Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Issues of Trent Richardson are Not his Fault...

NewColtsFan

first ray rice is worse this year because his line is worse, but now the line was bad last year also (until the playoffs). good year last year with a bad line, and bad year this year with a bad line. some of the excuses people make up are really out there.

are you serious? Excuses? No I'm not making excuses, what I stated was a fact, the ravens o-line didn't play well together until the playoffs because oher went from LT to RT and Mckinnie got back in the lineup to play Lt, the loss of birk was a little more serious than originally thought and you should understand that being that your center sucks.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first ray rice is worse this year because his line is worse, but now the line was bad last year also (until the playoffs). good year last year with a bad line, and bad year this year with a bad line. some of the excuses people make up are really out there.

The Ravens have one of the worst run blocking olines of the past 5 years.

If anyone watched the bama game tonite there was one play that really stood out to me. They were in a 4 receiver 1 back set. Looks all the way like a pass play. Defense opens up and they hand it off to yeldon for a 6-10 yard gain, can't remember exactly. Anyways it was just a well designed play that we should run more often. They also did a lot of outside runs and dump offs that really got both of their backs going early on.

Stop...just-stop-you-obviously-dont-watch-the-ravens-our-O-line-cant-open-holes-for-rice-to-run

but the bad line last year did? bad line this year, bad year for rice. bad line last year, good year for rice. your posts contradict the line excuse. it has to be something else.

If anyone watched the bama game tonite there was one play that really stood out to me. They were in a 4 receiver 1 back set. Looks all the way like a pass play. Defense opens up and they hand it off to yeldon for a 6-10 yard gain, can't remember exactly. Anyways it was just a well designed play that we should run more often. They also did a lot of outside runs and dump offs that really got both of their backs going early on.

now we should run college plays in the nfl. let's get rid of luck, get a option qb, and instal the wishbone, that will get tr going.

but the bad line last year did? bad line this year, bad year for rice. bad line last year, good year for rice. your posts contradict the line excuse. it has to be something else.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you about how bad the ravens O-line is, plenty of posters here have said the ravens line is terrible, we'll just have to agree to disagree

I'm not going to go back and forth with you about how bad the ravens O-line is, plenty of posters here have said the ravens line is terrible, we'll just have to agree to disagree

you are missing the point. i never said you were wrong about their line.

my point is. you said rice had bad lines last year and this year, but he had a good year last year and a bad one this year. it has to be more than just the bad line play.

1-2:54 Miami 1st Quarter (Jones at FB)
2-1:48 Miami 1st Quarter (Havili at FB)
3-15:00 Miami 2nd Quarter (Havili at FB)
4-6:09 Miami 2nd Quarter (Havili at FB)
5-8:24 Miami 3rd Quarter (Havili at FB)
6-8:03 Miami 3rd Quarter (Havili at FB)
7-2:34 Miami (shotgun) 3rd Quarter
8-1:38 49ers (shotgun) 2nd Quarter
9-1:14 49ers (shotgun) 2nd Quarter
10-9:49 49ers (shotgun) 3rd Quarter
11-7:58 Jax (shotgun) 2nd Quarter
12-10:10 Jax (shotgun) 4th Quarter
13-7:15 Jax 4th Quarter (Jones at FB)
14-6:14 Seattle 1st Quarter (shotgun)
15-5:43 Seattle 1st Quarter (Brown split out wide right)
16-1:16 Seattle 2nd Quarter (shotgun)
17-:28 Seattle 3rd Quarter (Jones at FB)
18-15:00 Seattle 4th Quarter (shotgun)
19-2:14 Seattle 4th Quarter (shotgun)
20-5:35 Chargers 1st Quarter (Havili at FB)
21-4:52 Chargers 1st Quarter (3 Wide)
22-11:57 Chargers 2nd Quarter (Havili at FB)
23-1:41 Chargers 4th Quarter (shotgun) pass to Brown
24-13:40 Broncos 1st Quarter (Harvey at FB)
25-10:42 Broncos 1st Quarter (Havili at FB)
26-5:25 Broncos 1st Quarter (3 wide)
27-11:18 Broncos 2nd Quarter (3 wide Fleener also in backfield, pass to Brown behind LOS, treated as a run play)
28-8:14 Broncos 2nd Quarter (Havili at FB)
29-1:12 2nd Quarter (shotgun) Broncos
30-13:43 3rd Quarter (3 wide) Broncos
31-8:40 4th Quarter (Havili at FB) Broncos
32-8:04 4TH Quarter (Havili at FB) Broncos
33-6:59 4TH Quarter (Havili at FB) Broncos
34-2:38 4TH Quarter (shotgun) Broncos
35-3:33 1st Quarter Texans (3 wide)
36-2:47 1st Quarter Texans, (Havili at FB)
37-4:53 2ND Quarter Texans (Havili at FB)
38-:29 2ND Quarter Texans (shotgun)
39-1:08 3rd Quarter Texans (shotgun)
40-1:43 4th Quarter Texans (shotgun)

Went through all of Browns runs, thats what I came out with......Ill do the same for Richardson at some point

1-2:54 Miami 1st Quarter (Jones at FB)

2-1:48 Miami 1st Quarter (Havili at FB)

3-15:00 Miami 2nd Quarter (Havili at FB)

4-6:09 Miami 2nd Quarter (Havili at FB)

5-8:24 Miami 3rd Quarter (Havili at FB)

6-8:03 Miami 3rd Quarter (Havili at FB)

7-2:34 Miami (shotgun) 3rd Quarter

8-1:38 49ers (shotgun) 2nd Quarter

9-1:14 49ers (shotgun) 2nd Quarter

10-9:49 49ers (shotgun) 3rd Quarter

11-7:58 Jax (shotgun) 2nd Quarter

12-10:10 Jax (shotgun) 4th Quarter

13-7:15 Jax 4th Quarter (Jones at FB)

14-6:14 Seattle 1st Quarter (shotgun)

15-5:43 Seattle 1st Quarter (Brown split out wide right)

16-1:16 Seattle 2nd Quarter (shotgun)

17-:28 Seattle 3rd Quarter (Jones at FB)

18-15:00 Seattle 4th Quarter (shotgun)

19-2:14 Seattle 4th Quarter (shotgun)

20-5:35 Chargers 1st Quarter (Havili at FB)

21-4:52 Chargers 1st Quarter (3 Wide)

22-11:57 Chargers 2nd Quarter (Havili at FB)

23-1:41 Chargers 4th Quarter (shotgun) pass to Brown

24-13:40 Broncos 1st Quarter (Harvey at FB)

25-10:42 Broncos 1st Quarter (Havili at FB)

26-5:25 Broncos 1st Quarter (3 wide)

27-11:18 Broncos 2nd Quarter (3 wide Fleener also in backfield, pass to Brown behind LOS, treated as a run play)

28-8:14 Broncos 2nd Quarter (Havili at FB)

29-1:12 2nd Quarter (shotgun) Broncos

30-13:43 3rd Quarter (3 wide) Broncos

31-8:40 4th Quarter (Havili at FB) Broncos

32-8:04 4TH Quarter (Havili at FB) Broncos

33-6:59 4TH Quarter (Havili at FB) Broncos

34-2:38 4TH Quarter (shotgun) Broncos

35-3:33 1st Quarter Texans (3 wide)

36-2:47 1st Quarter Texans, (Havili at FB)

37-4:53 2ND Quarter Texans (Havili at FB)

38-:29 2ND Quarter Texans (shotgun)

39-1:08 3rd Quarter Texans (shotgun)

40-1:43 4th Quarter Texans (shotgun)

Went through all of Browns runs, thats what I came out with......Ill do the same for Richardson at some point

Nice! In the plays the FB was in were they in the jumbo power formation or just with a FB?

Looks pretty even.

Nice! In the plays the FB was in were they in the jumbo power formation or just with a FB?

Looks pretty even.

Mostly it was just a FB or like my recording shows no FB at all...Not all...and I did not keep track of that.....Maybe I will go back and look but its not every run like some will try to have ya believe

WELL Colts fans you all told me I was full of it when I tried to tell you the Browns ripped you off, after 2 months and a mountain of solid TR play I guess you still think I was full of it....

But I promised I would stop in and see how you felt, so let me have it........

I was told it was the poor coaching in Cleveland and then it was TR just needs time to get his head in the play book so now what??? Time to grade the trade.........................

I do wonder when people call Richardson a bust if they actually ever watch football.  NO RUNNING BACK can gain yards when there is no blocking.  And it is unfair to compare him to Brown because Brown is getting the ball on draws in passing situations where there are holes.  Richardson is getting the ball in obvious running situations and getting crushed in the backfield.

Interesting, I saw Andre Brown ran for over 100 yards today for the Giants today.  We had him for a bit and he did nothing. 

All about blocking.

WELL Colts fans you all told me I was full of it when I tried to tell you the Browns ripped you off, after 2 months and a mountain of solid TR play I guess you still think I was full of it....

But I promised I would stop in and see how you felt, so let me have it........

I was told it was the poor coaching in Cleveland and then it was TR just needs time to get his head in the play book so now what??? Time to grade the trade.........................

What are you, 10?

Well your one of the few seems as though your fellow fans where quite upset with me and certain they had landed the RB of their dreams. I tip my hat to you, you sir were right.. I suspect you fellow fans haven't got the guts to admit it was a huge mistake... I rallied to get rid of the guy because I knew he sucked and was quite shocked and relieved to see him exit from Cleveland and for a #1 pick to boot......

You had it right good for you, I bet it really PO's you now that its been confirmed.....

Upbeat

Well your one of the few seems as though your fellow fans where quite upset with me and certain they had landed the RB of their dreams. I tip my hat to you, you sir were right.. I suspect you fellow fans haven't got the guts to admit it was a huge mistake... I rallied to get rid of the guy because I knew he sucked and was quite shocked and relieved to see him exit from Cleveland and for a #1 pick to boot......

You had it right good for you, I bet it really PO's you now that its been confirmed.....

Upbeat

You seem awful concerned with this trade. To be so glad he is gone you seem to check on him a lot. Like you miss him and want him back. When I get rid of something I don't like, I never go to check and see if the person that got it is happy. Or would you just be coming here to TROLL?

Upbeat

Whos actually confirmed it and made it official, I certainly would not have gave up a 1st for him, I thought that was ridiculously dumb actually, I mean give up a 1st round pick for a player whos position usually only lasts till 30-31? Flat out dumb but it is what it is, Not much of a point in saying he sucks week after week after week, especially on a offense where he is expected to share carries, Do I think he has underperformed and has poor vision? without question, anyone who knows what they are looking at when it come to O Line play and running back vision on the ALL 22 film can see those things but coming over here every so often stating the obvious on multiple occasions now is borderline trolling behavior. Those of us who can watch him with a neutral mindset and not from a pure Colts fan perspective can see we got screwed on the deal and he has a long way to go to live up to his previous draft hype but it is what it is, he is here now and he is here for cheap, If Im a Browns fan Im much more concerned about when my team will return to respectability (thats not a shot but a fact )

Trent is a mess. No need for anyone to refute that. We're stuck with the guy, so lets hope it changes. At this point you have to start to wonder, is the guy out of the NFL entirely in about 2 years... Lots of money, jobs, prestige ride on every down in this league. His days are soon numbered if things don't change drastically, and i don't mean this offseason. but if this is still going on next season his career will be on life support and if we have to end up cutting him he will be hard pressed to get another chance somewhere else.

Trent is a mess. No need for anyone to refute that. We're stuck with the guy, so lets hope it changes. At this point you have to start to wonder, is the guy out of the NFL entirely in about 2 years... Lots of money, jobs, prestige ride on every down in this league. His days are soon numbered if things don't change drastically, and i don't mean this offseason. but if this is still going on next season his career will be on life support and if we have to end up cutting him he will be hard pressed to get another chance somewhere else.

Did you not watch the game yesterday and how the Oline performed? Seriously, we are questioning Trent when he can't even make it out of the backfield without defenders meeting him head-on? But let me guess Luck's woes yesterday was ALL on the Oline.. Our fanbase just never ceases to amaze me sometimes.

I'd rather have Mike McGlynn with one good hand starting at guard than have ed reed wasting a roster spot in the secondary. The game has passed him by.

Did you not watch the game yesterday and how the Oline performed? Seriously, we are questioning Trent when he can't even make it out of the backfield without defenders meeting him head-on? But let me guess Luck's woes yesterday was ALL on the Oline.. Our fanbase just never ceases to amaze me sometimes.

Clearly Luck just lacks Vision right now. Hopefully the next madden update takes care of that.

Are We going to pick Ed Reeed up?

Pagnano connection? And he and Chuck are buddies? If price is right maybe yes,,,,,,,,,,,,At worst he can help train our Seconday

With Landry and Bethea what the heck would you need or want Ed Reed for?