Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Skip Bayless of draft profiles is back(Nolan Nawrocki)

Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel

Nawrocki's take: Suspect intangibles -- not a leader by example or known to inspire by his words. Carries a sense of entitlement and prima-donna arrogance seeking out the bright lights of Hollywood. Is known to party too much and is drawn to all the trappings of the game. ... Has defied the odds and proven to be a great college-system quarterback, but still must prove he is willing to work to be great, adjust his hard-partying, Hollywood lifestyle and be able to inspire his teammates by more than his playmaking ability.

South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney

Nawrocki's take: Lacks discipline on and off the field and has had to be managed closely since he arrived on campus. Needs to learn what it means to be a pro. Plays in spurts and is too much of a flash player -- does not consistently dominate like he could. Is still immature and finding his way -- too much of a follower.

Oregon TE Colt Lyerla

Nawrocki's take: Overly emotional and prone to outbursts following a dysfunctional childhood that offered little direction and much confusion related to a divorce. Not a disciplined team player. ... Has overcome a lot of adversity stemming back to his youth and defied the odds to become an impactful performer. Talent grades could garner interest in the second round, but past history could easily knock him down several rounds and off many draft boards.

South Carolina CB Victor Hampton

Nawrocki's take: Character will require careful evaluation -- has been troubled by a number of off-field issues dating back to high school, when he attended four different schools. Has had issues with anger management, emotional outbursts and team suspensions. Will be targeted for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties given tendency to talk and taunt. ... Size and physicality will appeal to teams, though character concerns will cloud his draft status and could knock him off some draft boards. Will require close monitoring and has bust potential.

LSU RB Jeremy Hill

Nawrocki's take: Character, maturity and stability must be investigated thoroughly -- has two criminal incidents on his record and is on probation until July, 2015. ... Big, thickly built, athletic slasher with an overinflated sense of his abilities and character red flags, which could cause some teams to shy away.

Alabama OLB Adrian Hubbard

Nawrocki's take: Has a quirky personality, inflated opinion of his ability and carries a sense of entitlement that could be difficult to manage and require a patient positional coach. ... Has starter traits, but has yet to reach the impact level he thinks he makes.

Texas WR Mike Davis

Nawrocki's take: Inadequate on-field body language and temperament -- is usually at the back of the line in practice drills and does not exhibit urgency in his play or leadership traits in the locker room. ... Displays starter-caliber physical traits, yet his playing demeanor and approach turn off many evaluators and could force his draft status to sink.

Florida DE Ronald Powell

Nawrocki's take: Had his tires pumped since high school -- entitlement was an issue as a young player and his personality could rub some people the wrong way. ... Has developmental value as a stand-up rush linebacker, but must dedicate himself to the craft and realize he's no longer the big man on campus.

Western Kentucky DB Jonathan Dowling

Nawrocki's take: Talks too much and shows off-putting body language. Questionable mental toughness. Thinks he's better than he is. Character, maturity and coachability should be looked into.

Alabama State RB Isaiah Crowell

Nawrocki's take: Beats to the tune of his own drummer. Extremely immature and has a history of off-field issues. Can be difficult to coach.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326191/article/johnny-manziel-leads-most-controversial-prospects-in-nfl-draft

I don't get how he's like Skip Bayless. Bayless is clueless on pretty much everything and Nawrocki has proven to be right on quite a bit of his draft profiles. It may not be the popular opinion but it doesn't mean he's always wrong. I'm sure he's missed on some of his profile write ups but he's been right a lot too.

I don't get how he's like Skip Bayless. Bayless is clueless on pretty much everything and Nawrocki has proven to be right on quite a bit of his draft profiles. It may not be the popular opinion but it doesn't mean he's always wrong. I'm sure he's missed on some of his profile write ups but he's been right a lot too.

Sensationalism in their opinions make them similar

Former Director of college scouting of the Bears weighs in.

@greggabe: Nolan Nawrocki used to do great work. It went bad when he started hacking prospects when he only had partial info. That's not right!!!

@greggabe: All his information is hearsay and he has never made a campus visit in his life. He has a handful of scouts that give him some info

@greggabe: Schools will lose trust in scouts and stop giving them info when they see half truths in print . Makes a scouts job that much harder

@greggabe: There are times when scouts give him false info because they know he will write it. Part of the lying season and he gets used

@greggabe: Scouts spend countless hours trying to get information that is suppose to be kept quiet. The scouts that give that info away should be fired

Former Director of college scouting of the Bears weighs in.

@greggabe: Nolan Nawrocki used to do great work. It went bad when he started hacking prospects when he only had partial info. That's not right!!!

@greggabe: All his information is hearsay and he has never made a campus visit in his life. He has a handful of scouts that give him some info

@greggabe: Schools will lose trust in scouts and stop giving them info when they see half truths in print . Makes a scouts job that much harder

@greggabe: There are times when scouts give him false info because they know he will write it. Part of the lying season and he gets used

@greggabe: Scouts spend countless hours trying to get information that is suppose to be kept quiet. The scouts that give that info away should be fired

Sounds like like Gabriel should have a bigger problem with the scouts. Nawrocki is simply doing what many other sports writers do...passing along second hand information. Maybe he should be more judicious with the info, but do teams, who have their own scouts, really give him any credence?

First..

I have great respect for HTown Colt....

That said....   I could not disagree with him more on Nawrocki.    I'm thrilled to see that he's surfaced at NFL.com....  I've been wondering where he'd show up.

Nawrockie has been proven accurate over and over...

Right about Cam Newtown.  

Right about RG3...

Right about Luck...

Right about Geno Smith...

Right about Jonathan Martin (as a player, not as a person, said he'd be a better RT than LT and would be over-drafted)

And I'll bet he's more right than not on the 10 guys he's profiled above...

I have no idea who Greg Gabe is....   but he's completely clueless about Nawrocki....   Completely.

And I'm willing to debate anyone about him at any time....

Nawrocki's write-ups are as close as all of us are going to see a real scouting report.   That's what they look like and read like.  They are blunt.   They are direct.   They're typically not for public consumption.    They're not written for fans and friends.   They're written for GM's and Directors of Personnel. 

I don't know why anyone would ever criticize him.....    I think we're lucky to be able to read his work....

First..

That said....   I could not disagree with him more on Nawrocki.    I'm thrilled to see that he's surfaced at NFL.com....  I've been wondering where he'd show up.

Right about Cam Newtown.  

Right about RG3...

Right about Luck...

Right about Jonathan Martin (as a player, not as a person, said he'd be a better RT than LT and would be over-drafted)

I have no idea who Greg Gabe is....   but he's completely clueless about Nawrocki....   Completely.

Nawrocki's write-ups are as close as all of us are going to see a real scouting report.   That's what they look like and read like.  They are blunt.   They are direct.   They're typically not for public consumption.    They're not written for fans and friends.   They're written for GM's and Directors of Personnel. 

I don't know why anyone would ever criticize him.....    I think we're lucky to be able to read his work....

Gabriel was a NFL scout for 29 years and now writes for the national football post. I think he may have replaced Russ Lande....or I hope he did.

Gabriel was a NFL scout for 29 years and now writes for the national football post. I think he may have replaced Russ Lande....or I hope he did.

Thanks...   I'm surprised at his comments.   Completely.

By the way,  I should've added this....   there is NOTHING at all that is Skip Bayless-like about Nolan Nawrocki...

He could easily be a scout in the NFL.   As could Kiper.    As could McShay.    As could Mayock.

Others?      Hmmmm......    I'll be polite and say I'm much much less impressed...

First..

That said.... I could not disagree with him more on Nawrocki. I'm thrilled to see that he's surfaced at NFL.com.... I've been wondering where he'd show up.

Right about Cam Newtown.

Right about RG3...

Right about Luck...

I have no idea who Greg Gabe is.... but he's completely clueless about Nawrocki.... Completely.

Nawrocki's write-ups are as close as all of us are going to see a real scouting report. That's what they look like and read like. They are blunt. They are direct. They're typically not for public consumption. They're not written for fans and friends. They're written for GM's and Directors of Personnel.

I don't know why anyone would ever criticize him..... I think we're lucky to be able to read his work....

He wasn't right about cam newton

Seems right about Manziel. He's only just tasted star life style. Wait till he gets drafted and has even more models throwing themselves at him than before. And wait until he gets his first check for like $3 million or something. Yeah you should be young and have fun, but like Bieber, it's going to completely change him. Cam may be immature but he hasn't let the spotlight completely suck him in and change him.

Seems right about Manziel. He's only just tasted star life style. Wait till he gets drafted and has even more models throwing themselves at him than before. And wait until he gets his first check for like $3 million or something. Yeah you should be young and have fun, but like Bieber, it's going to completely change him. Cam may be immature but he hasn't let the spotlight completely suck him in and change him.

Manziel is already filthy rich. 

Really? Well that explains a lot. Yeah he's probably grown up feeling entitled. When the wins don't roll in for his team he'll start to implode and feel frustrated. Probably demand a trade. I can see it now.

Yeah his parents are big in the oil business or something. 

He wasn't right about cam newton

Look at Cam's 2nd year....    all the crying...   all the "me, me, me" attention grabbing... 

All the poor performance...  and on and on....    that's what NN's write-up was concerned with.

Fortunately,  Cam grew up this year and pulled his head out of his....  well,  you know...   and became the leader of the team.

Nawrocki didn't say Cam would be a bust...   he said he had cocerns about Newton's maturity and ability to lead and inpsire teammate,  etc...     and Cam showed off serious problems in his 2nd year and at the start of his 3rd year....

Then,  the light went on.....   hey, great for Cam.   If he can stay on this path, I think he'll rival Luck in on field performance.   The guy has serious mad skills....   and once the maturity level matched the raw skill level...  he'd take off...   and he has...

That's all NN was saying....   and it's now been borne out....

What I didn't say in my first post in this thread,  but I said in a later post is that I don't equate NN with Skip Bayless.

Bayless just wants to stir things up and draw attention to himself.    NN is trying to pull back the curtains and give fans a more honest look at scouting evaluations and what they're really like....

Hope that clarifies....

Again,  I'm an HTown fan....   always have been,  always will be....    this doesn't change a thing!    :thmup:

Look at Cam's 2nd year.... all the crying... all the "me, me, me" attention grabbing...

All the poor performance... and on and on.... that's what NN's write-up was concerned with.

Fortunately, Cam grew up this year and pulled his head out of his.... well, you know... and became the leader of the team.

Nawrocki didn't say Cam would be a bust... he said he had cocerns about Newton's maturity and ability to lead and inpsire teammate, etc... and Cam showed off serious problems in his 2nd year and at the start of his 3rd year....

Then, the light went on..... hey, great for Cam. If he can stay on this path, I think he'll rival Luck in on field performance. The guy has serious mad skills.... and once the maturity level matched the raw skill level... he'd take off... and he has...

That's all NN was saying.... and it's now been borne out....

What I didn't say in my first post in this thread, but I said in a later post is that I don't equate NN with Skip Bayless.

Bayless just wants to stir things up and draw attention to himself. NN is trying to pull back the curtains and give fans a more honest look at scouting evaluations and what they're really like....

Hope that clarifies....

Again, I'm an HTown fan.... always have been, always will be.... this doesn't change a thing! :thmup:

They both use sensationalism in their opinions to get their point across.

" Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

"However, he always will test the rules, be difficult to manage and lacks the intangibles to win the trust of a locker room. Will require a very strong-willed, demanding coach to live up to his potential and avoid the trappings of fame and fortune, but even the greatest taskmaster will not be able to keep away the drama that is still swirling from a stained Heisman Trophy and littered recruiting trail that Newton left in the SEC. Can provide an initial spark, but will quickly be dissected and contained by NFL defensive coordinators, struggle to sustain success and will not prove worthy of an early investment. An overhyped, high-risk, high-reward selection with a glaring bust factor, Newton is sure to be drafted more highly than he should and could foreclose a risk-taking GM's job and taint a locker room."

That's not accurate of Cam Newton

They both use sensationalism in their opinions to get their point across.

" Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

"However, he always will test the rules, be difficult to manage and lacks the intangibles to win the trust of a locker room. Will require a very strong-willed, demanding coach to live up to his potential and avoid the trappings of fame and fortune, but even the greatest taskmaster will not be able to keep away the drama that is still swirling from a stained Heisman Trophy and littered recruiting trail that Newton left in the SEC. Can provide an initial spark, but will quickly be dissected and contained by NFL defensive coordinators, struggle to sustain success and will not prove worthy of an early investment. An overhyped, high-risk, high-reward selection with a glaring bust factor, Newton is sure to be drafted more highly than he should and could foreclose a risk-taking GM's job and taint a locker room."

That's not accurate of Cam Newton

Man, Newton must have ran off with that dude's girlfriend or something. Talk about ruthless. 

Man, Newton must have ran off with that dude's girlfriend or something. Talk about ruthless. 

Wow....   that was more brutal than even I remember!

In fact, it was so brutal, for a moment there, I thought it was our poster, JShipp, writing about

Pagano and Grigson!!    :thmup:   

:clap:      :disco:      :lol:    :funny:

First..

Right about Cam Newtown.  

Right about RG3...

Right about Luck...

And I have respect for your posts... but I think you are taking a very distorted view of Nawrocki's evaluations.

Firstly, how can he make such a glaring contradictions by saying Manziel was a 'system-QB' who relies on 'playmaking abilities'. System QB's do not improvise and rely on their ability to make plays... that is pretty much the opposite of a system QB.

Secondly, how can you make a comment like 'Gabe is completely clueless on Nawrocki' when you cannot substantiate that in the slightest? Do you really believe someone of Gabe's standing is going to lie about scouts giving Nawrocki wrong information? Any scout who gives Nawrocki info has an ulterior motive, they information is supposed to be confidential, and any information that is leaked is done so intentionally, making any information Nawrocki gets completely redundant.

He does not interview any of these players, nor does he have the necessary pshyco-evaluatory qualifications necessary to do so. He gets second hand info that lacks real credibility and uses it to rip young football players apart... and he very much does sensationalize.

Basically, I couldn't disagree with you more on this one. Nawrocki is a fraud.

Thanks...   I'm surprised at his comments.   Completely.

By the way,  I should've added this....   there is NOTHING at all that is Skip Bayless-like about Nolan Nawrocki...

He could easily be a scout in the NFL.   As could Kiper.    As could McShay.    As could Mayock.

Others?      Hmmmm......    I'll be polite and say I'm much much less impressed...

He could be a scout because he reports info that other scouts feed him?  Errr.

He could be a scout because he reports info that other scouts feed him?  Errr.

No....  gathering information on players from other sources is only part of what he does.

I think he could scout because I think he's a good judge of talent and he knows what to look for.

He's been doing this for a long time with a great track record to back up his views....

No.... gathering information on players from other sources is only part of what he does.

I think he could scout because I think he's a good judge of talent and he knows what to look for.

He's been doing this for a long time with a great track record to back up his views....

Is that why his site went bankrupt?

Scouts actually interact with the players and physically see them in their environment on campus and on game days. Talk to all his coaches, but somehow he claims to know the players personality inside and out off the football field. Nawrocki has never stepped foot on a college campus to "scout" a player, only thing he does is pick up a phone and hope a scout will give him some juicy information and doesn't care if it's true or not.

Is that why his site went bankrupt?

Scouts actually interact with the players and physically see them in their environment on campus and on game days. Talk to all his coaches, but somehow he claims to know the players personality inside and out off the football field. Nawrocki has never stepped foot on a college campus to "scout" a player, only thing he does is pick up a phone and hope a scout will give him some juicy information and doesn't care if it's true or not.

Come on now....

It wasn't HIS site....   it was the site for Pro Football Weekly....   he was simply a featured columnist on it.

And, as they went out of business last year,  the one thing they kept selling was his scouting books.   Those were the best selling items on it.

Narrocki doesn't do anything that Kiper and McShay and Mayock do....   they gather informaiton.   They try to sift out information the best they can.

If you look closely at the comment from Gabriel,  you'll note that he does not say that Nawrocki is wrong....   the essense of his criticism of Nawrocki is that he makes Gabriel's job harder because his sources might be less likely to share info fearing that he'll leak it out....

Two words.....   oh well.

That goes for every reporter at every newspaper, magazine, website -- you name it -- who does the same thing.   Contact sources and report the information.

One of the more popular draft columns comes from the NFL reporter of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal...  it comes out in April with all sorts of anonymous comments and quotes from GM's and Scouts....   just like what Nawrocki does...

Is some of it smoke-screen -- sure.    But some of it is accurate.

Look at what happened to Nawrockit about his review of Geno Smith....    and then Smith fell to 39th in the draft -- not first or top 5 or top 10 -- and then Smith didn't handle it well...   and didn't have much of a rookie year...    and the criticism of Nawrocki pretty much dried up...

What he writes is what GM's and Scouting Directors read...   that's often what Scouting reports look like....    blunt, brutally honest assessments. 

But fans react badly when they either (A) disagree with it,  or (B) think it's too harsh for public eyes and they feel bad for the player for being exposed or embarrassed.

I'm always happy to read his reviews.....   even when I disagree with them....

By the way.....   here's another person who Colts fan here seem to love....   Greg Cosell.

He writes reviews on players....   but he doesn't go to games...   or colleges....  and I'm not even sure he calls and talks to anyone.

I think he just watches a lot of tape.   Probably most than most do.

No one seems to have a problem with his reviews.....

Now,  I grant you he doesn't write stinging reviews filled with comments on a players personal character....   but he's also grading kids without doing a level of homework that NN does do...

Just some more food for thought....

South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney

Nawrocki's take: Lacks discipline on and off the field and has had to be managed closely since he arrived on campus. Needs to learn what it means to be a pro. Plays in spurts and is too much of a flash player -- does not consistently dominate like he could. Is still immature and finding his way -- too much of a follower.

I haven't seen this kid play a whole lot, but what I have seen shows that he's quite inconsistent. When he's good, he's possibly the best college D lineman I've seen since Emtman. When he's bad, he just disappears.

It seems as though the NFL scouts like the guy, but all seem to be very cautious because of work ethic issues and such. Is the concern unwarranted, or will this kid be a dominate DL?

By the way..... here's another person who Colts fan here seem to love.... Greg Cosell.

He writes reviews on players.... but he doesn't go to games... or colleges.... and I'm not even sure he calls and talks to anyone.

I think he just watches a lot of tape. Probably most than most do.

Now, I grant you he doesn't write stinging reviews filled with comments on a players personal character.... but he's also grading kids without doing a level of homework that NN does do...

I don't even know who that is to be honest with you. But the name "Cosell" sounds familiar with somebody from NFL Films

By the way.....   here's another person who Colts fan here seem to love....   Greg Cosell.

He writes reviews on players....   but he doesn't go to games...   or colleges....  and I'm not even sure he calls and talks to anyone.

I think he just watches a lot of tape.   Probably most than most do.

Now,  I grant you he doesn't write stinging reviews filled with comments on a players personal character....   but he's also grading kids without doing a level of homework that NN does do...

Completely different evaluatory angles. Cosell judges players based on on the field production.

I think your argument here is full of glaring contradictions. You say he would be a good scout because gathering information from real scouts, is just part of what  he does.  But then you suggest has evaluations are only as good as the information given to him from his sources, just like any other journalist. Where does his judging and evaluatory skills come into play here? He does not specialize in on-field evaluation after all (his 'game-manager' comment about Manzeil was testiment to that)...

Also, I don't see how you draw such conclusions from Gabe's argument. Why would any scout give him information without an ulterior motive... the info that scout possesses is meant to be for his team alone and should be treated with the utmost confidentiality, otherwise it defeats the purpose. With that in mind, all the information Nawrocki receives lacks credibility. Plus Gabe is a journalist now, only his information is first-hand, using his own evaluations, that cannot be said for Nawrocki.

You say he hits on more than he misses? It really is not that hard, he talks about reknowned high-character guys and slaps generic high-character buzz-lines in their profile, and guys with character-issues get the opposite. I could probably hit with the same success rate without any insider info.

I don't even know who that is to be honest with you. But the name "Cosell" sounds familiar with somebody from NFL Films

Yes....   top producer for NFL Films...

Often writes up stories on websites with his evaluation of college players....   very sharp guy.

He produces the shows on ESPN with Jaws and Hodge where they break down film...

Completely different evaluatory angles. Cosell judges players based on on the field production.

I think your argument here is full of glaring contradictions. You say he would be a good scout because gathering information from real scouts, is just part of what  he does.  But then you suggest has evaluations are only as good as the information given to him from his sources, just like any other journalist. Where does his judging and evaluatory skills come into play here? He does not specialize in on-field evaluation after all (his 'game-manager' comment about Manzeil was testiment to that)...

Also, I don't see how you draw such conclusions from Gabe's argument. Why would any scout give him information without an ulterior motive... the info that scout possesses is meant to be for his team alone and should be treated with the utmost confidentiality, otherwise it defeats the purpose. With that in mind, all the information Nawrocki receives lacks credibility. Plus Gabe is a journalist now, only his information is first-hand, using his own evaluations, that cannot be said for Nawrocki.

You say he hits on more than he misses? It really is not that hard, he talks about reknowned high-character guys and slaps generic high-character buzz-lines in their profile, and guys with character-issues get the opposite. I could probably hit with the same success rate without any insider info.

Anton....

NN's books that I've bought in the past have write-ups on hundreds and hundreds of players.   The stuff that reaches the internet is for the high profile players.  

The contradictions you see in my posts are perhaps due to my inability to compress my argument into something that isn't too long.    I typically write some of the longer posts here and I'm senstive in not writing too long.   So, in my compressed arguments perhaps I'm not expressing myself as clearly as I need to.

Again....   look at Gabriel's quotes that started this thread.   He does not say that NN is wrong.   The closest he says to that is that his reports are incomplete and do not give the full picture.   That's it.    His biggest complaints about NN are that Nawrockie's work makes GG's job harder.    He doesn't like that.  

NN watches tape.   Part of his evaluation is from watching tape.   He also talks to sources to get personal information on players.

I don't know the "game manager" quote....   I do know you objected to the reference of he works in a system offense and he makes plays on his own and that you felt that those two were incompatible.    I don't think they are.    The system is a spread.  It's run in college,  but not so much in the pros, and certainly not as a base offense.    There's the system.    His ability to adlib out of that is obvioius.    So, you can be a system quarterback AND be someone who succeeds in part to your ability to adlib.

I don't think I've touched on all your concerns....   but a fair number of them....

Anton....

NN's books that I've bought in the past have write-ups on hundreds and hundreds of players.   The stuff that reaches the internet is for the high profile players.  

The contradictions you see in my posts are perhaps due to my inability to compress my argument into something that isn't too long.    I typically write some of the longer posts here and I'm senstive in not writing too long.   So, in my compressed arguments perhaps I'm not expressing myself as clearly as I need to.

Again....   look at Gabriel's quotes that started this thread.   He does not say that NN is wrong.   The closest he says to that is that his reports are incomplete and do not give the full picture.   That's it.    His biggest complaints about NN are that Nawrockie's work makes GG's job harder.    He doesn't like that.  

NN watches tape.   Part of his evaluation is from watching tape.   He also talks to sources to get personal information on players.

I don't know the "game manager" quote....   I do know you objected to the reference of he works in a system offense and he makes plays on his own and that you felt that those two were incompatible.    I don't think they are.    The system is a spread.  It's run in college,  but not so much in the pros, and certainly not as a base offense.    There's the system.    His ability to adlib out of that is obvioius.    So, you can be a system quarterback AND be someone who succeeds in part to your ability to adlib.

I don't think I've touched on all your concerns....   but a fair number of them....

Apologies, I wrote that in a hurry, I of course meant his 'system QB' quote. I don't see how the two can be used in conjunction. A system QB is typically one who fits into a system due to his limited skill-set, the system maximizes that skill-set and masks defincies in said skill-set. A QB who consistently improvizes when the system breaks down, and does so using an array of skills, is not dependant on that system to succeed. Anyone who calls Manziel a system QB is completely ignorant as to the terms intended usage. Bear in mind that very few college QB's play in a traditional pro offense, it is the ones who are clearly reliant on their system that are dubbed 'system QBs'.

And to your other points... I believe we just completely disagree about Nawrocki and neither of us will change our mind. I have little respect for his evaluations, for the reasons stated above.