Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qtr by Qtr Scoring Breakdown

braveheartcolt

On a long train journey. So I did a little analysis. Apologies if this has been done before.

1st Half:

Colts 119 Opponents 143

2nd Half:

Colts 133 Opponents 77

By Quarter:

1st Colts 37 Opponents 78

2nd Colts 82 Opponents 65

3rd Colts 67 Opponents 38

4th Colts 66 Opponents 39

If only you got a mulligan in the first quarter...

Quarter #1 ......egads! We need to bring that closer to even while keeping the other 3 at the same level and we will be fine.....I am ok with being slow offensively in the first quarter, but it seems to be coupled with being woeful defensively.....a bad combination.

Quarter #1 ......egads! We need to bring that closer to even while keeping the other 3 at the same level and we will be fine.....I am ok with being slow offensively in the first quarter, but it seems to be coupled with being woeful defensively.....a bad combination.

All the offensive 3 and outs constantly put the defense in bad field position.  Even if we aren't scoring points in the first, if we could just get a couple first downs to give Pat a chance to pin the other team back that would help the D tremendously.  

It just seems like this team needs to get kicked in the teeth for about 10-15 mins before they wake up and start kicking back.

All the offensive 3 and outs constantly put the defense in bad field position.  Even if we aren't scoring points in the first, if we could just get a couple first downs to give Pat a chance to pin the other team back that would help the D tremendously.  

It just seems like this team needs to get kicked in the teeth for about 10-15 mins before they wake up and start kicking back.

Very good point Mr B. Maybe we should just chuck it around in the first, and hope for the best. Then revert to the game plan in the 2nd.

This should not be hard to fix, or at least mitigate. Pagano needs to work on this 1st Quarter slump with some haste. Well, a bit late for haste, but no more excuses. Something's gotta change soon. 

I think our offense is fine. More often than not we use the passing game to set up the run.

Our defense is schizophrenic. It's a pure guess on who we're going to see each week, and each half. Is it the D that we saw against the Niners and Broncos? Or is it the D we saw against the Rams and the first half of the Titans game?