Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Berry

oldunclemark

The 7-million dollar strong safety man is the key to the KC's defense..

he likes to cheat up..play linebacker and blow up run plays..fake blitzes and cover the TE

Blitz late and spy the QB..he's a wild man out there..4 sacks,, 3 picks,, ,2 TDs

You have to fool him.....play action.....odd down calls..so he'll take himself out of position...

..He is a high risk, high reward guy...who took himself out of the play on DB run TD..

Others get a lot of talk.but he's the key to everything. it would seem.

he likes to cheat up..play linebacker and blow up run plays..fake blitzes and cover the TE

Blitz late and spy the QB..he's a wild man out there..4 sacks,, 3 picks,, ,2 TDs

You have to fool him.....play action.....odd down calls..so he'll take himself out of position...

Others get a lot of talk.but he's the key to everything. it would seem.

You just described Jerrell Freeman 

Jerrell+Freeman+Miami+Dolphins+v+Indiana

I think they have to keep someone over the top, or else Hilton will get behind them. Everyone has seen the Seahawks and Texans film.

If Hilton runs flat out to get behind them that would allow Fleener into the zone with no one around him. A few big plays like that and Andrew just has to pump-fake towards Fleener to get Berry to bite. TY gets another 40+ yard TD. :D

*Shrugs*

Eh, their defense isn't touching us. Don't have the CB's to go blow for blow with our WR's. Sean Smith doesn't wanna see Ty Hilton again. He's still having nightmares from last season when we played the Dolphins

Hali doesn't want any piece of Constanzo either. Defensive player of the year? haha can't be serious

*Shrugs*

Eh, their defense isn't touching us. Don't have the CB's to go blow for blow with our WR's. Sean Smith doesn't wanna see Ty Hilton again. He's still having nightmares from last season when we played the Dolphins

Hali doesn't want any piece of Constanzo either. Defensive player of the year? haha can't be serious

I'm wondering if the reason we featured Hilton so much last week was to open up the other receivers this week.  KC already knows he's a dynamic playmaker.  Maybe Pep wanted to underscore that fact.  Possibly making it easier to get the ball to Rogers and Griff this week.

Just a thought.

I'm wondering if the reason we featured Hilton so much last week was to open up the other receivers this week. KC already knows he's a dynamic playmaker. Maybe Pep wanted to underscore that fact. Possibly making it easier to get the ball to Rogers and Griff this week.

Just a thought.

After round 1, I think Kansas City will be using 3-5 guys to bring down the Griffer haha

Yac round 1 was Griff Whalen's strong point

I'm wondering if the reason we featured Hilton so much last week was to open up the other receivers this week.  KC already knows he's a dynamic playmaker.  Maybe Pep wanted to underscore that fact.  Possibly making it easier to get the ball to Rogers and Griff this week.

Just a thought.

it seems its always easy getting griff the ball. the kid has good hands and the ability to get those extra yardage. next year with wayne back our receivers are gonna be deadly if they stay healthy

I'd like the pass play to Fleener that we ran against the Texans to be used on the first drive. Jumbo package stacked to the right, fleener on the right side of the formation, Luck fakes a handoff power run to the right and then boots right, Fleener fakes a bad block and then runs a shallow cross back to the left, Luck plants and throws back to the left to Fleener.Fleener went for 40 yds against the Texans.

We are going to have to take some shots down the field with T.Y.Hilton to stay aggressive, IMO. So, hopefully the OL gives Luck the time to do so.

Once you try to play ball control and try to dink and dunk, the Chiefs are just too smart to let us do that for an entire ball game.

We are going to have to take some shots down the field with T.Y.Hilton to stay aggressive, IMO. So, hopefully the OL gives Luck the time to do so.

Once you try to play ball control and try to dink and dunk, the Chiefs are just too smart to let us do that for an entire ball game.

They can play with 5 defensive backs a lot because Berry is the 5th one and he can slide up and back..

....he'll be on Cody Fleener a lot but he will charge up to bop the backs, too..

..There';s a lot of Troy Polamalu in him

Smith was hurt last week. I'm not sure if he's back. I think Parker also had an issue.

If Berry has to play a little more cautious to help out on coverage, he won't be as effective.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/injury-report.html

Looks like Smih is OK as Hali and Fisher are the only question marks on the Chiefs injury report. Smith isn't on there at all.