Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN completely writes off the Colts against the Broncos

The Colts Walker

Espn writer Jeffri Chadiha completely dissed the Colts when it came to even contending with the Broncos

"Of all the teams the Broncos will play in the next month, Kansas City is the only one with a real chance of pulling an upset. We all know the Jacksonville Jaguars will be slaughtered by Denver's high-powered attack Sunday. A trip to Indianapolis also should be another victory for the Broncos, primarily because there's no way quarterback Peyton Manning is losing a matchup with his former team."

Why does the media continue to ignore us even with convincing wins over the 49ers and Seahawks? Our only loss was to an undefeated Dolphins team, who was helped by a bogus illegal motion call. I feel like we have a much better chance than the Chiefs have of beating the Broncos.

honestly who cares who ignores us. rather fly under the radar then being the most talked about team in the NFL. less pressure for the younger guys. 

i said before we can beat Peyton's Broncos  on other threads

its in our home

Now Denver says and no report on status yet but, Vs Cowboys CB Webster & Harris ( conciussion ) , ayer's ( seen after game with shoulder wrapped and in arm sling ) , woodward , & hillman all injured Vs Boys

Now with playing Jaxsonville many may take extra time to heal, also Peyton may get pulled early & if early enough, maybe like in INdy with playoffs all these players come back bit rusty after a rest including peyton possibly if pulled early and if not shouldnt be real test to keep sharp like last week

have feeling bailey will be in Vs Jaxsonvile to test him, Denver said could played but didnt want him to play on turf as thats how got hurt , Indy is turf too , right, though may be of different typpe , i have no idea when comes to this ????

Finally Von Miller will be back and he has to be Rusty, Cards may align just right for colts and destiny

COLTS just took the fight to seahawks and won

Dont want to make excuses but

OUR Colts have great chance to win in Indy ,

esp if these players dont return , but even if they all come back Colts are physical enough &

Colts are balanced ball control and can if want spread out and throw like Romo did and Colts better D to me bettere generally & much better DB's

Luck can exploit the middle or throw deep - all depends on game plan , Between, Wayne & TY  & TEs  etc Recivers shall get open

Finally have u seen HC fox on sidelines, hes like a giddy kid, does he actualy coach with intensity of Colts staff

Espn writer Jeffri Chadiha completely dissed the Colts when it came to even contending with the Broncos

"Of all the teams the Broncos will play in the next month, Kansas City is the only one with a real chance of pulling an upset. We all know the Jacksonville Jaguars will be slaughtered by Denver's high-powered attack Sunday. A trip to Indianapolis also should be another victory for the Broncos, primarily because there's no way quarterback Peyton Manning is losing a matchup with his former team."

Why does the media continue to ignore us even with convincing wins over the 49ers and Seahawks? Our only loss was to an undefeated Dolphins team, who was helped by a bogus illegal motion call. I feel like we have a much better chance than the Chiefs have of beating the Broncos.

the broncos will be favored in every game the entire season. The colts can win the game, but not many people will pick against Peyton in that game

No way Manning is going to lose to his former team....boy, that is some insightful analysis from Chadiha.

Yep. I've heard opinion on ESPN go well into hyperbole regarding the Colts & Luck. Comments include "Super Bowl contender" and describing Luck as potentially being "the greatest of all time". 

But in regard to the author cited in the OP.......Kansas City has played the easiest schedule of any NFL team so far in 2013.

How else would we know anything about the Colts?  I've learned so much from ESPN and the NFL channel.  For instance, did you know that Peyton left and we have a good young QB in Andrew Luck?  Not as important and RG3, but pretty good according to them.

And I've also learned... well, that's about it...

Formwer players say it is extra motivation to go back against the team that lost confidence in them and let them go free.  Peyton is already at top level, so I don't know how he can elevate any more than he has.  Our D will be tested. Our O can move on them, but will be called on for no mistakes, and maybe cause them 1 or two.  We can win, but we won't be favored to.

though i will agree he will def test are defense but we didnt lose confidence in him we merely went in a different direction and choose luck with a no 1 pick

As a colts fan I can see Peyton breaking records against us. I am hoping Mathis, Redding, and the rest of the defense knock him on his tush a few times and make him have happy feet but I can see a performance like he did against the ravens this year.

This offense isn't pretty or flashy.  It doesn't have a track star with rubber knees.  It doesn't have a QB that everyone thought was too short to really compete.  It has the number one 2012 pick, the second coming of Peyton Manning said the media.  But his game isn't pretty like Peyton's.  Too many interceptions, too much running game, too many short passes.  When this Andrew dude's play starts to look pretty and invincible, maybe they'll be back.  Otherwise, it's too much ground-and-pound in a small town market.  Plus I think people are secretly annoyed that it only took one year for the team to get a new franchise QB.

As far as Peyton goes, he'll probably be locked and loaded for this game.  Every player passed over or released by a team has a bone to pick.  He'll want everyone here to know he's still got it even though we've all figured it out already.

Side note:

"Dis" or "diss" has been part of mainstream American vernacular since the early to mid 1990s, but I remember the first time I heard it:  an old school rap album back in 1984.  This word has been part of the language around me for a long time.  It's just odd to hear that people are annoyed with it "becoming" mainstream.

Pagano needs a whole bunch of mouse traps for the players and fans related to the Chargers game :).

Trap game???

For the fans maybe, the players I doubt it.  I listened to the Reggie Wayne show today and anytime they tried to ask him about the Broncos game he'd spin it into talking about the Chargers and kept saying we aren't playing the Broncos this week.  I think the players minds are where they need to be.  It doesn't mean we will beat the Chargers but if we don't I don't think it will be because anyone over looked them.