Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We drafted Fleenor to be an in-line blocker? Good plan!

throwing BBZ

there was times Coby was open

1:46 2nd quarter

1:26 2nd quarter

1:19 2nd quarter

6:15 4th quarter

Luck just didn't look his way, Thats got nothing to do with a lack of confidence in Coby Im sure at this point, That has everything to do with Luck locking onto his 1st read or 1 player

Luck took a sack rather than throw it to his wide open release man FLEENER.

Luck tried to force it in to Allen on the play Allen got hurt. FLEENER was wide open just to his right for an easy 8+ yards.

Luck took a sack rather than throw it to his wide open release man FLEENER.

Luck tried to force it in to Allen on the play Allen got hurt. FLEENER was wide open just to his right for an easy 8+ yards.

At the moment, I don't recall the second play, but what you said about the first play simply isn't true.  First there was confusion on play presnap.  Luck tried to move Fleener to the left side of the play but by the time he tried doing this the play clock had almost run out so Fleener couldn't move and reset before Luck would have had to snap the ball.  Second, I don't remember which Raiders' player it was that got the sack, but I do know he came virtually unblocked.  Fleener got a little bit of a chip on him as he was going out for his route, but that was it.  Fleener then got jammed by whoever was guarding him.  Fleener did fight through the jam but not in time because the unblocked rusher was in Luck's face almost immediately.  Luck tried to make the throw but was unable because the rusher was already in his face.  Luck could have forced the throw anyway but not being able to step into it, there's a high probability the pas would have been under-thrown and picked off.  Luck's only option really was to take the sack.  He was still in the tackle box so throwing the ball away would have resulted in an intentional grounding call.

At the moment, I don't recall the second play, but what you said about the first play simply isn't true.  First there was confusion on play presnap.  Luck tried to move Fleener to the left side of the play but by the time he tried doing this the play clock had almost run out so Fleener couldn't move and reset before Luck would have had to snap the ball.  Second, I don't remember which Raiders' player it was that got the sack, but I do know he came virtually unblocked.  Fleener got a little bit of a chip on him as he was going out for his route, but that was it.  Fleener then got jammed by whoever was guarding him.  Fleener did fight through the jam but not in time because the unblocked rusher was in Luck's face almost immediately.  Luck tried to make the throw but was unable because the rusher was already in his face.  Luck could have forced the throw anyway but not being able to step into it, there's a high probability the pas would have been under-thrown and picked off.  Luck's only option really was to take the sack.  He was still in the tackle box so throwing the ball away would have resulted in an intentional grounding call.

Its OK, you don`t recall the 1st play either. At about 1:25 remaining in the 1st half.

They were giving him a short pass that should have been easy to get out of bounds.

He cocked to throw it, pulled it back and quickly got sacked.

Andrew likes the short pass like PM liked the run.

Speaking of Dallas Clark here's some numbers: Dallas by year 1) 10 starts 29 rec. 340 yards/ 2) 13 starts 25 rec. 423 yards/ 3) 37 rec. 488 yards/ 4) 30 rec. 367 yards 5) 58 rec. 616 and 11 tds. Dallas had 2 more great years after that where he was definitely one of the best receiving TE's in football but it took him til year 5 to break out.

We have to give him a bit of break here. It takes time for players to find their way in the NFL sometimes.

Yeah, I'm patient with Fleener and I think being with Luck and Pep will do wonders.  It's just I'm concerned on how we are using him.

Its OK, you don`t recall the 1st play either. At about 1:25 remaining in the 1st half.

They were giving him a short pass that should have been easy to get out of bounds.

He cocked to throw it, pulled it back and quickly got sacked.

Andrew likes the short pass like PM liked the run.

I was mistaken about the first play.  I thought you were referring to the 4th and 1.  My bad.

I was mistaken about the first play.  I thought you were referring to the 4th and 1.  My bad.

You had your play nailed. Putting the plays time in a post does lead for healthier discussion.

Its all opinion which differs plenty. We all want the same thing. Go Colts!

Its going to be ugly AGAIN with this bad O-Line, and ILB`ers.

And DBrown.

One more off season roster churn and a couple seasons of maturing...