Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eli Manning vs Matt Schaub

IcEWoLF

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He came a Super Bowl and pulling the starters away from going undefeated in 2009 and had a chance at going at undefeated in 2005 and WON the Super Bowl in 2006 so the idea that Denver's team last year was better than any team he was on with the Colts is anything but a fact. 

So winning the Super Bowl and nearly going undefeated trump offensive, defensive, and ST rankings altogether? Everytime Manning and the Broncos come up in the media people are pretty universal in saying that the Broncos are a better team than Manning has ever been on. Of course when I say this though I'm wrong and it's an inaccurate statement.

You would be defending yourself if someone said "Quizboy is an * Texans suck" before you ever posted.

That's not how it went down lol. You jumped in and then others disagreed and then the majority disagreed and here we are.

No one came looking for you unprovoked. You respond. They respond. You respond. They respond.

You aren't being picked on lol.

Yet I'm the guy with like 30 notifications getting called clueless and wrong in this thread lol. Alright, so if I'm not being picked on so be it. Let the argument continue until the thread is closed. I'm sure the mods love closing threads.

Yet I'm the guy with like 30 notifications getting called clueless and wrong in this thread lol. Alright, so if I'm not being picked on so be it. Let the argument continue until the thread is closed. I'm sure the mods love closing threads.

Your also calling people clueless and trolls though no?

It takes two to tango.

So winning the Super Bowl and nearly going undefeated trump offensive, defensive, and ST rankings altogether? Everytime Manning and the Broncos come up in the media people are pretty universal in saying that the Broncos are a better team than Manning has ever been on. Of course when I say this though I'm wrong and it's an inaccurate statement.

Check out the 2005 Colts team they were very high in all those areas and also had a major running game. 

The media tends to respond to what have you done lately and the biggest story.  It became the trendy thing to say last years Broncos team was his best team ever because it made a good story.  Truth is it wasn't.  It doesn't mean they weren't very good they were and were probably better than any team he had post 2009 in Indy and probably better than some of his teams from early in his career but from about 2004-2009 those teams were on par if not better than his Broncos team last year.  Look at the 2005 team they didn't win a single game by less than a TD other than the Cardinals game in which the starters played a series and their back ups came in and beat the Cardinals starters and never trailed in 12 of their games which is a NFL record.

No I really don't I objected more to the idea that you are asking the question of when was the last time the Colts won in Houston when the real question is when are the Texans going to win in Indianapolis if they haven't been able to do it the last three years when the Colts were down for two of them and the Texans were Super Bowl contenders.  I don't really care about the Texans beating Peyton Manning and the Broncos last year. 

Also really you are going to talk about inciting posters?   You've been calling people clueless, trolls, and telling those that don't agree with your point of view just to stay out of it in this thread.  Which of us is inciting other posters again?  Also yes I know others have called you names as well but you know what just because someone does doesn't give you the right to do it back and no it doesn't make it right that they did it to you either.

Also for the record people disagreeing with your point of view isn't picking on you.  It's disagreeing with your point of view. Know your audience you are on the Colts fan forum even it's in the NFL General section.  Odds are if you come in here with anti-Colts point of view more people than not are going to disagree with you.  It doesn't mean you have to change your point of view but don't be shocked when people don't agree with you either. 

What is so anti-Colt here? I didn't start three threads (one mentioning me by name in the original OP) asking about Schaub and telling how horrible the Texans are. Just like everyone is so quick to jump in and call me wrong I am just as quick to do the same when I see blatant inaccuracies about my team. The guy I was tussling with is an obvious troll and I called him as such. The clueless part was just playing around on my part and I've acknowledged that already. The only reason I wanted you to stay out of this argument is because Mike and I got into it once over this same kind of stuff and until we apologized things were unnecessarily hostile between the two of us. He's the poster known as NCF. Now whenever he sees me arguing with trolls or guys who look to start fights with me by calling me out in posts he never says anything and whenever I see him criticizing my Texans, right or wrong, I don't feel the need to quote him or call him out either. Too much gets misunderstood on this board between fans.

Not really. You're just inable to counter with anything remotely usefull. You're in denial, so it's understandabe. Laughable, yes. But understandabe. 

A: Are you saying you think Scaub is a better QB than Luck? Are you saying you'd take Schaub over Luck? There's a reason almost the entire media is talking about Luck being the better QB. He is mentioned amongst the top QBs in the NFL right now. Schaub is being mentioned amongst the words and in general referred to as mediocre. That's a lot of opinions going Lucks way. But since we're comparing stats.

34j2a0p.jpg

Yeah, I'll take the one who makes fewer mistakes and produces more TDs (8 passing for Schaub and 7 passing and 2 rushing for Luck) and has a higher passer rating. You'd probably choose the pick 6 machine Schaub. As the clueless Texans fan you are.

B) "Titles" (no you haven't won a Super Bowl) don't matter in the new season either, so who cares about you being "champs". The only thing that matter is what's happening right now, and right now it's the Colts that are nr 1, not the Texans. We're better right now and have beaten stronger opponents than you have. 

C) Again shows how little you know about the Colts and the offense that Luck runs. Keep embarrasing yourself. Texans fans logic: "Luck has nothing to do with how the Colts are playing. QB position... meh overrated. Luck is not clutch and has not been the primary reason the Colts are doing great." lmao

Dude, I'm done arguing with you, but for the helluvit

A. Ironic. Guess how many fumbles and INTS 12 had last year?

B. 12 hasn't won a playoff game or a SB. You also haven't played us this year either so you can't say definitely either that you are better.

C. See my last post to jvan.

Your also calling people clueless and trolls though no?

It takes two to tango.

In a conversation with the aforementioned troll. How else do you get rid of an infestation? And it's not the first time me and the guy have had issues with each other either. I had the patience to ignore his baiting but if he quotes me then oh well, no inhibitions here.

Check out the 2005 Colts team they were very high in all those areas and also had a major running game. 

The media tends to respond to what have you done lately and the biggest story.  It became the trendy thing to say last years Broncos team was his best team ever because it made a good story.  Truth is it wasn't.  It doesn't mean they weren't very good they were and were probably better than any team he had post 2009 in Indy and probably better than some of his teams from early in his career but from about 2004-2009 those teams were on par if not better than his Broncos team last year.  Look at the 2005 team they didn't win a single game by less than a TD other than the Cardinals game in which the starters played a series and their back ups came in and beat the Cardinals starters and never trailed in 12 of their games which is a NFL record.

Ahhh. Yeah I'm going to need to pay more attention to the numbers and stop following the media hype lol. By the end of the year though with the pace the Broncos are on now though I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be the best team PM has played on. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

In a conversation with the aforementioned troll. How else do you get rid of an infestation? And it's not the first time me and the guy have had issues with each other either. I had the patience to ignore his baiting but if he quotes me then oh well, no inhibitions here.

Ignore? It's not that hard lol.

But if you willingly engage people who you consider trolls. This is the outcome. Your not being bullied lmao

B. 12 hasn't won a playoff game or a SB. You also haven't played us this year either so you can't say definitely either that you are better.

the colts and Texans have both played the Seahawks and forty niners. One qb shined while the other came up small on the big stage

We are 2-0 so far vs. teams the Texans are 0-2 vs. And our fans are not burning our QBs jersey and he is not setting records for pick sixes vs. good teams.

That's why we are better right now.

the colts and Texans have both played the Seahawks and forty niners. One qb shined while the other came up small on the big stage

Schaub put up more yards against that Seahawk secondary and would have won the game if not for a costly mistake on his part. Admittedly one failed but still, it's just week 5. I will reserve judgment until our teams play each other.

We are 2-0 so far vs. teams the Texans are 0-2 vs. And our fans are not burning our QBs jersey and he is not setting records for pick sixes vs. good teams.

That's why we are better right now.

So a picture of one guy burning a jersey means there is a cult of people doing it. And it has everything to do with football. Funny you bring up interceptions when your guy threw 18 last year.

I guess by that logic the Jaguars were better than the Packers last year, right? Because they beat you guys and you beat the Packers. So Blaine Gabbert is God. It all makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up, Jules. I always appreciate your insight.

Schaub put up more yards against that Seahawk secondary and would have won the game if not for a costly mistake on his part. Admittedly one failed but still, it's just week 5. I will reserve judgment until our teams play each other.

don't forget the curb stomping the niners put on the Texans

Well we also win by points in this game. Not by yards. And we win as teams.

Right now the Colts are the better all around team with the better QB and you know this. The first half our schedule in terms of scheduling has been pretty rough too and we are doing OKAY.....I realize it is a long year and nothing is decided but the early results have the Colts out on top.

What is so anti-Colt here? I didn't start three threads (one mentioning me by name in the original OP) asking about Schaub and telling how horrible the Texans are. Just like everyone is so quick to jump in and call me wrong I am just as quick to do the same when I see blatant inaccuracies about my team. The guy I was tussling with is an obvious troll and I called him as such. The clueless part was just playing around in my part and I've acknowledged that already. The only reason I wanted you to stay out of this argument is because Mike and I got into it once over this same kind of stuff and until we apologized things were unnecessarily hostile between the two of us. He's the poster known as NCF. Now whenever he sees me arguing with trolls or guys who look to start fights with me by calling me out in posts he never says anything and whenever I see him criticizing my Texans, right or wrong, I don't feel the need to quote him or call him out either. Too much gets misunderstood on this board between fans.

Well since this thread in theory should have nothing to do with the Colts who started the thread doesn't really matter...

It would be the person who drug the Colts into it.  That would be Vance who last checked was a Texans fan...  If anything the original poster was friendly towards the Texans when he or she said it was sad to see them having a down season.  With that said of course Colts fans are going to be happy the Texans are struggling.  Not because they want to make you mad (which is what the sorry Quiz in a later post was implying) but because it makes winning the South that much easier for the Colts.  You can't tell me there weren't Texans fans that weren't happy to see the Colts struggling in 2011 for the very same reason.  I think just about everyone who is a fan of a team understands of course you want to see your rival teams struggles because it makes things easier for your team.

Again you are on a COLTS Forum, even if it's the NFL general section.  If you don't want to see people happy about the Texans struggles then this probably isn't the place for you because odds are if the Texans are struggling that's good news for the Colts which is the real reason most people here are happy about it. 

Again if you are going to complain about people picking on you breaking the rules and calling someone a troll probably isn't the best course of action.  It's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black...

I came into this regardless of what others were saying.  I objected to your idea of the question of when are the Colts going to win in Houston because the Colts haven't been supposed to win in Houston the past three years.  The Texans on the other hand have supposed to been winning in Indianapolis the past three years and have yet to do it.  So if there is a question to be asked out of that it's not when are Colts going to win Houston it's when are Texans going to win in Indianapolis?  I mean really the Texans couldn't be a 2-14 Colts team when they were playing for homefield in the playoffs and you are asking when the Colts are going to win in Houston? 

People aren't always looking to start fights with you they just object to your idea that the Texans are so much better than the Colts.  Again if you are going to comment on the Colts in a negative light on a Colts message board people are going to fire back at you.  Know your audience and don't be so shocked when it happens. 

Well we also win by points in this game. Not by yards. And we win as teams.

Right now the Colts are the better all around team with the better QB and you know this. The first half our schedule in terms of scheduling has been pretty rough too and we are doing OKAY.....I realize it is a long year and nothing is decided but the early results have the Colts out on top.

Yes, you are better as far as the record is concerned. Again, I am not going to jump the shark until our teams actually meet and the end of the year comes. That is when we will see who the best is. The season isn't over by week 5. My team has had troubles this year, true, but hopefully they get back to playing the way we are supposed to. I want to have a competitive fight for the division this year, and I know the Colts are going to put up a fight.

The Bears did the same to the Colts last year....as did the Patriots...and as will the Broncos probably when they come to town.

You better hope not. We don't lose two in a row under Andy. If we lose to Denver we get the bye and then will beat Houston in Houston. Since you are so big on last season this has been a pattern with us...not losing 2 in a row....

Well since this thread in theory should have nothing to do with the Colts who started the thread doesn't really matter...

It would be the person who drug the Colts into it.  That would be Vance who last checked was a Texans fan...  If anything the original poster was friendly towards the Texans when he or she said it was sad to see them having a down season.  With that said of course Colts fans are going to be happy the Texans are struggling.  Not because they want to make you mad (which is what the sorry Quiz in a later post was implying) but because it makes winning the South that much easier for the Colts.  You can't tell me there weren't Texans fans that weren't happy to see the Colts struggling in 2011 for the very same reason.  I think just about everyone who is a fan of a team understands of course you want to see your rival teams struggles because it makes things easier for your team.

Again you are on a COLTS Forum, even if it's the NFL general section.  If you don't want to see people happy about the Texans struggles then this probably isn't the place for you because odds are if the Texans are struggling that's good news for the Colts which is the real reason most people here are happy about it. 

Again if you are going to complain about people picking on you breaking the rules and calling someone a troll probably isn't the best course of action.  It's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black...

I came into this regardless of what others were saying.  I objected to your idea of the question of when are the Colts going to win in Houston because the Colts haven't been supposed to win in Houston the past three years.  The Texans on the other hand have supposed to been winning in Indianapolis the past three years and have yet to do it.  So if there is a question to be asked out of that it's not when are Colts going to win Houston it's when are Texans going to win in Indianapolis?  I mean really the Texans couldn't be a 2-14 Colts team when they were playing for homefield in the playoffs and you are asking when the Colts are going to win in Houston? 

People aren't always looking to start fights with you they just object to your idea that the Texans are so much better than the Colts.  Again if you are going to comment on the Colts in a negative light on a Colts message board people are going to fire back at you.  Know your audience and don't be so shocked when it happens. 

I don't care. I know that everyone here is happy, and you should be. I don't care about that at all. I even have friendly ribbing with other posters about it. Again, though, when I see inaccuracies don't blame me if I point them out. My question about the Colts winning in Houston was a rebuttal against the guy who I was arguing with. If I post nice, friendly things that aren't going to upset my friends here on the forum then there's a chance I'm not going to win the argument I'm having with a guy who clearly doesn't like me. So I'm sorry if anything I said offended you. Whenever I get into an argument I don't mean it to hurt anyone else, but I know that people will see things they don't like and confront me on it. No problem. I'll just have to get used to saying apologies. But when one is in a fight you're not going to put your fists down just to make sure you don't hurt anyone else in the process.

You better hope not. We don't lose two in a row under Andy. If we lose to Denver we get the bye and then will beat Houston in Houston. Since you are so big on last season this has been a pattern with us...not losing 2 in a row....

But records are meant to be broken. :)

Well I am not pleased we lost to Miami looking back. I think they are overrated and we blew the game and flat out stunk in it at times. I think in a rematch we can take them but I was disappointed with the early goings of the season.

But, sometimes losing one can set you back on track......but losing 3 plus in a row.....that's a meltdown and an exposure IMO.

These Texans don't look too different to me then last years in the second half of the season starting with Rodgers piling up 6 TDs vs. them in primetime.

They have the right to improve and might do it, but I also am not sure Schaub is good enough and mentally strong enough to get it together vs. the GOOD teams. Sure he might beat some of the lesser teams but vs. good teams I have doubts.

But records are meant to be broken. :)

Well I can't argue with that. If we lose in Houston I won't panic or anything but I still have a tough time seeing us lose two in a row until it happens. And for the record I am not counting us out vs. Denver yet until the game is played. I think it will be an emotionally high game and both teams will show up at times in it. I don't personally see us getting blown out at home right now vs. them. We may lose but I think we will be competitive.

But it does. You guys still got to the playoffs and turned out alright after a few curb stompings, didn't you? The Texans can do the same, theoretically.

We also got caught in the middle of the "Ray Ray is retiring" web. Fresh too. He just announced the dang thing a few days before. It's not the main reason we lost but the Ravens turned on a new gear after all of that.

Besides they won the SB......it's not like we lost to crap.