle....its a regular NFL schedule.

I'll stick with Aldon Smith since he's the superior pass rusher of the bunch and one that Costanzo actually lined up against (Clay Matthews & Tamba Hali -linebackers- didn't and Red Bryant isn't elite)...6 tackles and 1 sack.

So like I was writing before, can Castanzo handle Clowney?

If the Texans go with Clowney, are we making a move at LT? Either in the draft or via Free Agency.

Can Castanzo handle Clowney? I'm not so sure.

Can Eugene Monroe, Jordan Gross, Anthony Collins or Zach Streif?

If the Texans go with Clowney, are we making a move at LT? Either in the draft or via Free Agency.

Can Castanzo handle Clowney? I'm not so sure.

Can Eugene Monroe, Jordan Gross, Anthony Collins or Zach Streif?

Lets wait and see if Clowney wants to play hard all the time

I'll stick with Aldon Smith since he's the superior pass rusher of the bunch and one that Costanzo actually lined up against (Clay Matthews & Tamba Hali -linebackers- didn't and Red Bryant isn't elite)...6 tackles and 1 sack.

So like I was writing before, can Castanzo handle Clowney?

?????  who blocked those "LB's" and what exactly do they pay Clay Matthews to do again?  Who said anything about Red Bryant? 

Clowney hasn't done a thing at the NFL level and quite frankly outside of a few outstanding plays, he didn't do much in college. I know people have had an obsession with him but until he shows something in the pro's against the big boys, im not convinced he'll be much to worry about. I don't think he's very strong and his height will cause problems for him IMO in the NFL. So to answer the question...no, we won't move Castanzo.