Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Gronkowski torn ACL, MCL, out for season

GoColts8818

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al Davis is dead

The Palmer acquisition deal happened after he died. They gave up two first rounders for him and then he was gone two years later. (It might have been one year, actually) Not to mention they're still terrible. (4-9)

On a side note, Arizona is doing pretty well with Palmer. Good for him.

The Palmer acquisition deal happened after he died. They gave up two first rounders for him and then he was gone two years later. (It might have been one year, actually) Not to mention they're still terrible. (4-9)

On a side note, Arizona is doing pretty well with Palmer. Good for him.

That was just after Al Davis died and Reggie McKenzie took over. I think it was Hue Jackson who pulled the strings on that trade....and he was promptly fired when McKenzie took over.

I hope you're not a Patriots fan.  If you are then you're the type that really gives Pats fans a bad name by always making excuses.

Patriots had Wilfork and Mayo during the 2011 super bowl.  Wilfork was shut down by the Giants offensive line for most that game and Mayo didn't do good.

Every team in the NFL has to deal with injuries.  Injuries are no excuses.

In both the Super Bowls the Patriots lost to the Giants they were outplayed by a more physical emotional team with a better defense.  Patriots' D couldn't get off the field in those games.  Patriots are just not a good balanced team.  They aren't built for the post season and haven't won a Super Bowl since 2004, 9 years.  Pats lost their way during the 2007 season when they became a finesse offensive team.

Whoa dude. No way. The Patriots lost those super bowls because they didn't execute on a play or two not because they were outplayed. Helmet catch anyone? Give me a break. Both games could have gone either way.

The D couldn't get off the field? How about the offense not scoring in the last 26:20 of the game? The Patriots are not a good balanced team? Who is? The Seahawks? What have they won?

The Patriots haven't won a super bowl in 9 years. So what? 14 teams have never won one. 4 teams have never even been to one. 3 super bowl wins aren't enough for you?

Rant over. Nice to meet you.

Whoa dude. No way. The Patriots lost those super bowls because they didn't execute on a play or two not because they were outplayed. Helmet catch anyone? Give me a break. Both games could have gone either way.

The D couldn't get off the field? How about the offense not scoring in the last 26:20 of the game? The Patriots are not a good balanced team? Who is? The Seahawks? What have they won?

The Patriots haven't won a super bowl in 9 years. So what? 14 teams have never won one. 4 teams have never even been to one. 3 super bowl wins aren't enough for you?

Nice job voicing your objections to Pats fan's post in a diplomatic fashion FE. Guys like you crawl through a field overflowing with underground land mines & walk away unscathed. You last 2 lines carry some serious teeth & made me LOL. I want you in a court room as my legal representative if I find my caboose in a sling man. A genuine complement not a vicious criticism BTW. Well done.

SW1 always gives praise when that praise has been earned via a compelling argument. I'm usually a model citizen too unless I blow my top & if that rare occasion happens just back up very, very quickly.  haha

A number of people on here may find glee in another NE setback. Me? I look forward to BB & company still chugging along. That's why I respect NE as a rival so much...Gronk gone, Mayo gone, Wilfork gone & you are still winning games...Jesus, that's impressive. I don't know how you do it, but the Patriots are never really done until another squad smashes their Playoff dreams & even when that happens the other side feels like a SB grudge match as already been played. How you beat the Browns yesterday stuns me because Cleveland was sacking Brady all day & somehow you still won. Gotta give it up to your team man. 

That last pass interference call though was a bit suspect though. I gotta be honest. I have no idea what the hades that zebra saw to give Amendola a fresh set of downs...Whatever...The only thing I can figure is that the football gods felt bad about Gronk's pass interference call that wasn't made a week earlier. Yes, NE won. I accept that. 

Nice job voicing your objections to Pats fan's post in a diplomatic fashion FE. Guys like you crawl through a field overflowing with underground land mines & walk away unscathed. You last 2 lines carry some serious teeth & made me LOL. I want you in a court room as my legal representative if I find my caboose in a sling man. A genuine complement not a vicious criticism BTW. Well done.

SW1 always gives praise when that praise has been earned via a compelling argument. I'm usually a model citizen too unless I blow my top & if that rare occasion happens just back up very, very quickly.  haha

A number of people on here may find glee in another NE setback. Me? I look forward to BB & company still chugging along. That's why I respect NE as a rival so much...Gronk gone, Mayo gone, Wilfork gone & you are still winning games...Jesus, that's impressive. I don't know how you do it, but the Patriots are never really done until another squad smashes their Playoff dreams & even when that happens the other side feels like a SB grudge match as already been played. How you beat the Browns yesterday stuns me because Cleveland was sacking Brady all day & somehow you still won. Gotta give it up to your team man. 

That last pass interference call though was a bit suspect though. I gotta be honest. I have no idea what the hades that zebra saw to give Amendola a fresh set of downs...Whatever...The only thing I can figure is that the football gods felt bad about Gronk's pass interference call that wasn't made a week earlier. Yes, NE won. I accept that. 

It's been frustrating at times because of all the injuries but they keep winning so why be frustrated? It's a strange feeling.

The way I see it on the pass interference call is that it almost benefited the Browns because the Patriots scored too quick, giving the Browns enough time to get into field goal range. Brady was going to score anyway. There was no stopping him.

No wonder so many people dislike Patriots fans and don't respect us, because of homers like you who don't admit when your team gets out played and beat fair and square.  Yes the "helmet catch" as David Tyree out played Rodney Harrison on that play.  The Patriots rushed 7 guys and Eli picked it up right away and threw to a wide open Plaxico for the game winning TD.  According to your logic the only reason why the Rams lost in 2001 was Kurt made a mistake and fumbled the ball, the Rams weren't out played.

"The D couldn't get off the field? How about the offense not scoring in the last 26:20 of the game? The Patriots are not a good balanced team? Who is? The Seahawks? What have they won?"

Thanks for proving my point.  So not only can't the Pats' defense get off the field and make stops their offense can't score in the last 26:20 of a game.  So when your offense can't score it's up to your defense to make stops, but they can't.  A great example of how screwed up the Patriots are on how they try to manage and run a defense is during the AFC title game last season against the Ravens when Aquib Talib gets injured the Ravens completely owned the Pats after that.  For one guy to leave the game and for the other team to completely dominate your defense is a fundamentally flawed defense.  They had no one else in the secondary to pick up the slack.

"The Patriots haven't won a super bowl in 9 years. So what? 14 teams have never won one. 4 teams have never even been to one. 3 super bowl wins aren't enough for you?"

You hold the Patriots in such high regard and have high standards for them but you need to rely on un-successful teams that haven't been good over the years to make the Patriots look better.

Man you impressed me for a pats fan.

You should mentor AMF, taplook and JerodMayo

It's been frustrating at times because of all the injuries but they keep winning so why be frustrated? It's a strange feeling.

The way I see it on the pass interference call is that it almost benefited the Browns because the Patriots scored too quick, giving the Browns enough time to get into field goal range. Brady was going to score anyway. There was no stopping him.

I like you FE. You are honest, fair, & funny man. It would be cool to go to game with you, Gopats, Yehoodi, VL, amfootball, Pats16No, & Dynasty13. I respect your viewpoints & the remarkable consistency of your organization from the top down. 

What I want the most is a renewed rivalry among NE & INDY. God, I want that so bad. We just aren't quite SB contenders yet. Favorite collision course:Packers/Bears? Steelers/Ravens? Skins/Cowboys? Niners/SeaHawks? Nah...Give me the militia man vs blue horseshoe everytime...

I wasn't that miffed about the PI call. I just didn't think it warranted a yellow flag that's all. Let em play ball man. Come on. The Browns are a tough club now no more laughing stock & I am glad to see that. NE deserves credit for pulling that hard fought game out. Darn Brady is good! Rival or not that cat can play year in year out with reshuffled/new pieces.  ;)

Good analysis on "Post-Gronk Pats, Era II."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000296367/article/rob-gronkowskis-injury-doesnt-bury-wily-new-england-patriots

I think they obviously are taking a step back, but I also don't think it's going to be as rough as it was for the first six weeks of the season. Vereen is a huge x-factor, and Amendola is relatively healthy (for now). 

I'm kind of excited about Josh Boyce too. Hasn't done much yet but he's been more involved and seems to be picking up the offense with Thompkins and Dobson out the past couple of weeks. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000296367/article/rob-gronkowskis-injury-doesnt-bury-wily-new-england-patriots

I think they obviously are taking a step back, but I also don't think it's going to be as rough as it was for the first six weeks of the season. Vereen is a huge x-factor, and Amendola is relatively healthy (for now). 

I'm kind of excited about Josh Boyce too. Hasn't done much yet but he's been more involved and seems to be picking up the offense with Thompkins and Dobson out the past couple of weeks. 

Nice reading. Thanks for posting GP.

When Gronk came back while that was great I was afraid Brady would look to him too much. I have faith in the rookies learning. Now Brady will be forced to go to them.

Man you impressed me for a pats fan.

You should mentor AMF, taplook and JerodMayo

What? I couldn't agree with him more and have said pretty much the same thing many times. There's absolutely no shame for the Patriots having been to 5 SB's in 12 years. What team and fan wouldn't trade for that?

I have been saying for this three years now but the Pats should have never veered away from what was working in 2007-2009. Having an offense predicated on the TE and slot was too predictable and easy to defend the middle of the field. A balanced attack with WRs who are a threat down the field, a solid slot guy or in the Pats case two with Endleman and Amendola and a stout run game combined with one of the best all purpose backs in Vareen should be plenty of O. Why they have struggled so much the first halves of games is a real head scratcher to be honest but going forward I like the idea of Brady relying on the big WRs and the run game with Endelman as the possession guy along with Amendola in the red zone.

Look, I'm no X's & O's expert by any means, but I just am blown away by how NE always adapts like a chameleon. In 2007, it was WR Randy Moss lifting the top off of defenses with an ariel attack. Then, the offense became TE dominant with Gronk & Hernandez, & now your offense reminds me of the gritty ground game of the SB 2004 Corey Dillon days & your victory over Philadelphia Eagles. Blount, Vereen, & Ridley are beasts who chew up chunks of yards & steal the time of possession battle. 

I know that Ridley has had fumble issues lately, but he needs to get touches again in the starting lineup to rebuild his confidence. Me, I love old school, punch your enemy in the mouth football & the month of December is when you lean on the ground game. I'm just amazed that NE can adapt to whatever it's strengths currently are. It's 1 thing to say it & it's another to actually do it. The Patriots are pulling it off. You guys are 10-3 incredible...

The other weird thing, weird meaning crazy good BTW, is this: The speed, hands, & elusiveness of Julian Edelman almost makes me forget about the injury prone WR Danny Amendola. I like Danny, but I have some reservations about his reliability healthwise in the Playoffs. JMO. I mean no disrespect with that remark. I'm just giving you my assessment from a distance that's all.

No Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez. If you told me this last year, I would have said you're crazy.

Such a waste of tremendous, natural talent...Was your rebellious lifestyle choice really worth it? Aaron will have plenty of time to mull that question over in prison. I don't blame BB 1 bit for that draft selection in 2010. NE had good leadership in your locker room & it's not BB's problem if Aaron did something momentally stupid on his own. He is an adult & grown man after all. 

It's a crying shame man...Unfulfilled potential...

Slightly off topic...Okay way off topic, but I have a question: You know when the Patriots score a touchdown & the minute men fire musket rifles into the air are they firing real gun powder or shells? To quote my father, what goes up must eventually come down.  haha

Cool celebration gesture BTW. The historian inside of me loves that actually. Can you get Paul Reeve to yell "The British are coming! The British are coming!" too. Just kidding! 

No wonder so many people dislike Patriots fans and don't respect us, because of homers like you who don't admit when your team gets out played and beat fair and square.  Yes the "helmet catch" as David Tyree out played Rodney Harrison on that play.  The Patriots rushed 7 guys and Eli picked it up right away and threw to a wide open Plaxico for the game winning TD.  According to your logic the only reason why the Rams lost in 2001 was Kurt made a mistake and fumbled the ball, the Rams weren't out played.

"The D couldn't get off the field? How about the offense not scoring in the last 26:20 of the game? The Patriots are not a good balanced team? Who is? The Seahawks? What have they won?"

Thanks for proving my point.  So not only can't the Pats' defense get off the field and make stops their offense can't score in the last 26:20 of a game.  So when your offense can't score it's up to your defense to make stops, but they can't.  A great example of how screwed up the Patriots are on how they try to manage and run a defense is during the AFC title game last season against the Ravens when Aquib Talib gets injured the Ravens completely owned the Pats after that.  For one guy to leave the game and for the other team to completely dominate your defense is a fundamentally flawed defense.  They had no one else in the secondary to pick up the slack.

"The Patriots haven't won a super bowl in 9 years. So what? 14 teams have never won one. 4 teams have never even been to one. 3 super bowl wins aren't enough for you?"

You hold the Patriots in such high regard and have high standards for them but you need to rely on un-successful teams that haven't been good over the years to make the Patriots look better.

I always give credit to the Giants. Especially in 2007. Their front four pressured Brady all game long. They were relentless right until the end. They were impressive. It was a great game that both teams deserved to win.

I thought the 2010 Patriots team that went one and done were much better than the 2011 team that went to the super bowl but the best team doesn't always win.

Every team is flawed, even the super bowl winners. The Ravens should have lost in Denver last year. The year before that, the Giants barely made the playoffs with a 9-7 record. Parity reigns. Every team is some shade of average.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Patriots made it to the super bowl this season. It wouldn't surprise me if the Colts made it either. It's that wide open. No team is dominant. The team that executes the best will win it all, not the team with the best players.

Slightly off topic...Okay way off topic, but I have a question: You know when the Patriots score a touchdown & the minute men fire musket rifles into the air are they firing real gun powder or shells? To quote my father, what goes up must eventually come down.  haha

Cool celebration gesture BTW. The historian inside of me loves that actually. Can you get Paul Reeve to yell "The British are coming! The British are coming!" too. Just kidding! 

haha Here's a good read on the Patriots' End Zone Militia. http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5605344