Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Positive from the loss

Valpo2004

Honestly I've never taken so much positive from a losing week.

First the Titans lost to the Broncos so we are the first team to clinch their division and we also clinched a spot in the playoffs.

Secondly in the 2nd half our offense showed a pulse against a really good defense.  That's something we havn't seen since Reggie Wayne got hurt.  Let's put it this way, I have Cincy defense on Fantasy.  No one has ever made them score negative points prior to the Colts.  And only one other team has managed to play an entire game against them without giving up a sack.  

And only 2 other teams have managed to do it without turning the ball over.

DaRick Rodgers showed some promise as a guy who might be a starter from now on.

The only reason we lost was because our defense gave up a lot of points in the 2nd half and just couldn't step up and get the stop when we needed them to.  

That means we need to work on our defense.  It's not like that's something we didn't know already.

Honestly I've never taken so much positive from a losing week.

First the Titans lost to the Broncos so we are the first team to clinch their division and we also clinched a spot in the playoffs.

Secondly in the 2nd half our offense showed a pulse against a really good defense.  That's something we havn't seen since Reggie Wayne got hurt.  Let's put it this way, I have Cincy defense on Fantasy.  No one has ever made them score negative points prior to the Colts.  And only one other team has managed to play an entire game against them without giving up a sack.  

And only 2 other teams have managed to do it without turning the ball over.

DaRick Rodgers showed some promise as a guy who might be a starter from now on.

The only reason we lost was because our defense gave up a lot of points in the 2nd half and just couldn't step up and get the stop when we needed them to.  

That means we need to work on our defense.  It's not like that's something we didn't know already.

I agree I wasn't nearly as upset when we lost as I normally am. I was upset but I saw that Rogers and Brazill could produce in this offense and that really took away a lot of the sting of it.  The only thing that made me mad about this game was the TD where Chapman tripped up the RB and the call was reversed. Now that I admit I yelled, cussed and pounded a couple beers, but the how the offense looked on the day after looking so BAD for awhile really helped me feel better about the loss. It also didn't hurt that a little later we were the AFC South Champs. Running game could have been better but still good day on offense.

Zero run game is also inexcusable when you consider how much wind the coaching staff gives to this mythical power run game and punching people in the mouth... Our run game is as dangerous as a box full of kittens at this point.

we got good yrds with short passes to the rbs, that is as good as runs, it means the rbs were productive