Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton

runthepost

I don't think he's top ten yet, but he has been really good. If he finishes strong the rest of this year and gets his team into the playoffs I think he could crack it. In the top 10 in no order: Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Romo, Rivers, Wilson, Stafford, Ryan, Big Ben.

Then you have Flacco, Dalton, Luck right outside it like Cam.

And I just realized I forgot about Eli. He's somewhere...

I want to see if Cam can keep it up.  He had a great rookie year, then a bad sophomore year.  To start this year, he was playing pretty poorly.  But he has turned it on as of late.  I want to see if he can keep it up for the next few years or if he continues to have these slow starts.  I wouldn't appoint him top 5 yet, but definitely top 10

Seriously I believe that he is proving he is a top 10 quarterback and if he continues this next year he could be top 5.. what are your thoughts?

He has a lot to prove....

Lets wait to see what he does against NOLA in key games

There was a time when Matt Schaub was winning a lot of games with a good defense

I want to see if Cam can keep it up.  He had a great rookie year, then a bad sophomore year.  To start this year, he was playing pretty poorly.  But he has turned it on as of late.  I want to see if he can keep it up for the next few years or if he continues to have these slow starts.  I wouldn't appoint him top 5 yet, but definitely top 10

He had a bad first half of his sophomore year and then he was lights out for the rest of the year. Newton is by far the best young QB in the game in my opinion.  :D

I have been saying he's a top 5 QB for 2 years now.....he's a hundred times better than all the hype Matt Ryan got last year for barely beating cupcakes and right now I'd easily take him over Russell Wilson.

I have to disagree.   I think Russell Wilson is definitely proving himself to be one of the best of the young QB's out there.

Silly OldBlu. Tricks are for kids.

Yes, I am OlBlu and I am not really allowed nor do I want to talk about Andrew Luck. I only replied to a post that was suggesting that Cam Newton was a top ten QB in the NFL and could move into the top five. Why didn't you have any problem with that comment?

I have to disagree.   I think Russell Wilson is definitely proving himself to be one of the best of the young QB's out there.

I agree with you but Wilson plays on a much better team with far more offensive weapons. It is hard to compare the two of them. Newton is bigger, stronger and faster than Wilson. It seems like he scores a TD himself in most games. But it would be hard to argue that Newton and Wilson are not the best young QBs in the NFL and that is no slam against Andrew Luck.

Yes, I am OlBlu and I am not really allowed nor do I want to talk about Andrew Luck. I only replied to a post that was suggesting that Cam Newton was a top ten QB in the NFL and could move into the top five. Why didn't you have any problem with that comment?

Probation huh? That's new lol.

Main reason I take him over Wilson is since Seattle has a stacked offense. Outside of Steve Smith, Newton don't really have big time weapons to work with, but he's managed quite well.

Main reason I take him over Wilson is since Seattle has a stacked offense. Outside of Steve Smith, Newton don't really have big time weapons to work with, but he's managed quite well.

I agree.  Cam has looked pretty spot on lately.