Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Team is set at WR, right?

1yrdandacloudofdust

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at the end of the day you want playmakers, whether they are wr's, Linebackers, Safeties, D Linemen, Regardless of where they come from, regardless of sexual orientation. I think the idea should be to go for playmakers and not sticking to a rigid scheme or skill set that can often severly limit you in the draft, A coach to me is not defined solely on wins and losses or championships BUT ALSO what he does with the talent that he has, Your not always going have a player on your team or even starting lineup that fits that coaches scheme so he has to be flexible enough to put said player in a position where he will be most affective

I think at the end of the day you want playmakers, whether they are wr's, Linebackers, Safeties, D Linemen, Regardless of where they come from, regardless of sexual orientation. I think the idea should be to go for playmakers and not sticking to a rigid scheme or skill set that can often severly limit you in the draft, A coach to me is not defined solely on wins and losses or championships BUT ALSO what he does with the talent that he has, Your not always going have a player on your team or even starting lineup that fits that coaches scheme so he has to be flexible enough to put said player in a position where he will be most affective

Great post, Gavin! Likewise, I'd say coaches also shouldn't draft or sign players to counter other players in the division. For instance, we shouldn't just sign players because we have good running backs in our division. We should get players that are able to be more than one-trick ponies. I don't just want us poised to win our division. I want us to win it all. If that means getting Andrew Luck a playmaker, fine. If it means giving the defense someone besides Mathis to rush passers, fine

Yes there is a need for a WR but not a pressing need. Depth is needed at every position and WR is one of the front runners in need of some depth added. I feel that Brazill and Whalen are backups at best and I don't agree with most opinions that they are proven. We need to remember Luck can make an average WR look great. We need to stop bringing in replacement players at WR and bring in someone who has real talent that can learn from Reggie before he retires. I think we should take a lesson from this past season and not put ourself back in the same situation in 2014. For instance god forbed if TY goes down then what, no one else can duplicate what TY can do and Reggie wouldn't be the same without TY. 

I think we should go after Golden Tate just to have another solid receiver. I would hate to see Reggie re-injure himself or Griff/Brazill/Rogers not perform too well. I may be the only one to think about this but I just don't see those 3 being good enough to be out on the field for every play. Give them more time, yeah maybe, but maybe with another solid receiver in there as well. Then dump money into fixing the O-line and D-line.