Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aikman Efficiency Ratings as of Week 2 - Colts are #12

BlueShoe

First generation Indianapolis Colts fan here too. I was 9 when the Colts moved here. :)

It was a rough beginning for the Texans franchise, and it did not help having Peyton in the same division.

That's funny. I was 9 when the Texans played their first game as well. We've seen some dog days in both our franchises but it's always fun to know it was all worth it when we look at the success and relevance of each team the past few years. I want the AFC South to be one of the more dominant divisions again, we need a little more respect haha

Our fanbase is softer then our o line/secondary at times.

And it's sad because if we lose then so many will joyfully post negative garbage all week and then the trolls will come out in full force to remind us that Denver won/Irsay is crazy or that we are delusional.

And if we win then well most will say it was a fluke and we got lucky.

I think some are in withdrawal since they can't bash Fleener all week.

Yep. That is how I see it too. Which is why I mostly steer away from these boards. It gets old.

That's funny. I was 9 when the Texans played their first game as well. We've seen some dog days in both our franchises but it's always fun to know it was all worth it when we look at the success and relevance of each team the past few years. I want the AFC South to be one of the more dominant divisions again, we need a little more respect haha

I actually though David Carr would have been a decent QB if he had an OL. I often thought that one day when Peyton was gone that we would go through a phase where we sucked and the Texans would be the best team in the division. It has to kill Texans fans knowing that we got the next Peyton on the team now. 

I agree. I like the division better when all the teams are good. 

Jax is just not pulling its weight right now. :)

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 18, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, September 18, 2013 - inflammatory

Yep, being realistic and recognizing talent on a very good team when you see it means you lack the right amount of fanhood. You shouldn't be allowed to root for your team unless you believe they will win every single game against every single team.

/s

Very well said!!

I actually though David Carr would have been a decent QB if he had an OL. I often thought that one day when Peyton was gone that we would go through a phase where we sucked and the Texans would be the best team in the division. It has to kill Texans fans knowing that we got the next Peyton on the team now.

I agree. I like the division better when all the teams are good.

Jax is just not pulling its weight right now. :)

Eh, Idk if many Texan fans think of 12 as the next Manning. I'll speak for myself when I say I'm uncertain. If he truly does live up to his potential and the hype it will be fun for a long long time watching the rivalry between the teams and the match-up of Swatt against Andy. I agree about the Jaguars....they're never going to get it right lmao The Titans are well on the way though and will shock a lot of people I think.

Eh, Idk if many Texan fans think of 12 as the next Manning. I'll speak for myself when I say I'm uncertain. If he truly does live up to his potential and the hype it will be fun for a long long time watching the rivalry between the teams and the match-up of Swatt against Andy. I agree about the Jaguars....they're never going to get it right lmao The Titans are well on the way though and will shock a lot of people I think.

I agree. The Titans should have won Sunday. 

Luck already has a better resume than Peyton did at this point in his career. The way the salary cap is set up now, we get QB salary relief for another 3 years after this season. 

I agree. The Titans should have won Sunday.

Luck already has a better resume than Peyton did at this point in his career. The way the salary cap is set up now, we get QB salary relief for another 3 years after this season.

Too bad the Titans ran into a more resilient team. Thank goodness actually lol. I'm sure 12 has more wins at this point but it has to be a team effort. Some would argue Manning elevated the team and and hid some defincies whereas the same isn't expected of 12.

Too bad the Titans ran into a more resilient team. Thank goodness actually lol. I'm sure 12 has more wins at this point but it has to be a team effort. Some would argue Manning elevated the team and and hid some defincies whereas the same isn't expected of 12.

Luck has had to do much more than Peyton did at this point. Peyton was fortunate enough to have Tarik Glenn, the best LT in Indianapolis Colts history and also Adam Meadows. Peyton's first year he had Faulk and Harrison, which helped tremendously. Luck had a team with 40 million in salary cap problems and a totally rebuilt team.

Luck has done more with less. 

Luck has had to do much more than Peyton did at this point. Peyton was fortunate enough to have Tarik Glenn, the best LT in Indianapolis Colts history and also Adam Meadows. Peyton's first year he had Faulk and Harrison, which helped tremendously. Luck had a team with 40 million in salary cap problems and a totally rebuilt team.

Luck has done more with less.

He's had one good year in a lot of games decided by one score or less. I'd rather not turn this into Manning vs 12 but PM did much more for the franchise obviously at this point. And is regarded as one of the greats for a reason. Be patient with the new guy, he is still learning after all.

He's had one good year in a lot of games decided by one score or less. I'd rather not turn this into Manning vs 12 but PM did much more for the franchise obviously at this point. And is regarded as one of the greats for a reason. Be patient with the new guy, he is still learning after all.

There is no question what Peyton did for our franchise. Without Peyton we would be called the LA Express right now. In the short time that Luck has been in this league, he has accomplished much more on the field, with less around him than Peyton did at this stage in his career. 

There is no question what Peyton did for our franchise. Without Peyton we would be called the LA Express right now. In the short time that Luck has been in this league, he has accomplished much more on the field, with less around him than Peyton did at this stage in his career. 

Well Manning threw more TDs and had a higher completion percentage but yes, 12 has done better in a league that's evolved into a pass-happy one. But we're way off topic now lol.

I understand that you all ( including myself) strongly believe that we can go into candlestick and compete with the 9ers. But i'm warning you, there is a good chance that we get our butt whooped on sunday, so try not to make this forum even worse than it already is with the fire pep, trade blah blah, and we're doomed threads.

I understand that you all ( including myself) strongly believe that we can go into candlestick and compete with the 9ers. But i'm warning you, there is a good chance that we get our butt whooped on sunday, so try not to make this forum even worse than it already is with the fire pep, trade blah blah, and we're doomed threads.

A few optimistic people aren't going to slow that crowd down. We could win by 50 and we would still have some who are ready to jump in front of a train. 

Did you really just say that we should not have beaten Green Bay? Wow!

Wow, did I really?! I must have! When we looked at the schedule last year, that was one of the games most of us didn't expect to win. Just like now.

If you really read what I wrote, I wrote of a possibility to win against Niners, even though we on paper shouldn't - just like last year against Green Bay.

Wow, did I really?! I must have! When we looked at the schedule last year, that was one of the games most of us didn't expect to win. Just like now.

If you really read what I wrote, I wrote of a possibility to win against Niners, even though we on paper shouldn't - just like last year against Green Bay.

It is a good thing that wins and losses are not determined by what you think when the schedule comes out. :)

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 18, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, September 18, 2013 - inflammatory

We beat them fairly. There is no fluke in that. We went on to win 11 games. 

There were several flukes in those wins. The Colts were outscored by the opponents for the season. Without some miracle "flukes" they could have been 5-11 or worse. They won't get so much of that either. That big thump you here is Colts fans coming down to earth.

It is a good thing that wins and losses are not determined by what you think when the schedule comes out. :)

That's absolutely true.

You and I went back and forth about Luck's familiarity with the Niners defense, and I might have given the impression that I don't think we can beat them. That's not the case. 

I know we can beat them. But it's going to take some very good play up front, and it's going to take discipline and execution. We have playmakers on both sides of the ball, as do they, but if we take care of the small stuff, we'll have chances to make big stuff happen. The game can be won, we just have to play better.

A few optimistic people aren't going to slow that crowd down. We could win by 50 and we would still have some who are ready to jump in front of a train. 

We have a lot of passionate fanatics' (fans!) that are guided by the moment and wear their heart on their sleeve. You can see them in chat and the threads they create mid game.  They need those willing to climb high on rickety ladders cheering the team on.  Even they want the Colts to win every game (otherwise they wouldn't go to the edge of the bridge, LOL), but don't see the signs why we will.

For me, It is like church of Colts.  I have faith, even if my reasons aren't easily seen.  And I do so hope 'any given Sunday' would translate to every freakin' Sunday, like the days of yore. ;)

But looked at as a whole, we are just as close to being 0 - 2 as we are 2-0. And this against perennial non-playoff teams.  But, keep up the pom poms!! :cheer: