Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 person I could see us trade for

GoColtsGo5150

Can't wait til Sunday night and Brazill lights it up. Since people want to doubt my boy Brazill

Loved his catch in the playoff game on third and 12 and Luck threw it behind him across the middle and he still snagged it and got the first for 17yards

Of course his catch vs Detroit

His catches vs Pats especially the one for 25yards

Can't wait til Sunday night and Brazill lights it up. Since people want to doubt my boy Brazill

Loved his catch in the playoff game on third and 12 and Luck threw it behind him across the middle and he still snagged it and got the first for 17yards

Of course his catch vs Detroit

His catches vs Pats especially the one for 25yards

I agree, Brazil is very underrated. We should have some good trips with DHB, TY & Brazil. He just needs to knock the rust off. Good thing he got some play in Denver game.

Those that keep saying they're not comfortable with who we have at WR right now really needs to think about the situation for a minute. Anybody that we would trade for(which isn't happening) would have to come in and learn the playbook, build chemistry with Luck, and get their timing together. That means for the rest of this season, the imaginary WR wouldn't be any better than who we have right now that is familiar with the playbook. You don't just trade for a WR and have him make an immediate impact, if it were that easy we would see a lot more trades in the NFL at the deadline.

Those that keep saying they're not comfortable with who we have at WR right now really needs to think about the situation for a minute. Anybody that we would trade for(which isn't happening) would have to come in and learn the playbook, build chemistry with Luck, and get their timing together. That means for the rest of this season, the imaginary WR wouldn't be any better than who we have right now that is familiar with the playbook. You don't just trade for a WR and have him make an immediate impact, if it were that easy we would see a lot more trades in the NFL at the deadline.

Good point Balzer.  I was miffed when Brazill did not know the play a couple of weeks ago....yes he was suspended, but should have been on top of the playbook IMO.

I guess it is "Be careful what ya wish for...' and go with what you have.

Guest TeamLoloJones

All good points...that's why I would only want to trade for a young player that would be a building block for the future.  No verterans or stop gaps.

Good point Balzer.  I was miffed when Brazill did not know the play a couple of weeks ago....yes he was suspended, but should have been on top of the playbook IMO.

I guess it is "Be careful what ya wish for...' and go with what you have.

Yeah, I just don't get the panic some are showing. I'm not thrilled that Reggie is gone for the yr. but I would rather go with the guys that have been here a while than trade away another pick for a guy that would come in and be lost for the rest of the season. We would be forcing a new guy on the field and expect him to make a difference. It just don't work that way in the NFL.

Yeah, I just don't get the panic some are showing. I'm not thrilled that Reggie is gone for the yr. but I would rather go with the guys that have been here a while than trade away another pick for a guy that would come in and be lost for the rest of the season. We would be forcing a new guy on the field and expect him to make a difference. It just don't work that way in the NFL.

I initially thought Grigs would look hard into trades...my guess is he did last week.  He did not want to give yet another draft pick to Cleveland, and really Gordon was the only one to me that made sense other than Nicks.  We need to make it happen, and Brazill needs to grow...NOW!!

One other thing I was thinking....one Reggie Wayne waited his turn in 2001....maybe Brazill/Whalen...receiver TDD will run with this opportunity and make us even deeper next year  :thmup:

One other thing I was thinking....one Reggie Wayne waited his turn in 2001....maybe Brazill/Whalen...receiver TDD will run with this opportunity and make us even deeper next year  :thmup:

In the little we've seen of Brazill, I think he can be really good. Whalen seems like just a possession receiver, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Is Stephen Hill. Here's why:

1. He's only in his 2nd year, so he will be a long term investment but he still fills the win now mode.

2. His contract isn't huge, his cap hit will be 1 million in comparison to Larry Fitzgerald's huge contract or Nicks or Gordon's contracts which will cause to go over the cap. Also he will have a few more years in his contract unlike Kenny Britt or Nicks, so we can worry about him later.

3.He is a big WR who can be a deep threat, but potentially be a good blocker in the run game

4. Rex Ryan has even said that Hill wasn't his pick in last years draft and with the old GM gone ( the one who drafted him), Idzic ( like Lombardi in Cleveland) may not feel Hill fits the system.

Just adding options to the debates. Any thoughts?

What is your Fantasy price we will get him for? He could replace DHB next year. I kinda see us NOT needing to spend high picks on receivers for, Oh, the next 5 years since we have a Fabulous, playmaking QB.

Teams tend not to trade good lineman

I understand that but my real point is, I do not want to trade picks unless its someone of unusual circumstances. Seeing how poor our Oline has been for several years now, I really wished we would invest high picks in the Oline instead of trading for RB's or WR's. or we could go out on the FA market again this next offseason and pick up a mauler.

I understand that but my real point is, I do not want to trade picks unless its someone of unusual circumstances. Seeing how poor our Oline has been for several years now, I really wished we would invest high picks in the Oline instead of trading for RB's or WR's. or we could go out on the FA market again this next offseason and pick up a mauler.

To be fair, the Colts signed Donald Thomas and Cherilus in FA and drafted Hugh Thorton in the 3rd. If Thomas and Allen had not gotten hurt, I think this would be a much better blocking team. I do agree with you sentiments however.

To be fair, the Colts signed Donald Thomas and Cherilus in FA and drafted Hugh Thorton in the 3rd. If Thomas and Allen had not gotten hurt, I think this would be a much better blocking team. I do agree with you sentiments however.

We will improve with Saunders as well in the blocking arena..that is what he actually does....and an occasional 'grab.'

It would be nice to see the Colts healthy just one year on the OL....and TE.