Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

love this ty hilton interview

danlhart87

Guest TeamLoloJones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNGhI3-vUCw

his comments on scoring the 73 yard td were great "gave him an ooooo"

love his overall attitude and respect towards reggie wayne and how he listens to him

i have no doubt in my mind ty hilton will be the #1 on this team in future

We already have replaced Peyton with Luck, Marvin with Hilton, and Edge with TRich (hopefully). Clark with Fleener. Stokely with Whalen.   All we need is our new Reggie and it will be like having the old team back together.  (With all new players)

We already have replaced Peyton with Luck, Marvin with Hilton, and Edge with TRich (hopefully). Clark with Fleener. Stokely with Whalen.   All we need is our new Reggie and it will be like having the old team back together.  (With all new players)

dwayne allen is better than fleener. and Trich won't even come close to edges shadow.  But other than that, spot on.

Improve his hands, add some beef, and he'll be our own little Steve Smith.

Steve Smith pound for pound is 1 tough hombre that won't take anyone doubting his ability to beat the man across from him. Plus, Steve is a great smack talker on the field all in fun of course. TY doesn't strike me as a colorful trash talker just yet. Good analogy though smittywerb! A weekend or 2 with Steve would fix that in a heartbeat.  :thmup:

I feel that the ONLY thing limiting TY at this point is himself!! (OK...and some play calling..or lack of as well) :)

Hilton needs to be 100% on every play to be number 1 IMO.  Going into halftime of Sunday's game he was not beating his cover man...and went into the locker room with one catch.  The kid has too much talent to take plays off.  Learn to cut off of routes and find that stick....a la Reggie!!!  I love TY so do NOT interpret this as a big slam!!

He got angry in an earlier game and lit someone up in the second half (Seattle?  I forgot)  Reggie 'pep-talked' him at halftime of the Texan game..I want to see TY light em up for 60 minutes....the entire Colts TEAM needs to do the same in all 3 phases.  It will be a thing of beauty!!   :pass:  :pass:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!

I agree with everyone's comments..TY is a great player and once he finds that consistency that's needed, he'll be seen as a top 10 wr (I do already but that's cuz I'm a huge fan,lol) he has the attitude and swagger to be one of the best..just keep up the hard work and desire to succeed/win.  :thmup:

Steve Smith pound for pound is 1 tough hombre that won't take anyone doubting his ability to beat the man across from him. Plus, Steve is a great smack talker on the field all in fun of course. TY doesn't strike me as a colorful trash talker just yet. Good analogy though smittywerb! A weekend or 2 with Steve would fix that in a heartbeat.  :thmup:

Yeah, TY comes as humble.  Doesn't come from a big name college/conference.  Just shows up and let his play do the talking.

I agree with everyone's comments..TY is a great player and once he finds that consistency that's needed, he'll be seen as a top 10 wr (I do already but that's cuz I'm a huge fan,lol) he has the attitude and swagger to be one of the best..just keep up the hard work and desire to succeed/win.  :thmup:

Once he becomes more consistent on offense, maybe he can become our ST man also.

Guest TeamLoloJones

dwayne allen is better than fleener. and Trich won't even come close to edges shadow.  But other than that, spot on.

Allen is better than Fleener but Clark's skill set is closer to Coby's than Allen's.  Clark and Fleener are hybrid TE/WR while Allen is a more standard TE.  I know TRich most likely won't ever be close to Edge, which is why I said hopefully.

Improve his hands, add some beef, and he'll be our own little Steve Smith.

Doesn't have to add beef if he keeps doing what Reggie taught him, and that it's no need to take those big hits, gets what you can and get down. He has been doing a great job at that so far

T.Y is something special... I know that elite speed can cover a lot of flaws and that he has had some bad drops in his first season and a half, but a look at his highlights from the game against the Texans show that he has more than just speed. He has an intangible quality, like Luck, where he just gets better in big situations. He makes big time plays when we need them most...

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Week_9_TY_Hilton_highlights/ac111804-2fdb-4a6d-9304-6bc12390aa6c

here are the highlights from Colts.com for a refresher... I can watch the catch in the EZ all day... he has radar when he's down there..

Allen is better than Fleener but Clark's skill set is closer to Coby's than Allen's.  Clark and Fleener are hybrid TE/WR while Allen is a more standard TE.  I know TRich most likely won't ever be close to Edge, which is why I said hopefully.

I would love it if Fleener ultimately became as reliable as Clark was.. he definitely has some physical tools that Clark doesn't/didn't.

As much as I love Dallas and loved having him on this team, I think that Allen has the potential to be better than he was in all phases of the game... He is already a better blocker... Allen has very good hands, but Clark's were amazing in his prime... Once his route running matures, Allen will be a top 3 TE in the league...  definitely a more complete player than the two guys ahead of him as well..

Everything is plausible there except the T-Rich vs. Edge comparison. That is not even remotely close. It makes me sad to this day that Edge was not a part of the Super Bowl team. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNGhI3-vUCw

his comments on scoring the 73 yard td were great "gave him an ooooo"

love his overall attitude and respect towards reggie wayne and how he listens to him

i have no doubt in my mind ty hilton will be the #1 on this team in future

When you see what's going on in Miami, it only makes everyone understand the true value of a future hall of famer like Reggie Wayne that much more.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Everything is plausible there except the T-Rich vs. Edge comparison. That is not even remotely close. It makes me sad to this day that Edge was not a part of the Super Bowl team. 

That's why I said hopefully.

T.Y is a combination of Steve Smith and Desean Jackson. He has the toughness to go across the middle and fight for the ball in the air like Smith just doesn't talk trash like him. He also has the speed and deep ball play making ability of Jackson. If he can add 7 to 10 pounds of muscle mass he's going to be unstoppable.

Doesn't have to add beef if he keeps doing what Reggie taught him, and that it's no need to take those big hits, gets what you can and get down. He has been doing a great job at that so far

That is true also. But imagine if he was able to add some strength to his speed...is yac would go through the roof!