Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 09/19 "30 Years Thursday"

sb41champs

Typo - you have 1984-1983.  I'd like to say gaining respectability - Dickerson, Bickett and that lb that left the Colts and returned from the Bill, then losing respectability and then getting it back.  Darn I can't even remember that lb's name.  He couldn't practice because of knee problems but would play on Sundays. Think it was Bickett that once said I'm tired of getting a sun tan and wish I could get moon burns.  This was in reference that the Colts had no Monday Night Football games because our Colts were a cellar dweller.

Typo - you have 1984-1983. I'd like to say gaining respectability - Dickerson, Bickett and that lb that left the Colts and returned from the Bill, then losing respectability and then getting it back. Darn I can't even remember that lb's name. He couldn't practice because of knee problems but would play on Sundays. Think it was Bickett that once said I'm tired of getting a sun tan and wish I could get moon burns. This was in reference that the Colts had no Monday Night Football games because our Colts were a cellar dweller.

Cornelius Bennett

For me it was seeing the Mayflower trucks pulling into Indy. The Hoosier Dome was no longer empty. I worked in the building at South and Senate streets and watched the Hoosier Dome built piece by piece. I was already a Colts fan and had been one since the Bert Jones and the sack pack days. When I found out the Colts were coming to Indy words couldn't describe how happy I was. Even through the times when the Colts were not too good it was all good to me because the Colts were our team here in Indy. As a young teenager I used to go to games at the fairgrounds to see the ABA Pacers. What a long strange trip it has been and I wouldn't trade the memories at all.

:blueshoe:   In my humble opinion - it was one "event" - and - that was the night when it was reported that Baltimore Colts were moving to Indianapolis - and - seeing the snowy scene with Mayflower trucks leaving their Baltimore facility under the cover of darkness.  It was a surreal moment in Indianapolis history.

At the time - I was a Miami Dolphins fanatic - and - was thrilled by the concept of being able to see MY team play annually in MY "backyard".

:blueshoe:   After attending a number of Colts events - and - getting to know players like Barry Krauss and Cliff Odom - my team loyalties slowly morphed to the point I became a Colts fanatic - and - the Dolphins became my second favorite team.