Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning MVP. Locked In?

IndyTrav

As it stands now, it seems like Peyton has the MVP locked up. But what will it take to be ripped away from him? Who are some of the guys who can catch him? Would Peyton sitting the final 2 games endanger his chances?

Could Brees rip it away finishing 2nd in the NFC? Could Calvin Johnson finally get one if he continues his pace? Could Brady sneak in after a slow start, with a surging Patriots team?

Can anything take it away from him?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Unless his play drastically drops off. Even if he plays pedestrian for the remainder of the season,(2 TDs, ~250 yards a game) his first ~11 games are too much to overlook.

If he averaged his career average for the rest of the season he's would have thrown 46 TDs and ~5000 yards.

hes 8-3, beat a bronco team that only lost to us with guys like thompkins and dobson. quit letting your colt biase cloud your judgment

Colts bias?

Brady was afwul for the entire first half of the season and Manning is on pace to break the TD record.

Peyton has the MVP locked up. 

honestly I think brady should get it. he beat him with less talented offensive weapons

We will see how they play with Ravens in few weeks. If Pats slip in the next few weeks, Brady is out of the picture. If they get a first round bye, he is in discussion.

Brady is as good as Andrew Luck this year. If we are talking about Brady, we should about Andrew Luck too.

he wont keep it up. its getting cold

He has a career passer rating of 99 in December and just threw 2 TDs in Foxboro.

But it doesn't matter anyway as I stated above, even if his numbers are average for the final 5 games, he still would have one of the better seasons by any QB ever. 

He has a career passer rating of 99 in December and just threw 2 TDs in Foxboro.

But it doesn't matter anyway as I stated above, even if his numbers are average for the final 5 games, he still would have one of the better seasons by any QB ever. 

how many of those games were in a dome? look this isnt just manning. teams tend to run more when it gets colder.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Colts bias?

Brady was afwul for the entire first half of the season and Manning is on pace to break the TD record.

Peyton has the MVP locked up. 

Unless Peyton has an epic collapse, and Brees goes on a tear like Peyton did in the first month of the season, Peyton has it locked up.

Guest TeamLoloJones

luck doesnt have the creditability in the media's eyes to named MVP

I wasn't saying Luck deserves MVP.  I was saying your reasoning behind Brady getting MVP votes because he beat Peyton is flawed.

how many of those games were in a dome? look this isnt just manning. teams tend to run more when it gets colder.

You want me to go thtough every game in look? How about last season:

He had a 68 completion%, 11 TDs and 3 INTs in December last year in 5 games.  

Way too early to call it "locked up".  Brady has had way too many bad performances to be considered, but Brees isn't far behind Peyton in stats, has been closing, and his team has the same record. Anything can happen.

You're arguing that the greatest season ever by a quarterback, possibly, is not worth the MVP.

How is that fact?

never said he couldnt win it just that I think brady deserve it more for having that as much success record wise with far less talent

Guest TeamLoloJones

never said he couldnt win it just that I think brady deserve it more for having that as much success record wise with far less talent

They don't have the same record

Guest TeamLoloJones

to the media it does

Ummm. If you think that way then why in the world would you think Brady gets it over Peyton.  The media loves Peyton.