Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

stats are misleading

danlhart87

According to ESPN the Broncos have given up 69.6 Rushing YPG. The key to beating them for us and anyone in the future is get the lead immediately then pound the rock! RUN RUN RUN! Teams seem to forget the more you run the longer Manning stays on the sidelines. 

Chiefs are built well for this which is why I have them beating the Broncos in the West this year. Colts can do it too but it will be important for all teams to remember this and stay away from turnovers. The last thing Manning needs is the ball back and more TDs.

It will be hard to run on the Broncos when you are playing catch up constantly.

Running the ball doesn't work. You don't think they can score fast?

So we hold the ball for 13 of the 15, he'll just score with those last 2. We've all seen him win with less than a quarter of possession.

That was an anomaly against a crap Miami team. We have also seen him lose against a team with a ball control offense like the Patriots, SD, Pitt, and Jets

Get out early like Dallas did and it is a game. Denver D is not good enough to hold down a decent offense. I would think the Colts would let Luck throw it early to score early and then try to ball control after that but lots of points will be needed so scoring on each drive is paramount.  I also think the Colts are playing better team defense then Dallas so I don't think Manning will put up 50 on them.

Running the ball doesn't work. You don't think they can score fast?

So we hold the ball for 13 of the 15, he'll just score with those last 2. We've all seen him win with less than a quarter of possession.

That was an anomaly against a crap Miami team. We have also seen him lose against a team with a ball control offense like the Patriots, SD, Pitt, and Jets

play ball control & Luck can move and throw, our TE but esp wayne and TY will mean they have to play entire field and Luck can exploit the middle i am sure

Miller will be rusty first gaame back

Bailey had said when he plays will be playing with pain at lisfrac all year and esp on turf, , wrote that long ago with link not looking for now , really would have to serach sorry

& denver said he could of played Vs dallas but didnt want him to start on turf for that reason and it was on turf that he got hurt, Indy has turf

According to ESPN the Broncos have given up 69.6 Rushing YPG. The key to beating them for us and anyone in the future is get the lead immediately then pound the rock! RUN RUN RUN! Teams seem to forget the more you run the longer Manning stays on the sidelines. 

Chiefs are built well for this which is why I have them beating the Broncos in the West this year. Colts can do it too but it will be important for all teams to remember this and stay away from turnovers. The last thing Manning needs is the ball back and more TDs.

It will be hard to run on the Broncos when you are playing catch up constantly.

'

'

Early season average stats are ALL misleading because they are using illegitimate samples..

Denver has given yup few rushing yards because everybody throws against them..

..but the Colts aren't a good running team no matter how much the coaches want to be