Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watching the 2006 Play-Offs

Callie

I just put in my set of 2006 Play-Off Dvd's and it feels so great to re-live all of it!

The Dome was LOUD!

The TV Quality is nothing compared to what it is today. Feels like I'm watching a Broadcast from the 90's.

Love seeing some of the old faces from the team, and the few that are still around!

I just put in my set of 2006 Play-Off Dvd's and it feels so great to re-live all of it!

The Dome was LOUD!

The TV Quality is nothing compared to what it is today. Feels like I'm watching a Broadcast from the 90's.

Love seeing some of the old faces from the team, and the few that are still around!

Four players (Mathis, Wayne, Bethea, Vinatieri), one coach (Christensen), right? Who did I miss?

I have the DVD that was sold after the Super Bowl win.  It may be the same disc the OP is talking about.   I love seeing the blond's reaction to the Pats kickoff return that got them right back after we had tied it up in the AFCG.  She mouthed a very foul word.  I still laugh thinking of the video producer that was able to slip that in past his editors.

The Dome got loud but I was at the KC playoff game this year and LOS can get extremely loud as well.  I can't compare it to the playoff games in 2006 but man did LOS rock from the time Luck hit TY for the lead to the end of the game.

I actually thought the Denver game was a lot louder than this year's KC playoff game at LOS.  That Denver game seemed to get up to the old RCA Dome volume levels - and it was basically on every play, too.  The KC game had a couple relatively quiet quarters while we were getting thrashed.

Hard to blame them. Recently 375 had happened and 3rd and 15 was an obvious running down.

They didn't earn a first down until late in the third quarter. Six three and outs. Gotta try something else. I'm glad they didn't, but I always had the impression that they were too stubborn with the run in that game.

They didn't earn a first down until late in the third quarter. Six three and outs. Gotta try something else. I'm glad they didn't, but I always had the impression that they were too stubborn with the run in that game.

True.  I thought we were in for more of the same that game.  Just glad we corrected it like Dungy told us we would all season!

The Dome was LOUD!

I do admire fans that put in Colts DVD sets from previous seasons & reminisce about the RCA Dome days. Very cool Callie! Nice to see you posting again too. Welcome back!  :thmup:

Its funny this topic is brought up because I put these DVD's on about 3 weeks ago.  My 17 month old son and I sat down each night and watched the games.  Yes he does actually sit and watch them.  He can get up to a half before he gets restless lol but nonetheless we watched the AFC championship game and I still get chills and teary eyed when Marlin picks off Brady.  Heck I hear Lamey screaming, MARLIN'S GOT IT! MARLIN'S GOT IT! WERE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!

Its funny this topic is brought up because I put these DVD's on about 3 weeks ago.  My 17 month old son and I sat down each night and watched the games.  Yes he does actually sit and watch them.  He can get up to a half before he gets restless lol but nonetheless we watched the AFC championship game and I still get chills and teary eyed when Marlin picks off Brady.  Heck I hear Lamey screaming, MARLIN'S GOT IT! MARLIN'S GOT IT! WERE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!

i get goosebumps everytime i hear that commentary as well

My wife bought me this dvd set as well and altho it is great to have it and ive rewatched the pats game 20 times, the quality is really bad compared to todays amazing HD

That is exactly my feelings. At the time, it felt like great quality, now its eh.

I plan on watching the final three quarters of the New England game tonight.

Also, I realized tonight that I need to visit Hawaii during the Pro Bowl. The vacation club we own is literally next door to the players hotel and shares a beach. ;)  I love people watching!