Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets give credit to the O-line

BlueCollarColts

Everyone was hating on Pagano for starting McGlynn and Satele pre-game, and they went out and performed. Thornton recently has been playing great and is looking like a very good player as a rookie. Credit is due here, gave Luck time and opened up running lanes! Way to go boys!  :clap:

Shouts go out to Castonzo. GREAT pass protection, GREAT run blocking

Everyone was hating on Pagano for starting McGlynn and Satele pre-game, and they went out and performed. Thornton recently has been playing great and is looking like a very good player as a rookie. Credit is due here, gave Luck time and opened up running lanes! Way to go boys!  :clap:

Like your enthusiasm, but the bolded/underlined above is not true. Some of us have supported the coaches decisions every step of the way.

Ok, I'll change it to some people ;)

Or "nearly all".

I really like the idea that this coaching staff may have very well said, "You give it up for the team.....do all that we ask, and we will back you all season".....and then do just that, solidifying the strength of their word.

I see changes in the offseason, but for now, we are dancin with those who brung us ;)

I don't agree that the props should be given to the O-Line... but rather the adjustment of Luck and Pep in playing to mask the weakness of the O-line.  Notice the run was used more as a decoy and timing patterns with 1-3 step drops.  We took our strength and the weakness of our line and amplified one and diminished the other.  Brilliant plan if anything.

I'm of course in the minority (even if this was one of the greatest games I've ever watched) I'm not sold on Pagano.  He repeatedly shows the unwillingness to change or the incompetence to change (whichever you think) personnel and his choice of putting Richardson BACK in the game even after that costly mistake still keeps me flabbergasted no matter the result.  At some point you have to have accountability.  Either way though the TEAM played amazing and the Offensive gameplan was great.  The execution not so much until the latter part of the game :-).  The D left quite a bit to be desired early but man did they show up to play late.  They literally refused to let them score.  It was awesome to watch Mathis put that D on his back and change the game like he did.  Anyways ramble off :)

Hopefully this convinces them to put Reitz in next game.

It won't. We need to figure out which dunce of a coach it is that is damn insistent on starting both McGlynn and Satele, and get rid of them. I fear the "McTele" era is gonna enter season 3 next year. They've got friends in high places within the Colts organization, obviously

I don't agree that the props should be given to the O-Line... but rather the adjustment of Luck and Pep in playing to mask the weakness of the O-line.  Notice the run was used more as a decoy and timing patterns with 1-3 step drops.  We took our strength and the weakness of our line and amplified one and diminished the other.  Brilliant plan if anything.

I'm of course in the minority (even if this was one of the greatest games I've ever watched) I'm not sold on Pagano.  He repeatedly shows the unwillingness to change or the incompetence to change (whichever you think) personnel and his choice of putting Richardson BACK in the game even after that costly mistake still keeps me flabbergasted no matter the result.  At some point you have to have accountability.  Either way though the TEAM played amazing and the Offensive gameplan was great.  The execution not so much until the latter part of the game :-).  The D left quite a bit to be desired early but man did they show up to play late.  They literally refused to let them score.  It was awesome to watch Mathis put that D on his back and change the game like he did.  Anyways ramble off :)

He has to put Trent back in the game. He is still part of our team and if every player hasn't made a mistake at some point then they're lying to themselves. It ticked me off, too, but we need EVERYONE together to win. T-Rich has been running for his life just trying to get to the line of scrimmage, let alone through a hole. I'm sure that in the locker room, the team supports him as well. That's why our team is what it is. McGlynn at center makes a much better run game. Satele won't be starting at center next year in my opinion but we have what we have until then. Reitz (If I'm not mistaken) was not available for the Chiefs' game so putting McGlynn may not have been an option..