Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NY Jets (+14) @ New England (9-12-13)

oldunclemark

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You catch Brady screaming on the sidelines. You would think a vet would realize rookies are rookies. Belichik never blinked and eye. Hard to believe the Jets kept them down like they did. 

I did notice both of those things.  It has to be extremely frustrating for Brady,  after such a long stretch of years of everything falling into place.   Last night,  as bad as it looked, people were saying you know the Pats will find a way to pull this out (when it looked like they could go down)  they always do.    They are 2-0,  and in the end,  a win is a win,  but how frustrating for him that these wins are not coming easily like years past.

You catch Brady screaming on the sidelines. You would think a vet would realize rookies are rookies. Belichik never blinked and eye. Hard to believe the Jets kept them down like they did. 

I think the mental errors were getting to Brady. He even said after the game the he needs to work on his patience. lol. It is going to be a long road for him but this year but I think by mid-season, he will have these guys in form. Gronk and Amendola will help too when they are back ...

It was surprising but he still has that fire to win every game....

he has to control it and hide it...but not get rid of it.....his boys did drop an lot of passes...rookie or not

I think the mental errors were getting to Brady. He even said after the game the he needs to work on his patience. lol. It is going to be a long road for him but this year but I think by mid-season, he will have these guys in form. Gronk and Amendola will help too when they are back ...

I would say Zo was right on the mark. The defense has been able to carry over from last season right away with now 2nd and 3rd year vets and the offense with it's reset button will take 8 weeks.

Yeah, Brady looked like Brady. He had to hold the ball longer too because guys were not open or running the wrong route. He is the last guy I am worried about. lol.  The rest of guys need to get in sync. I think what is fortunate for the Pats that not many people have menioned is now they have 10 days off which is like a mini-bye week to work on things. They are one of the best teams at taking advantage of extra time to self evaluate and fix things.

There are no elite or terrible teams in week 2. The key is getting wins the first half of the season so you set yourself up for a playoff spot later. Last year the Pats started 1-2 so I am very happy to be in pole position already in the division and perhaps sole position of first place if the Colts beat the Fins this weekend which I expect them to do.

Yet when Manning's team mates let him down in the play-offs, that's different, and his fault? You need to be consistent, or people will see right through you.

Yet when Manning's team mates let him down in the play-offs, that's different, and his fault? You need to be consistent, or people will see right through you.

What are you talking about? Was last night the playoffs? And Brady made his share of mistakes too but in the end the Pats won so that is what is most important.

You clearly didn't get it, so never mind. I agree the win is the important thing. Let a few hundred guys on here know that, will you please?

Ok. Happy about the win but not about the way Pats played and that includes Brady. He missed some wide open guys and I thought he got on the rookies too much. He said as much after the game that he needs to work on his body language and patience. Will be a long season on O until new guys get in sync and the vets come back from injury.

As much as I admire Brady, he was acting like a jerk last night. Tantrums on most drives. Plenty time to educate behind closed doors. Maybe Flacco got his GOAT's mixed up when talking about walking on eggshells. 

I think even Brady himself would agree with this. He stated as such in his post-game comments. Definitely a fiery character, that Brady... Wallacesque! 

"Where ya goin?"

"To pick a fight." 

;)

What an abomination of a football game though. The Patriots had more punts than first downs. This is one of those, "OK, got the win, move on, start thinking about the next one" games. 

I think even Brady himself would agree with this. He stated as such in his post-game comments. Definitely a fiery character, that Brady... Wallacesque! 

"Where ya goin?"

"To pick a fight." 

;)

What an abomination of a football game though. The Patriots had more punts than first downs. This is one of those, "OK, got the win, move on, start thinking about the next one" games. 

Offensively it was horrid. Defensively it was a gem. Three picks on the final four drives to seal the game. Ugly game but it had its bright spots. :)

"Where ya goin?"

"To pick a fight." 

;)

As Luck said on Sunday, 'a win is a win is a win'. It's all that really matters for your boys as they get healthy on Offense.

Not watched MY movie in years....time to dust it down. 'The problem with Scotland is it's full of Scots'...

As Luck said on Sunday, 'a win is a win is a win'. It's all that really matters for your boys as they get healthy on Offense.

Not watched MY movie in years....time to dust it down. 'The problem with Scotland is it's full of Scots'...

You been watching the series "The White Queen"?  It's pretty good.

I hope Luck can beat the Fins this weekend and give the Pats sole possession of first place. :)

How do you feel about the game? I would think the Colts win but the Fins look pretty solid too.

I had never heard of it JJ, thanks for the tip. Looks interesting, and will give it a go when I get a chance, cheers.

It's a Starz original- whatever that is over there but I believe (not sure) it's England produced.

Infighting of the bloodlines of Elizabeth (not Elizabeth 1) but the House of York Elizabeth. Fighting the House of Lancaster.

I find all that bloodline fighting in the 1400-1600's interesting.

Very good tho if ya like that kind of stuff.

http://www.starz.com/originals/TheWhiteQueen

I hope Luck can beat the Fins this weekend and give the Pats sole possession of first place. :)

How do you feel about the game? I would think the Colts win but the Fins look pretty solid too.

The Dolphins sacked Weeden five times. Our O-line isn't any better than Cleveland's, but at least our QB is. The Dolphin's D is much better than ours. I think they'll win, I hope we will.