Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pryor apologize to Raider nation for loss but says cant remember the game due to his late concusion

bayone

Pryor Can't Remember 37-21 loss to Broncos after Suffering Concussion

Terrelle Pryor when he was hit by Denver Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard late in the game and suffered a concussion.

According to ESPN, the injury puts Pryor's status in doubt for Oakland's Week 4 contest against Washington.

Sorry about the loss RaiderNation. I don't remember much ! Good hit by whoever it was. I heard our team fought well .. We will be back!

11:35 AM - 24 Sep 2013

=============

Dennis Allen, who coached Woodyard as Denver's defensive coordinator from 2008-2010, responded:

"(It was) within the rules, it's inside the tackle box," 
. "But it was a pretty good hit."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/24/4767342/raiders-terrelle-pryor-cant-remember-37-21-loss-to-broncos-after

Why? Pryor is better than Flynn in probably every way. Unless this was sarcasm...

No, I'm just assuming that Pryor is going to be out this week. And if Flynn comes out and plays well, then they might ride with him over Pryor, who knows though.

"I don't remember much ! Good hit by whoever it was." Jesus, that's scary...Losing 3 hours completely from your memory banks. Not a few plays, but an entire game.

Holy crap! Poof 3 hours of your life just gone with no recollection at all. I saw an ESPN feature once on 2 time SB Champion QB Jim McMahon [1 with the Bears in 1985 & 1 with the Packers in 1996]; He wandered through his mansion struggling to remember his wife's name, his name, & his children's names...It send a chill down my spine for all the wrong reasons. Financial security vs a physical & psychological beating...A heavy toll to pay that's for sure.

So I'm assuming the Pryor Project is over. Enter Matt Flynn.

Can an NFL team just forfeit a game & concede a loss right now? It's quicker & less painful than turning the field general reins over to Matt Flynn.  haha  No, SW1 isn't kidding. Not really...

When is the last time the Raiders won a SB again? 1984 with DE Howie Long vs the Redskins...Talk about a long drought from NFL perfection eh? Yikes! 

Can an NFL team just forfeit a game & concede a loss right now? It's quicker & less painful than turning the field general reins over to Matt Flynn.  haha  No, SW1 isn't kidding. Not really...

When is the last time the Raiders won a SB again? 1984 with DE Howie Long vs the Redskins...Talk about a long drought from NFL perfection eh? Yikes! 

haha if they could then the Jaguars and Browns should just forego the whole season then/

Before the season there was talk of McGloin getting the start.

Hmm. I wonder if the coaches are more confident in him than Flynn. McGloin is a rookie this year so I'm not sure, but if he does get the start then it really does speak volumes about how the coaching staff views one of their key free agent pick-ups.

"I don't remember much ! Good hit by whoever it was." Jesus, that's scary...Losing 3 hours completely from your memory banks. Not a few plays, but an entire game.

Holy crap! Poof 3 hours of your life just gone with no recollection at all. I saw an ESPN feature once on 2 time SB Champion QB Jim McMahon [1 with the Bears in 1985 & 1 with the Packers in 1996]; He wandered through his mansion struggling to remember his wife's name, his name, & his children's names...It send a chill down my spine for all the wrong reasons. Financial security vs a physical & psychological beating...A heavy toll to pay that's for sure.

I'd like to get ahold of a DVD of that or something so I can use it in the future in case my kid wants to play football.

I almost feel like a hypocrite because I love watching football, but I don't want my kid to play.  

Pryor Can't Remember 37-21 loss to Broncos after Suffering Concussion

Terrelle Pryor when he was hit by Denver Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard late in the game and suffered a concussion.

According to ESPN, the injury puts Pryor's status in doubt for Oakland's Week 4 contest against Washington.

Terrelle Pryor         @TerrellePryor

Sorry about the loss RaiderNation. I don't remember much ! Good hit by whoever it was. I heard our team fought well .. We will be back!

11:35 AM - 24 Sep 2013

=============

Dennis Allen, who coached Woodyard as Denver's defensive coordinator from 2008-2010, responded:

"(It was) within the rules, it's inside the tackle box," Allen said. "But it was a pretty good hit."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/24/4767342/raiders-terrelle-pryor-cant-remember-37-21-loss-to-broncos-after

I admire it when a pro player apologizes for their team's loss....understanding that its not just all about them.

They don't NEED to apologize but the fact that they might want to indicates they relate the fan base and want to represent the franchise. I like the way Pryor plays and I like what he says.

With that said....I wont be liking him much longer (and he wont be playing much longer) if he doesnt GET DOWN when he's running the football. Why is it so hard for these young QBs to slide.....that rule is a gift from God for QBs but so many are too competitive to use it.

You can be TOO competitive.

I'd like to get ahold of a DVD of that or something so I can use it in the future in case my kid wants to play football.

I almost feel like a hypocrite because I love watching football, but I don't want my kid to play.

V-2004;

I go to a lot of high school games and I could not agree with you more.

Standing on the sidelines, the collisions can be (and are) scary

My HS wouldn't allow football as principals son accidentally had died in a game

Now i may have been short but was great super strong, once carried a defender 10 yards on my shoulder running into the end zone, just picked him up along the way, fast lightning reflexes, WR , halfback on offense, anywhere i felt on defense, always team captain

My problem was as no outlet in HS, and better than all friends my age, I played on weeklends without equipment against players from small college teams so i was smallest player basicaly around NYC & long Island Like CW post, part of LIU of basketball point shaving fame from the 1950's

as such though i could tackle anyone my neck was at times chopped around in  legs of those i was tackling  , that together with stupidly doing 250 sit ups a night with 10 pound weight on my neck and back then we went the whole way up & touched knees back in the late 1960s ,( one time without a weight as my girlfriend knitted a grateful dead tapestry i did 3,000 situps over a 3 hr period, wore a hole in carpet & tush )

well the combination , moist likely the later with the 10 pound weight moire as was daily ritual , is what must have led to , early bony inward  proliferation causing stenosis and my resultant surgery and initial cause of all my resulting disabilities that resulted post op

My brother , a radiologist never saw anything as bad in my age group aand had his own cat myelogram to see if was congenital, thankfuly wasnt

MRI didnt even show  bone basicaly severing spinal cord in few spots , finally  only myelogram showed a blockage then take immediate  cat scan for definitive picture

he still cant remember game but now insists

Pryor also said Wednesday he believed the tackle by Woodyard was an "illegal" shot, a "helmet-to-helmet" blow.

"I think he should get fined, definitely," Pryor said.

The NFL Players Association is reviewing whether the Raiders followed the league concussion protocol.

On Wednesday, Pryor defended the team's decision to leave him in the game.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24177878/raiders-quarterback-terrelle-pryor-wants-broncos-captain-wesley

YET 

((  op article stated Raider HC Dennis Allen, who coached Woodyard as Denver's defensive coordinator from 2008-2010, responded:

"
(It was) within the rules, it's inside the tackle box,"

. "But it was a pretty good hit."

http://www.milehighr...o-broncos-after  )))

he still cant remember game but now insists

Pryor also said Wednesday he believed the tackle by Woodyard was an "illegal" shot, a "helmet-to-helmet" blow.

"I think he should get fined, definitely," Pryor said.

The NFL Players Association is reviewing whether the Raiders followed the league concussion protocol.

On Wednesday, Pryor defended the team's decision to leave him in the game.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24177878/raiders-quarterback-terrelle-pryor-wants-broncos-captain-wesley

YET 

((  op article stated Raider HC Dennis Allen, who coached Woodyard as Denver's defensive coordinator from 2008-2010, responded:

"(It was) within the rules, it's inside the tackle box," Allen said. "But it was a pretty good hit."

http://www.milehighr...o-broncos-after  )))

That hit wouldn't be illegal outside of the tackle box either....as Woodward didn't lower his head and use the crown of the helmet.