Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dominique Jones Signed to PS

1959Colts

I have not seen a Colts link, but I am glad....

Send Jack Doyle packing since we picked up Saunders.  We then are back to having Justice Cunningham and Jones as TEs on PS ready to move up.

I have not seen anything Doyle has done special.  I also have not heard anything bad that he has done...I have not noticed missed blocking assignments.  Anybody else?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Send Jack Doyle packing since we picked up Saunders.  We then are back to having Justice Cunningham and Jones as TEs on PS ready to move up.

I have not seen anything Doyle has done special.  I also have not heard anything bad that he has done...I have not noticed missed blocking assignments.  Anybody else?

Why? He has played very well.  I think we have a legit 3rd TE in Doyle behind Fleener and Allen going forward.  

Doyle could easily prove to be our 2nd best TE.
The Rook ain`t much. I am glad Jones is back and sure hope he stays available. He is Ok with experience, could be MUCH worse.

I recall Saunders being decent and like his bigger body.
We can`t keep playing Reitz so much with him no risk of catching a pass. Makes us too predictable doesn`t it.

Were hang`in strong.

Time to get fired up and whoop some Texan hind ends!

Guest TeamLoloJones

I don't believe this is accurate. I haven't gotten anything from my Colts app nor have any of the Colts writer's tweeted about this......

I don't think it is either, I thought Jones was now ineligible for the PS.

Personally I'm with you.  Haven't seen anything that Doyle has done that was glaringly wrong, but also haven't seen him do anything spectacular either.  

Why? He has played very well.  I think we have a legit 3rd TE in Doyle behind Fleener and Allen going forward.  

I guess all you wanted to comment on was the bolded.  That is OK.  He has done nothing...what 1 catch and a a special teams tackle?  Did you not read what followed?

I have heard his name about 3 times, and one was when he was on the sidelines.  

BBs, how can you say he could be the number 2 TE....It is Halloween for sure :)

Guest TeamLoloJones

I guess all you wanted to comment on was the bolded.  That is OK.  He has done nothing...what 1 catch and a a special teams tackle?  Did you not read what followed?

I have heard his name about 3 times, and one was when he was on the sidelines.  

BBs, how can you say he could be the number 2 TE....It is Halloween for sure :)

I read everything.  I was asking specifically why you think he should be CUT.  Saunders has done nothing to show he is better than Doyle.  Neither has Cunningham.  If you watch the game film, Doyle shows a lot of promise.  More so than Saunders and Jones have.  

Probably should pay better attention then.

To who the nobody on the field ? Who makes no impact on anything or the lack of a viable receiving threat other than Fleener at the TE position ?Or lol im sure they called out his name and great contributions but I just failed to hear it .

I read everything.  I was asking specifically why you think he should be CUT.  Saunders has done nothing to show he is better than Doyle.  Neither has Cunningham.  If you watch the game film, Doyle shows a lot of promise.  More so than Saunders and Jones have.  

I like Dom Jones better....we have 1 TE that is a receiver by the name of Fleener, and some of us on the forum have worried a little (some a lot) concerning his hands. (Boy I wish we had Allen) :)

Since this appears to be irrelevant anyway with this apparently being a false report we can let it go.  As said above, what HAS Doyle done?  That is the question.  He looked great on the sideline without his helmet on....and he has not whiffed on blocks that I have noticed...has not played much..the casual fan would wonder if he has even seen the field.

Guest TeamLoloJones

To who the nobody on the field ? Who makes no impact on anything or the lack of a viable receiving threat other than Fleener at the TE position ?

Well if you don't watch a player then maybe you shouldn't comment on them.  Just a thought...

Well if you don't watch a player then maybe you shouldn't comment on them.  Just a thought...

To who the nobody on the field ? Who makes no impact on anything or the lack of a viable receiving threat other than Fleener at the TE position ?Or lol im sure they called out his name and great contributions but I just failed to hear it .

He's only played 26 offensive snaps. Hard to watch a player when he's never on the field. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

I like Dom Jones better....we have 1 TE that is a receiver by the name of Fleener, and some of us on the forum have worried a little (some a lot) concerning his hands. (Boy I wish we had Allen) :)

Since this appears to be irrelevant anyway with this apparently being a false report we can let it go.  As said above, what HAS Doyle done?  That is the question.  He looked great on the sideline without his helmet on....and he has not whiffed on blocks that I have noticed...has not played much..the casual fan would wonder if he has even seen the field.

I've watched alot of game film back and forth.  And Doyle looks like a good prospect.  Thats really what it boils down to in my mind.  I think he has more upside than Cunningham or Saunders.  I liked Jones too, but the more I've seen of Doyle the more I like him.

Spot on in terms of a viable receiving threat.

I know I watch the interior line blocking and TEs closer than any position.  All I can say is if Doyle was solid, we would not hear "Joe Reitz (Number 76) is reporting eligible" 15 times a game.  Better blocker in a jumbo package.  Would love to see another weapon instead of Joe Reitz :)  Obvious Doyle is not a weapon. Please prove me wrong Jack Doyle!

Guest TeamLoloJones

Maybe should just ignore someone who doesn't have a clue ?

So my opinion is wrong because of what I've HAVE seen, but yours is right when you said yourself you didn't even know who Doyle was.

I've watched alot of game film back and forth.  And Doyle looks like a good prospect.  Thats really what it boils down to in my mind.  I think he has more upside than Cunningham or Saunders.  I liked Jones too, but the more I've seen of Doyle the more I like him.

Wer have not seen enough of Doyle as Dustin states above.  I have not seen any indications of him making mistakes, but 26 plays as you know does not a career make.

Cunningham too is a prospect.  Saunders is a blocker at 270-275 and 6' 5'.  Doyle will be here so we will keep watching.  Would LOVE to see Cunningham get a chance at some point.

Spot on in terms of a viable receiving threat.

I know I watch the interior line blocking and TEs closer than any position.  All I can say is if Doyle was solid, we would not hear "Joe Reitz (Number 76) is reporting eligible" 15 times a game.  Better blocker in a jumbo package.  Would love to see another weapon instead of Joe Reitz :)  Obvious Doyle is not a weapon. Please prove me wrong Jack Doyle!

You and I both know its not going to happen with Doyle and think Dustin does as well.We need Allen it was a major loss in pass and run game.I know Cunningham can catch the ball and possibly is a little green yet but they have kept him so they see something in him IMO

Guest TeamLoloJones

Wer have not seen enough of Doyle as Dustin states above.  I have not seen any indications of him making mistakes, but 26 plays as you know does not a career make.

Cunningham too is a prospect.  Saunders is a blocker at 270-275 and 6' 5'.  Doyle will be here so we will keep watching.  Would LOVE to see Cunningham get a chance at some point.

I'm confused about why I'm getting ganged up on on this.  All I said was I like Doyle and don't agree that he should be cut over the other guys.  (And apparently our GM agrees as of now) It's just my opinion.  This is the stuff that makes me not want to be part of this forum.

Pags and Grigs said when they signed Doyle they liked his tenacity and he was a very good blocker....at Western KY.

Not a slam on WK, but he ain't (verbiage intended) blocking JJ Watt there. 

Cunningham was "underused" as a catching TE at SC.  That was one of the first things I read when He became Mr. Irrelevant on a comment by Steve Spurrier!

I'm confused about why I'm getting ganged up on on this.  All I said was I like Doyle and don't agree that he should be cut over the other guys.  (And apparently our GM agrees as of now) It's just my opinion.  This is the stuff that makes me not want to be part of this forum.

Lol not trying to bust your chops,just don't agree hes a viable answer,and yes have seen him but hes done nothing that impresses me.Its your opinion and we will all live happily ever after with each persons opinion.

Sorry you think I ganged up on you.  I thought I made my initial point clear.  I would have cut him and used Dom Jones and that is now irrelevant.  I noted that I had not seen Doyle make any mistakes per se, yet nothing special.

It is just my opinion as well...that is why we are here...all opinions count.  It does not, however mean we have to agree all of the time.  I know I have agreed with you quite a bit.  I enjoy what you bring to the forum.... :pass:  :pass:  :thmup:

If Doyle had not shown something he would have been released not Jones.

26 plays by an UFA.....

I am always willing to give a Colt a chance.  I will be thrilled if he contributes and we actually hear his name instead of "Number 76 is eligible."  Tired of that so much PT.  All receivers/TEs/backs need to be ready. (The whole team...)