Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hamilton going to use Richardson in different Schemes

CS Colts Fan

Go back and watch Anthony Castonzo if you can, he is consistently opening up wide holes for Richardson to run through f Richardson sees them open, Cherilus is doing pretty good with that to, we wouldn't be tied for 9th in the league in yards rushing a game if we weren't opening holes

it is rare when trich has missed an opening. I have watched again

whats your evaluation on the fumble he had vs the Broncos

Oh you mean the play where they should of called the play dead? Where he was held up by MULTIPLE defenders and they can in and stripped the ball? That is no way a case of fumbles. Yes, he needs to hold onto the ball. But if you give a D a chance to hold you up like that you ARE going to get stripped.

Go back and watch Anthony Castonzo if you can, he is consistently opening up wide holes for Richardson to run through f Richardson sees them open, Cherilus is doing pretty good with that to, we wouldn't be tied for 9th in the league in yards rushing a game if we weren't opening holes

I love watching a lineman maul in the running game. It is my favorite thing about slo-mo. AC opened holes as soon as he came into the league and I got a great kick out of it, even with Olson playing beside him, if that doesn`t speak well, what would?

Sorry, just have not seen that kind of blocking but I will keep watching and hoping.

I have seen a few creases that Rich missed as you pointed out, seems like they want him to go right and use Gos & Reitz.

They are blowing up Samson & McGlynn pretty bad and our Rook is bumble`in & bobbl`in on his pulls. Phugly!

McGlynn doesn`t pull well either IMO but  I agree, Rich, Go Left young man, Go Left

We miss Allen Bigtime!

I know as a unit we can`t block :) so I will go with Bradshaw making 5-6 great runs and Andrew running, and Peps oft maligned here commitment to establishing a run game as to why we are CURRENTLY 9th in the run.

Don`t matter tho, a new season starts after our break, and we adapt to our New Reality.

Andrew will be slinging it more I am confident, and he will get hit way to much.

I love watching a lineman maul in the running game. It is my favorite thing about slo-mo. AC opened holes as soon as he came into the league and I got a great kick out of it, even with Olson playing beside him, if that doesn`t speak well, what would?

Sorry, just have not seen that kind of blocking but I will keep watching and hoping.

I have seen a few creases that Rich missed as you pointed out, seems like they want him to go right and use Gos & Reitz.

They are blowing up Samson & McGlynn pretty bad and our Rook is bumble`in & bobbl`in on his pulls. Phugly!

McGlynn doesn`t pull well either IMO but  I agree, Rich, Go Left young man, Go Left

We miss Allen Bigtime!

I know as a unit we can`t block :) so I will go with Bradshaw making 5-6 great runs and Andrew running, and Peps oft maligned here commitment to establishing a run game as to why we are CURRENTLY 9th in the run.

Don`t matter tho, a new season starts after our break, and we adapt to our New Reality.

Andrew will be slinging it more I am confident, and he will get hit way to much.

Agreed, except Ill say a running baack does not make his money running where the hole is SUPPOSED to open up, his money is made using the vision he has to find the hole has opened up, Now on the righ side the holes have not been opened as consistently I agree but thats where Trent needs to exercise a little more patience and look left first as Castonzo is our best run blocker, I think in the long run we get better in all aspects though both in our O Line as well as Trents reads. Remember Bradshaw was running very well with no OTA's or TC or pre season games thats because he was little more patient and quicker to recognize when a hole was open, it wasn;t because he has been with the team longer because he had no on field work with them either, Like I said we will get better though, Im signifcantly more concerned about our passing attack though and our defense suffering if offense stalls out more often because of it

Agreed, except Ill say a running baack does not make his money running where the hole is SUPPOSED to open up, his money is made using the vision he has to find the hole has opened up, Now on the righ side the holes have not been opened as consistently I agree but thats where Trent needs to exercise a little more patience and look left first as Castonzo is our best run blocker, I think in the long run we get better in all aspects though both in our O Line as well as Trents reads. Remember Bradshaw was running very well with no OTA's or TC or pre season games thats because he was little more patient and quicker to recognize when a hole was open, it wasn;t because he has been with the team longer because he had no on field work with them either, Like I said we will get better though, Im signifcantly more concerned about our passing attack though and our defense suffering if offense stalls out more often because of it

Vision. Edge wasn`t a guy who weaved his way thru but man did that guy know when to make a hard cut on the stretch play.

He was a Bad Man.

And it was kool watching Bradshaw finding the openings as you are talking about. What a shame.

Yip, the running game will remain a grind IMO, and I think Andrew is gonna have to deliver some long balls (more than Pep was hoping for) like last year to win some games.

A lot of these TV talking heads don`t watch every play of Andrew`s like we do.

This kid is showing us more and more subtle, high FB IQ stuff week after week. It takes awhile on the field to earn Hero status. But!

He is definitely a Mailman.

BTW, i am getting a big kick out of Lance Stephenson. And PG! 

From some of the old highlights of Richardson I've watched going back to see what he has done well I think he's 

very effective at runs going off tackle or stretching outside and making a one cut decision. I like those runs for him

more than I like some of the between the tackles stuff.  I think if we can mix in some stuff going off tackle and some

zone stretch runs we will see some things from him.  Also I think we can build some rhythm mixing in screens.  I saw

in some of his old highlight tape that he was effective on some draws out of the shotgun but I don't think those runs

have gone so well for him in the league so far.  I think his bread and butter is going off tackle and making one cut or

doing zone stretch and one cut. I think it's mandatory to get him going in the passing game as well.

In my opinion I don't think he does so well in a RBBC situation. I think he's better utilized as an every down back coming

out every now and then when he's tired. You have to build some rhythm with this guy I think.

Yep, Luck's contribution has no bearing on the Colts ranking... /sarcasm

found on Rotoworld....

good news... I think this will definitely help..

Colts OC Pep Hamilton admitted he has not been satisfied with his usage of Trent Richardson, and reexamined it during the Week 8 bye.

The Colts have been banging Richardson between the tackles behind poor run blockers, with very little success. It's promising that Hamilton recognizes the issues. "I have to do a better job of finding ways to get Trent out in space," Hamilton said. "I have to do a better job coming up with schemes that not only give our offensive line a chance to be successful, but of course create holes for Trent and create schemes that complement his wealth of talent. That's one of the things that we spent time as an offensive staff looking at during the bye week." Because Richardson's perceived value is so low at the moment, he's worth targeting in trades on the cheap. He's still going to get the ball a lot in a productive offense, and has a chance to pay serious stretch-run dividends for forward-thinking fantasy owners.

Great idea in theory...took about four weeks for him to realize what some here have been clamoring for awhile now.   Now let's see if Pep can actually implement this and if Richardson and our O Line can execute. 

You're missing the point, you drive it at him and over him.  You don't run away from their best defender, that's his strength.  You wear him out. 

That drive that I talked about last year, they effectively took him out of the game.  By the end of the drive he was sitting on the sidelines watching us finish the game.

watt tries so hard to get through the line that he leaves a hole where he came from, let him through then, fullback block him and let trent hit that  open hole

You guys should take Mark Ingram from us and keep him with Richardson. Most overrated running backs in the entire league. Alabama clearly isn't producing the best RB's ever.

the dudes only started 10 games on a pass happy team, But for his potential to show he needs to go to a place where he can start and not sit behind Sproles and Thomas