Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we learn something from the Ravens win against Pats?

bap1331

Yeah, I hope Collie can contribute. He looked good in the Saints game so I know he can make some plays out there.

Def. need big games from Endelman and Amendola and the run game. I hope the Pats have some answer for Hilton and Mathis.

I respect Amendola too, but he doesn't make me nervous like Edelman does. He's smart, small, sly, & oh so sneaky. He's so easy to lose track of & them boom he scores a TD. LOL! 

Thanks for the complement about Hilton & Mathis amfootball. I appreciate that. God, I love Colts/Pats games! They are always legendary & live up to their superstar marquee billing.  :worthy:

It's really an honor to have Reggie Wayne and Deion Branch teach our young recievers. They're all only 2nd year players.

Yup, 2 intensely focused WRs right there who always put the hard work & know precisely what flawless Championship football requires. Fantastic mentors on & off the field bap1331. 

Bummer about Reggie this season. I have always liked him a lot. I was happy he called out Ray Lewis last year for dancing after the last snap of the O.

This is why I like you among many reasons amfootball. You give props to talented NFL players whether they reside on your favorite squad or not. Bravo my friend! 

watch out when brady slides

brady_crop_north.png?w=340&h=234&q=75

I don't believe this move was intentional. Not like Suh in Detroit kicking Texans QB Matt Schuab in the groin. That was malicious & a dirty play IMO. Brady is a good guy. Strange stuff happens when you scramble & slide on the move in a live game situation. 

I will admit that SW1 did chuckle at this post CR91. Well played sir! Well played.  :P

Caption on that picture should reads as follows: 

Reporter to Ed Reed: "Ed are you okay?" In a high pitched false seto voice. "I will be in a half hour hopefully."

Just kidding! Yes, I know Ed wasn't hit there, but it looks like it at 1st glace though. 

I don't believe this move was intentional. Not like Suh in Detroit kicking Texans QB Matt Schuab in the groin. That was malicious & a dirty play IMO. Brady is a good guy. Strange stuff happens when you scramble & slide on the move in a live game situation. 

I will admit that SW1 did chuckle at this post CR91. Well played sir! Well played.  :P

it was for entertainment purposes. glad you liked it

I know it's different every year but what did the Ravens do to shut down the Pats last year. It was like they mind controlled Brady in the second half he couldn't do anything. It was really unusual.

Can we learn anything like that and use it against them?

No.  For the same reason the Pats cant look at the 2012 Colts game for much in preparing for this game because they are completely different teams.  The Pats are a much weaker team than in the past and especially last year the Colts are improved considerably.  That said Tom Brady has the "it factor" and wins games even when the team plays poorly.  I think the Colts will win but I couldn't even begin to predict the final score. 

Okay I will predict the Colts D comes out strong and they win 27-10.

It is a great thing to be going to N.E. this week.BB will have them ready to play with a good plan to beat us. We just have to play our game just a bit better. It's going to be a grinder out there and we can't afford to have our defense out there for over 38 minutes again. Good balance, no TO and we'll be fine on a Vinateri FG to win it.

It is a great thing to be going to N.E. this week.BB will have them ready to play with a good plan to beat us. We just have to play our game just a bit better. It's going to be a grinder out there and we can't afford to have our defense out there for over 38 minutes again. Good balance, no TO and we'll be fine on a Vinateri FG to win it.

I like your vision steveoaktree33. Let's see if you are a prophet if a few days.  Works for me.  :thmup:

The 2012 Ravens were actually 2-0 against the Patriots including a 31-30 regular season in Baltimore. That being said, these are two different Ravens teams. This years team was so bad offensively , it eventually wore down the defense resulting in giving up 41 and 34 points in the last two games. Not much to learn from last year.

Your sarcastic in your humor just like mine. I knew there was a reason I found you hilarious man. You push the envelope just like me or rather take it right up to the edge & stop.  :P

Gotta shake it up once and awhile

What you learn is like Rex Ryan, you don't go there to kiss their rings ;) .

Like the Ravens and Jets, you don't stand in awe of Brady and Belichick, punch them in the mouth for 60 minutes, keep the game close till the end and pull one out.

This.

Our D also gets trashed a lot by the media I think......same with the run game. But, we have SEEN this team play tough physical football this year too when needed. I wouldn't count them out......