Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The surprising Browns

theanarchist

Maybe the new management knows what they are doing. They are 3-2 and lead the division. They are playing good defense and their passing game has some life. I don't think that their current streak of wins will continue too long but something seems to be on the right track for them.

I hope that the Richardson trade works out for both sides. Right now we really need Richardson and hopefully as the season goes along he gets his feet underneath him. I'm really hoping this trade pays off in December and January when it count.

Maybe the new management knows what they are doing. They are 3-2 and lead the division. They are playing good defense and their passing game has some life. I don't think that their current streak of wins will continue too long but something seems to be on the right track for them.

I hope that the Richardson trade works out for both sides. Right now we really need Richardson and hopefully as the season goes along he gets his feet underneath him. I'm really hoping this trade pays off in December and January when it count.

Its Brian Hoyer. Who knew the perenial backup actually had some talent and was being hidden behind Weeden?

McGahee didn't look bad either. With Bradshaw's situation right now , you have to say the Colts made the right move, and for the Brown's , based on what they've done so far, it looks like a good trade for them also. If they draft well, and they'll have two first round picks, they can add two more quality players. They got Kruger in free agency, and their front seven is pretty good. They can probably get a decent running back with a 2 or 3, but their success is taking them slowly out of the Bridgewater and possibly Manziel stakes. With the extra first round pick, they could deal to move up now, which gives then flexibility.

Pittsburgh stinks right now, the Ravens are a mess after the horrible Bill's loss, and I don't know what to make of the Bengals, who have a ton of talent on paper, but are underachieving. I'm not sure the Browns can hold off the Bengals in the long run, but we'll see. This division, which is traditionally pretty good, now looks weak. It's anybody's division right now.  

So instead of using their miserable pick to straight up draft the QB they want, they're going to have to turn two picks to get high enough in the draft, if they keep winning and we keep winning.

Go Browns.

If Hoyer is good enough, why not stick with him?

If Hoyer is good enough, why not stick with him?

Good enough for this season, and good enough for the next 10 are two different things. Clearly this FO was looking towards the future and getting a QB out of this draft. If they thought Hoyer was the guy going forward they wouldn't have started the talk about trading Gordon.

Good enough for this season, and good enough for the next 10 are two different things. Clearly this FO was looking towards the future and getting a QB out of this draft. If they thought Hoyer was the guy going forward they wouldn't have started the talk about trading Gordon.

The Browns front office is infatuated with Manziel. Hes been the guy theyve been looking to draft all year and theyve made no secrets about it. Trading up for Manziel is a possibility, but if thats off the table, sticking with Hoyer to see what hes got isnt a terrible idea.

The Browns front office is infatuated with Manziel. Hes been the guy theyve been looking to draft all year and theyve made no secrets about it. Trading up for Manziel is a possibility, but if thats off the table, sticking with Hoyer to see what hes got isnt a terrible idea.

From a rational standpoint, that logic is sound. But GMs, want to make their marks. They want to say "See I drafted this player, and he's great and I saw it all along." Often why I feel some GMs reach in the draft once in awhile. Out thinking themselves.

Clearly though, as you said , the Browns want Johnny Football, and regardless how this season shakes out, I believe QB will be their first pick in next years draft. How they have to go about getting that QB, I can't really say. At their current pace they will be having to trade up IMO.