Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Emmanuel Sanders

your underselling how good he is, At this point in his career he is way better then anything we have....or have had since Colts came to Indy.....Way better, way smarter at the position to....Colts only had 2 less sacks then Seattle did all year 

This doesn't mean anything.

Seattle had the best pass rush in the NFL. 

Ok.. Brandon Browner was a undrafted player who had to go to the CFL. ... he was a journeyman.

He lands in Seattle and he is an All Pro level talent. He gets suspended and there is NO drop of in play from the position. That pass rush only has to bring 4 to get heat on a QB and that is HUGE.

Chancellor and Thomas are heart and soul of the backfield. They drop the hammer. He can be super aggressive because he has the 2 best S's in the NFL backing him. And the best pass rush.

Sherman is a very good player, but there is a very good reason he is "as good as he is" V Davis has to cover a WR for 5+ seconds? Sherm has to hold for 3 or less on most plays. Believe me that is a big difference.

TY showed you first hand what happens when the rush does not get to the QB. hehehe :td:

TY only had one first down catch of like 12 yards and a blown coverage TD against Sherman where he played the underneath coverage. He had 2 catches on Sherman and a 8-10 yard pass interference call. Besides the blown coverage I'll take that from my CB every week.

If we do draft a WR, and Jordan Mathews is gone by our pick, Donte Moncrief in the 3rd would be the best option. I think he's going to be a stud. Reminds me of Keenan Allen.

I like Moncrief, but that's too high given our limited picks. I'd be okay trading up into the 4th to get him though. And I'll take whatever FA WR comes cheapest. It's not a high priority, but more of a luxury. Rodgers showed potential against the 2 teams with good defenses (Cincy and Kansas City). He should have a starting job.

Considering I'm hoping the Colts spend their 2/3/5 on defense,  I'm fine with signing a mid-level quality professinal WR.

Sanders would be fine.    Don't understand objections to him beyond a poster preferring someone else.

Poster John Dee has another good solid name.   James Jones with the Packers.    Another solid quality guy.

If Philly can't keep both Maclin and/or Cooper, I'd be fine with them.   

All I'm looking for is a solid dependable guy.    Not the guy to replace Reggie Wayne.    But another dependable weapon for Andrew.

The guy to replace Wayne can come in 2015.

If we don't pick up Sanders I think the guy with the most potential to impact right away would be Moncrief.  I like everything I've seen of him.  I don't like Alen Roinson as he seems too much like Rogers which isn't bad but why pick two of the same type of player. In other words I think we already have a Robinson on the roster.

If we don't pick up Sanders I think the guy with the most potential to impact right away would be Moncrief.  I like everything I've seen of him.  I don't like Alen Roinson as he seems too much like Rogers which isn't bad but why pick two of the same type of player. In other words I think we already have a Robinson on the roster.

That's actually a good assessment on Robinson. But the thing about Moncrief is that he's not the greatest route runner. But I'd take Jordan Matthews over all of them. But whatever receiver we get needs to be at least 6'3". We have enough under-sized receivers.

That's actually a good assessment on Robinson. But the thing about Moncrief is that he's not the greatest route runner. But I'd take Jordan Matthews over all of them. But whatever receiver we get needs to be at least 6'3". We have enough under-sized receivers.

I haven't really sat down just yet and watched much of Matthews so I will comment on that later.  Moncrief to me has a lot of ball skills and seems to be a very fluid run after the catch guy and a deep threat.  He can be taught to be more crisp and precise in his route running when he hits the league. Randy Moss wasn't good at the routes except for the 9 route when he hit the league but he certainly made an immediate impact for the Vikings.  I'm not saying Moncrief is Moss, but I am saying I think he can make a good impact very soon.