Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

vontae davis

runthepost

I'll give an unbiased opinion on Vonte. He's a stud, plain and simple. He can hold his own with most receivers in this league. I'm guessing that the Colts will play him on Demaryius Thomas most of the night on Sunday. That will be a good test for him.

Actually, that remains to be seen. So far this year, well, last year actually since we haven't played any elite WR's so far this season, the Colts would just keep Vontae and Vaughn (Our other starting corner last season) on their sides and keep each other there regardless of who lined up at WR. I don't understand that, and I think the Colts should definitely stick Vontae on Demaryius where ever he goes, as I think Darius Butler and Greg Toler can hold their own against Eric Decker and Wes Welker. Hopefully Landry/Bethea/Freeman/Angerer/Whoever else covers the TE can handle Julius Thomas

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what precisely has dudeski said that leaves you absolutely certain that he has no football knowledge?  

Not this, but disagreements that we've had in the past. I'd show you where, but when going into my "notifications" it only shows a certain amount of quoted posts. I assume it was a trent richardson thing though. You act like im saying blasphemy here, i realize it was some form of cover dos and that you have safety help over top but they both had a chance to make a play on the pass and both failed to do so. Davis has underneath coverage yeah, but if he has a chance you'd expect him to stop the pass completion. In fact I bet if asked about it, that Davis would even take the blame for it. 

Many people agree with me on many things just not this. You have no football knowledge dudeski 

you have been told exactly why and how you are wrong but yet you won't concede that you are mistaken.  i think that says a lot about you as a poster

you have been told exactly why and how you are wrong but yet you won't concede that you are mistaken.  i think that says a lot about you as a poster

I've been told your opinion on the matter, but until you show me some footage of the Coach drawing up the play and talking about the coverage than im not wrong. Neither of us are the coach.

"Not quite sure in what we have in Butler yet.."

Butler that lead the team in interceptions last season? That Butler?

Or the Butler that sealed the Seattle Seahawks game with an interception?

Which Butler are you talking about?

TKnight I don't live in the Indianapolis area so I don't get to see many Colts games in PA.. The ones I have seen Toler was pretty much abused in and Butler plays the nickel corner. So I haven't seen much of him this year. Glad to hear he's playing well..

Toler got picked on all night. 

He has an attitude problem.  He thinks that he is better than he is.  Sometimes, he gets dumb penalties for taunting and blatant PI.   If he were good, many would overlook that. 

I've seen him make a few plays but I think it's a head problem and not as much of an ability one. JMO

I think it's interesting that we have a whole thread devoted to trashing the CBs, but the Colts lost the game more because of the stupid DLine penalties that awarded the Chargers key 3rd down conversions, and more because of receivers dropping passes at the worst possible moments in the game.

I think it's interesting that we have a whole thread devoted to trashing the CBs, but the Colts lost the game more because of the stupid DLine penalties that awarded the Chargers key 3rd down conversions, and more because of receivers dropping passes at the worst possible moments in the game.

And the fact that Fleener thinks it's OK to run a 6 yard pattern on 3rd and 8.