Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on the game from a Chargers fan

Anonymous

5 mistakes added up to a HUGE points swing.

2 key drops, 1 from Fleener and 1 from DHB.

3 times we had them off the field after they failed to convert on 3rd down and silly penalties extended their drives.

DHB has been a serious disappointment. In his defense, I do not think this offense suits him. We aren't using him correctly. He's not a dynamic, inside receiver. He's a 1 trick pony.....go deep or forget him. He gets open deep and Luck maybe overthrows him by 2 or 3 inches. DHB should've had that......if it hits your hands, you need to catch it.

Correct on dhb, I coulda caught that,hell I played for years with my friends-tackle football and dropped very few,less than 3 a year,if it hit my hands I caught it,diving or not..one mistake in life not going to college to play football!

So let me get this straight, if our passing game doesn't score the winning TD, our offense isn't helping the team win????

No when our passing game doesn't consistently drive us down the field and score tds or at least put us in a good fg position than it's not really helping. this happened yesterday, vs the dolphins, and the raiders imo. 

No when our passing game doesn't consistently drive us down the field and score tds or at least put us in a good fg position than it's not really helping. this happened yesterday, vs the dolphins, and the raiders imo.

But our passing has helped the Colts win 4 games though, 4 games when they executed the game-plan. Look I don't disagree that they could pass a little more but the team has proved they can win with the current gameplan, they just need to be alittle more consistent.

But our passing has helped the Colts win 4 games though, 4 games when they executed the game-plan. Look I don't disagree that they could pass a little more but the team has proved they can win with the current gameplan, they just need to be alittle more consistent.

I understand but i really would like more passing. At times our game-plan works horrendously and others it works fine. 

5 mistakes added up to a HUGE points swing. 

2 key drops, 1 from Fleener and 1 from DHB.

3 times we had them off the field after they failed to convert on 3rd down and silly penalties extended their drives. 

DHB has been a serious disappointment. In his defense, I do not think this offense suits him. We aren't using him correctly. He's not a dynamic, inside receiver. He's a 1 trick pony.....go deep or forget him. He gets open deep and Luck maybe overthrows him by 2 or 3 inches. DHB should've  had that......if it hits your hands, you need to catch it. 

Luck over threw him a little needed to lay out for it.

Luck over threw him a little needed to lay out for it.

I disagree. He may have stumbled and fallen, sure. But if he catches that.....it's either 7 points or 3. 

We brought DHB here to catch that pass. He's the deep man, the big receiver that is supposed to gain separation and make the high yield catch. 

I was very excited about him when we signed him. Now, I'm no more excited about him than I was about Brian Fletcher. 

I disagree. He may have stumbled and fallen, sure. But if he catches that.....it's either 7 points or 3. 

We brought DHB here to catch that pass. He's the deep man, the big receiver that is supposed to gain separation and make the high yield catch. 

I was very excited about him when we signed him. Now, I'm no more excited about him than I was about Brian Fletcher. 

no way e wouldn't have had to layout for that. I think we ALL would have caught that fleener pas/

The pass was slightly over thrown off his FINGER TIPS, if DHB had dove for the ball he would have caught the ball & an easy 3 at least. Honestly Fleeners drop was much worse. I do hear what your saying about DHB though, so far very disappointed, i thought he would have a big day against SD. If he had caught that pass maybe he would have?

Correct on dhb, I coulda caught that,heck I played for years with my friends-tackle football and dropped very few,less than 3 a year,if it hit my hands I caught it,diving or not..one mistake in life not going to college to play football!

were all hall of famers in our mind

Just got back from the game & chargers fans are now officially the worst fan base in sports in my book... Seats were empty well into the first quarter, dude in front of me kept throwing beer on a younger kid in a Luck jersey, a friend of mine at the game got elbowed, beer thrown on him, & almost got jumped by 4 charger fans....

Pathetic, stay classy San Diego, sadly beating the Colts will be the highlight of the Chargers season as they will finish third in the AFC West & won't sniff the playoffs...

Expect that sort of non-sense in Oakland, but really worst live sports experience ever...

Wow that sounds almost like my experience.    The game started off great, enjoying time with my wife, a couple of Colts fans around me, then 2 rows behind us, a couple of charger fans started in.  First these two mid 40's "men" and I use that term loosely started jawing at these two heavy-set guys with Manning jersey's on and blue spiked Mohawks.  Making ignorant comments about their weight.  These kids being tormented were at most in their mid 20's.  They took the barrage of insults with class.  Comments such as "i'll give you 5 dollars if you eat that hotdog in one bite" <--if that ain't class, I don't know what is.  Then they tried to start in on me, funny thing was, I'm a very snarky and sarcastic person so when they started in on me, I asked them if the chargers had any rings?  He then quickly brought up the Saints superbowl and my retort was again, hey at least we have been there, and at least we have the banners and hardware to show for it.  After that he knew that I would shut him up everytime he tried to say something so he went back to the two guys in front of us.  After the game he tried to tell me a good game, and I went off on the guy and I made sure EVERYONE heard me.  The dude looked shocked and I just laid into him.  He then tried to pat me on the back, and I turned around and said if you ever put your hand on me again, you will lose it.  Funny thing is, the dude was easily twice my size but I didn't care.  He stepped back and my wife and I just walked away.

I expect a certain amount of razing when in an opponents stadium, i'm a grown man and I know what i'm in for but when these forty year old men started BULLYING yes they were bullying these kids, I draw the line there.  You wanna raze someone about their team, fine go ahead, but when you bully someone about their weight or just bullying period, you become the lowest form of life IMO.

Please don't generalize a couple of fans into the whole fan base. I'm sure Colts have * fans too. And the Chargers can still "sniff" playoffs by being 3rd in the AFC West, its called "wild card" and there are two teams for wild card. Just gotta beat out Baltimore, Miami, Tenn and Cleveland. That's if KC doesn't burn and crash after teams figure them out.

I wouldn't say we excecuted great. Both teams made a tons of mistakes, Colts ones were probably more crucial. Chargers left pts on the board by scoring FG after FG in the redzone instead of coming out with TDs.

Your right, unfortunately we do.  Its quite depressing too, especially because directly behind me was a colts fan who "ganged" up with the two * and began bullying another colts fan.  

But your claim about it being a "couple" of fans doesn't hold water.  As I was getting off the trolley I had people still talking crap to me and we weren't even at the game.  Congrats SD and your fans.  You are now my most hated team.  I had respect for their team.  After last night, SD can fall off the face of the earth as far as i'm concerned.

It wasn't just a few fans, it was ridiculous, the bartender even commented on how bad Charger fans were after they kicked four fans out for trying to start a fight, saying she hated working the night of games because fans are always starting fights...

San Diego is fine, but Chargers fans will be lucky to have a team if they can't even sell out a Monday night game, & ESPN has to bail them out...

I guess sportsmanship isn't taught in SD.  

agreed but the rest of your post was unnecessary and characteristic of a sore loser. just a teenie weenie too much

how is it characteristic of being a sore loser?  Because he expressed his opinion on how classless and tasteless some fans are.  How you would expect a certain amount of respect for a fellow human being isn't being a sore loser.

Buck wasn't complaining about the way we lost or blaming it on refs,plays.  He was saying how bad the charger fans were and I agree, I was there.  

SMH. . . . I hope we win on Sunday or this board is gonna implode on a EPIC level.

The Colts deserved to lose that game, I was fine with that, getting called * & having to pull my buddy away from four charger fans who started a fight when we were being cool & not doing anything was UNNECESSARY, that isn't a sore loser, that's defending yourself against sore winners...

I hope The Chargers move to LA...

how is it characteristic of being a sore loser?  Because he expressed his opinion on how classless and tasteless some fans are.  How you would expect a certain amount of respect for a fellow human being isn't being a sore loser.

Buck wasn't complaining about the way we lost or blaming it on refs,plays.  He was saying how bad the charger fans were and I agree, I was there.  

SMH. . . . I hope we win on Sunday or this board is gonna implode on a EPIC level.

"Pathetic, stay classy San Diego, sadly beating the Colts will be the highlight of the Chargers season as they will finish third in the AFC West & won't sniff the playoffs..."

"Pathetic, stay classy San Diego, sadly beating the Colts will be the highlight of the Chargers season as they will finish third in the AFC West & won't sniff the playoffs..."

Yeah, I back up all of that, it is pathetic for a grown man to throw beer on a kid... It is classless for four dudes to physically "elbow" a guy to instigate a physical fight... All of that & they won= sore winners...

It very well looks like the Chagers will finish third in heir division & if KC & Denver keep it up San Diego won't make the playoffs, that's pretty much how their season is set up at this point...

I may be a sore loser since you say so (not sure if you've ever been in a bar fight, or a bar for that matter) but I expect to be able to behave myself in an establishment and enjoy an adult beverage without having to get pulled into a fight, a little razzing is one thing & expected, but when it is physical, without previous escalation, that's crazy, uncalled for, pathetic, etc...

bottom line you weren't there...

I don't think the issue last night was the lack of passes it was the key drops.  They dropped at least one if not two TDs, two big third downs, and a screen pass that was going to get a lot of yards.  If the Colts make those five catches it's a different night for the passing game.

Trust me like most here I had some issues with the play calling Monday Night, I still don't understand the bootleg left on the third and two for example but I am with you I think the lack of execution by the receivers made the passing game look worse than it really was. 

Again, if you were there you would understand.  That's exactly how they were acting.  I said the exact same thing to my wife.  "You think they won the superbowl or something?" 

Yeah, I back up all of that, it is pathetic for a grown man to throw beer on a kid... It is classless for four dudes to physically "elbow" a guy to instigate a physical fight... All of that & they won= sore winners...

It very well looks like the Chagers will finish third in heir division & if KC & Denver keep it up San Diego won't make the playoffs, that's pretty much how their season is set up at this point...

I may be a sore loser since you say so (not sure if you've ever been in a bar fight, or a bar for that matter) but I expect to be able to behave myself in an establishment and enjoy an adult beverage without having to get pulled into a fight, a little razzing is one thing & expected, but when it is physical, without previous escalation, that's crazy, uncalled for, pathetic, etc...

bottom line you weren't there...

Bottom line the action of a few *s doesn't spoil the many thousands of chargers fans. And the way you said they'd finish 3rd was completely passive aggressive.

Watching drunk fans throw beer on a young teenage kid... That's ridiculous... Just a bit...

I wouldn't have blamed you if you were kicked out of the game for doing something about it, like a nice firm slap to the back of the head while he's taking a drink. The boy's father should've clocked him.

Bottom line the action of a few . doesn't spoil the many thousands of chargers fans. And the way you said they'd finish 3rd was completely passive aggressive.

Sure it was passive aggressive, this is a message board, I had to convince my buddy to not get in a fight instigated by Charger fans getting physical, so when I made my post my blood pressure was definitely up... it's not like we were in a dive bar in OB, the incident happened in the bar at the Hilton double tree, the bar staff complained about the actions of Charger fans stating that junk happened after almost every home game & again we are talking about a nicer hotel, not a dive bar, ask any bartender in Indy about the behavior of Colts fans after a win, & I doubt you get many complaining about kicking fans out for getting physical...

I live in Southern California, so I interact with Charger fans on a daily basis, they are grumpy that their team hasn't made the playoffs since '09, & I saw that manifest itself with classless behavior, of course I realize that not all Charger fans are on that level, but the last thing I am going to do is wish the team & the fan base a good season after the obnoxious behavior I witnessed & experienced, & by the sound of it from coltsfamilyman I wasn't the only Colts fan to have a bad experience, if that makes me a sore loser so be it, football is a game & you aren't gonna win em all I realize that, but there may be a reason that Charger fans can't sell out their stadium, a smaller stadium at that, for a MNF game, if fans don't even want to be at Qualcomm for a game, in a city that can easily afford it, that should tell you something about the fan base in general...

I wouldn't have blamed you if you were kicked out of the game for doing something about it, like a nice firm slap to the back of the head while he's taking a drink. The boy's father should've clocked him.

If he wouldn't have been three/four rows up I probably would have, sad thing is the security guard on the rail right in front of the incident did nothing...

My friend got beer poured on him & he grabbed the dudes girls jacket & wiped all the beer off himself/ his seat etc...

If he wouldn't have been three/four rows up I probably would have, sad thing is the security guard on the rail did nothing...

Sometimes I wonder if a small riots in the stands would finally make security at other venues straighten up.