Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fred Smoot goes off on Shanahan and RG3

chad72

He just backed him by saying he does see a lot of diva attitude in Griffin...on the first take podcast. Even two of his biggest fans, Steven A and the Skipper agreed.

And yes, I feel a bit dirty listening to First Take

I think diva attitude is more the norm these days. Look at Kaep, Sherman, etc. The key is whether his teammates feel it is going to his head ala Rodgers. Until I hear one of them say something about him then I will reserve judgment as people like to pile on after they build a guy up.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think diva attitude is more the norm these days. Look at Kaep, Sherman, etc. The key is whether his teammates feel it is going to his head ala Rodgers. Until I hear one of them say something about him then I will reserve judgment as people like to pile on after they build a guy up.

I don't see Kaepernick as a diva...a lil douchy maybe, but not a diva. And I don't buy the "it's the norm these day" argument. There are plenty of guys like Wilson, Luck, Tannehill, Bridgewater, etc....who seem to be quite the opposite.

If Tom Brady who has 3 rings, 2 SB MVP, regular season MVP, super model wife, movie star good looks, and a mansion with a moat can be humble....

Even if RG3 has a shaky year, I wouldn't close the book on him. It's pretty obvious that practice and preseason does a "whole" squad good.

You can't close the book on Robert Griffin III, but one should hnShanahan. The guy strikes me as the type of coach who if he can't win will do everything in his power to run the team into the ground before leaving. I have never been a fan of his.

Griffin's hitting a tough patch...nothing that spells doom though. Still young.

But yeah, there were quite a few skins fans popping on last year that weren't exactly what I would call "classy". Didn't one of them get banned and come back 2 or 3 more times too under a different name? eh...I don't remember who said it even though I just read it; a lot of the vitriol is more between fanbases I think. Everyone has their share of bad apples, but yeah I have heard a number of times that the skins fans are the worst bunch. But...I don't let that effect my opinion of their team or players though. I see a lot of positives in Griffin's game, even this year.

edit: OffensivelyPC said the bit about the fans; and I pretty much agree with him.

I don't see Kaepernick as a diva...a lil douchy maybe, but not a diva. And I don't buy the "it's the norm these day" argument. There are plenty of guys like Wilson, Luck, Tannehill, Bridgewater, etc....who seem to be quite the opposite.

If Tom Brady who has 3 rings, 2 SB MVP, regular season MVP, super model wife, movie star good looks, and a mansion with a moat can be humble....

haha. Kaep is definitely a little douchy...like frat boy douchy. Seems to be a good kid though.

My mother-in-law was from Washington DC and was a big Redskin fan.  We used to pull for them against the Cowboys, whom I despise.  So, I WANTED Griffin to be good for Washington, but I have been turned off by every single thing he says and does.  He would have been the ultimate Dallas Cowboy, the way he acts.  

No doubt....in the realm of NFL football as we're used to it, he'd have re-stoked the false hype of past Cowboy teams.

But he also fits like a glove in Washington DC.....a city famous to this day for its over-hyped, cult worshiped charlatans.