Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Flacco 5 picks?

-JJ-

5 picks and Bills still almost lost.

Still, for once I can finally say "we almost lost" (and Baltimore is still a quality team I think, I think we caught them on a bad day)  :)

E.J. Manuel tried his best to blunder away the game playing hot potato with the snap. You survived it this time, though. Congrats on the win.

Its-one-game-Peyton-threw-6-picks-against-the-chargers-and-this-talk-wasnt-going-on.

And would have won if Vinny didn't shank a 30 yard field goal at the end. He (and the defense) still put us in position to win at the end until the kicker blew a chip shot.

Not excusing Peyton's play. It was awful. I'd argue it was his worst game outside 2004 NE playoffs or his first playoff game VS the Jets.

And you guys are really surprised by this? He never was a top 10 QB. Not one holding call was called on Baltimore in the playoffs last year, even though that team was ranked #2 in the league on penalties. As soon as Ray Ray announces retirement, they stop getting pass interference and holding calls. Pay him that kind of money, with his horrendous pocket awareness what do you expect? 

If the NFL didn't have some crazy agenda to fix ratings by keeping games close, allowing the officials control games, they would have lost by 20+ points.

Good to hear someone other than a Bronco fan or Colts fan or Peyton fan say this.

Several instances from the Broncos playoff game to the last drive vs the 49ers, I had no doubt the NFL stopped calling PI and holding calls on the Ravens as frequently. But then, it will only come off as sour grapes if you supported someone other than the Ravens. Even the Colts game where they were holding Mathis and Freeney constantly, oh well...

I am with Bogie on this one. If there was a chance to not call it against them, the call did not go against them on D, that is what I observed and I stand by it. Those CBs Cary Williams and Graham guy, what the heck are they doing this year? That is right, nothing. If you allow contact, a lot of CBs can play better.

Seens like they are trying to find anyway possible for Flacco to earn that massive overpayed contract, The Ravens forgot who Ray Rice is, Im beginning to wonder if thats more then an O Coordinator problem...like someone higher up is trying to force Flacco to earn that contract.....when the reality is there is no way Flacco can live up to that contract, Thats elite money for an average QB....5 carries for Rice? seriously?

Seens like they are trying to find anyway possible for Flacco to earn that massive overpayed contract, The Ravens forgot who Ray Rice is, Im beginning to wonder if thats more then an O Coordinator problem...like someone higher up is trying to force Flacco to earn that contract.....when the reality is there is no way Flacco can live up to that contract, Thats elite money for an average QB....5 carries for Rice? seriously?

I don't think that is the case but the Ravens are in serious trouble if they don't get the running game going. The offensive line has been very bad, and they seem to really miss Matt Birk at center, as Gradkowski is having issues. They can't get the running game going, which put more pressure on Flacco, who has inferior receivers to what he had last year. Pitta getting hurt has really killed them as Clark and Dickson have been mediocre to bad. They just totally abandoned the run against Buffalo ,as you said, which is usually death of the Ravens. 

Now to the contract. I think it was timing, and winning the Super Bowl that got him 120 million. He also went to the playoffs five years straight, and he is the Ravens best option at quarterback, so you have to pay him. They also had to re-work the team in the off-season, so that contract had to get done immediately. 

That being said, Joe is an above average quarterback, who is great in the playoffs. He is a good leader, and manages the game well. He is not Manning or Brady, so you are right in the fact that you can't have him passing 50 times, and running for 24 yards and expect the Ravens to win. It is not a formula that has ever worked for them. 

The defense, though not great, is above average, but was disappointing in stopping the run against a so-so Bill's rushing attack. That is disturbing. They MUST get the rushing game, and rushing defense going or it is going to be a long season. They are developing some nice receiver options other than Torrey Smith in Marlon Brown, and Deonte Thompson. However, the tight end situation is in shambles as Ed Dickson cannot catch, and Dallas Clark is past his prime. That won't be solved until Pitta is back, or they draft, or get a good free agent tight end next year. 

The good news in they are 2-2 and in first place. The bad news is if they don't correct some of this stuff quick, the season is going to get away from them. With Miami on the road, and Green Bay at home, they better get it together quickly. 

E.J. Manuel tried his best to blunder away the game playing hot potato with the snap. You survived it this time, though. Congrats on the win.

Aside from EJ's turnovers, we actually stuck to the run and was able to get over 200 rushing yards. Isn't Baltimore a very tough team to run on too? And I they even allowed their first rushing TD of the year.

Aside from EJ's turnovers, we actually stuck to the run and was able to get over 200 rushing yards. Isn't Baltimore a very tough team to run on too? And I they even allowed their first rushing TD of the year.

Your run game is actually pretty decent. If Buffalo relied on it more, you'd probably win a few more games.

The problem Buffalo seems to have is that roughly 9/10 times they've put the game in their QB's hands over the years they almost always screw it up. It's been that way going back to Losman. Not only that, if it's not the QB some absurd special teams or defensive blunder costs them the game at the end.

I'm not sure if the team is cursed or just had QB's that are that bad. The jury is out on Manuel as he's shown signs he can at least put away games. (Although he almost blew it last night, he didn't.) Plus he won another close game earlier this season and drove for the win against the Panthers. Still, I think he's mediocre at best so far.

On the bright side, at least you don't have Sanchez/Smith like the Jets. They're guaranteed to blow it every time lol...