Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NY Jets (+14) @ New England (9-12-13)

oldunclemark

I dont remember a Week 2 spread that large against a team that WON the first week..

So disrespectful to the Jets.

NE's top running back out...top slot receiver out

top TE  out..(and the other TE is in jail)

14 points???  in the NFL?

Can I say it????   I want to say.... take the Jets.

But I cant say it

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Jets "winning" was seen as pretty lucky given the silly move by the Bucs player to hit Smith out of bounds giving the Jets a shot at the win.

But this spread is Waay too high. This game is dangerous for the Pats because there is zero pressure on the Jets and they generally play well in Foxborough. Interestingly though, Rex is talking about the Pats in the media. Not showing his usualy bravado but perhaps he has been humbled give the mess that was last year.

I see a tight low scoring game. 20-17 Pats or even 17-14. I could also see the Jets winning as well to be honest. Lots of injuries for Pats and O is not in sink and Ridley has been turning the ball over. Pats D looks good though so we'll see. Lots of drama either way, I am sure. Always is when Jets come to town.

I'd take the Pats to cover. Their defense is indeed slowly getting better. The Jets couldn't run the ball and I don't think they will be able to against Wilfork and Minkavich (sp) and that DL. I just don't see them moving the ball consistantly and while the Pats aren't going to set records with their offense this year....they will score points with Tom at the helm. I'm thinking more a 27-9 type game...I just don't see the Pats fumbling and making enough mistakes to give the Jets enough easy points to keep it too close....and thursday night games tend to be blow outs it seems. One team prepared the other not. Unless the Jets throw something new at them the Pats will handle this game.

I'd take the Pats to cover. Their defense is indeed slowly getting better. The Jets couldn't run the ball and I don't think they will be able to against Wilfork and Minkavich (sp) and that DL. I just don't see them moving the ball consistantly and while the Pats aren't going to set records with their offense this year....they will score points with Tom at the helm. I'm thinking more a 27-9 type game...I just don't see the Pats fumbling and making enough mistakes to give the Jets enough easy points to keep it too close....and thursday night games tend to be blow outs it seems. One team prepared the other not. Unless the Jets throw something new at them the Pats will handle this game.

At first I thought 14 was a bit high but I guess you're right, the Pats D is the main factor in this one.

Fully expect the Pats to win but I'll take Jets all day at +14 with no Amendola or Gronk.  The better over/under to guess on is the over/under on the number of times the butt fumble is replayed Thursday night.  Since the game isn't on ESPN, I'll start the bidding at 20.  On ESPN it would be closer to 200.

What's nagging at my head with this one is that in recent years, when it looked like a Pats-Jets game was shaping up to be competitive, the Patriots would come out and just shellac them. And more often than not, these odds that come out may look kind of crazy but they end up being accurate. Everyone was saying the same thing about Denver-Baltimore last week and turns out the Broncos covered, and then some.

There are some interesting factors in this one with the Patriots' personnel issues. But for some reason, I have a feeling they're going to cover.

What's nagging at my head with this one is that in recent years, when it looked like a Pats-Jets game was shaping up to be competitive, the Patriots would come out and just shellac them. And more often than not, these odds that come out may look kind of crazy but they end up being accurate. Everyone was saying the same thing about Denver-Baltimore last week and turns out the Broncos covered, and then some.

There are some interesting factors in this one with the Patriots' personnel issues. But for some reason, I have a feeling they're going to cover.

The other thing to consider is the line is based on the betting in Vegas. Not sure anyone would put money on the Jets unless the spread was double digits. I think what also makes this difficult is the fact that the Jets did not look atrocious against the Bucs which may be more reflective of the Bucs and their woes than the Jets. Still, that Jets D is pretty good. I don't like this game for some reason. I do like that it is as home as the home teams on Thursday nights have a ridiculous record.

If we lose and the Jets start 2-0 the media frenzy will be unbearable. It will be the classic the Jets are good and going back to the AFC champ game vs. no the Jets stink and will implode eventually.  :GoodBad:

The other thing to consider is the line is based on the betting in Vegas. Not sure anyone would put money on the Jets unless the spread was double digits. I think what also makes this difficult is the fact that the Jets did not look atrocious against the Bucs which may be more reflective of the Bucs and their woes than the Jets. Still, that Jets D is pretty good. I don't like this game for some reason. I do like that it is as home as the home teams on Thursday nights have a ridiculous record.

If we lose and the Jets start 2-0 the media frenzy will be unbearable. It will be the classic the Jets are good and going back to the AFC champ game vs. no the Jets stink and will implode eventually.  :GoodBad:

That second part is more likely...that said if the Pats lose....it will be a bigger in the media that the Pats have lost too many players more than anyone thinking the Jets are legit. Not even the NY media would think that. It would mean Smith would likely get the keys to the car permanantly but losing would cause more people to doubt the Pats especially after a poor game against Buffalo more than anything. We all know the Jets aren't a great team....we don't know if the Pats can be a great team...we think..we expect because of Tom and that OL but you never know with all the changes.

Well the Jets have won their "Week 2 Super Bowl" against the Patriots a couple of times in recent years, so...

;)  :thmup:

Fully expect the Pats to win but I'll take Jets all day at +14 with no Amendola or Gronk.  The better over/under to guess on is the over/under on the number of times the butt fumble is replayed Thursday night.  Since the game isn't on ESPN, I'll start the bidding at 20.  On ESPN it would be closer to 200.

Now I'm seeing the number drop.....Its 13 in some places..12 in others.....a lot of folks clearly feel the way you do..

i need some of your info. :)

would you start Kembrell Thompkins this week for FF?  (i am assuming Amendola is out)

Sure, anytime. :)

Both Amendola and Gronk are out. Yes, I would start Thompkins as there is no one besides him and Endelman that Brady has as his WRs. Brady targeted him a lot last week but they were not able to connect because he ran a lot of wrong routes being a rookie and all. I would expect that he may be more in sync this week. He certainly has the tools to be a pretty good receiver I think but the learning curve is the unknown.

i need some of your info. :)

would you start Kembrell Thompkins this week for FF?  (i am assuming Amendola is out)

If you're desperate for a flex spot or something, toss him in there. He's probably boom or bust at this point. Brady threw 14 passes to him on Sunday and he only came up with 4 catches, so they're trying to get him the ball... 

If you have any other solid, more consistent options, you may want to go elsewhere. There are receivers available right now in my FF league who I'd probably pick up and start over Thompkins. I'd like to see him have one good to great game before I trust him in my lineup.

Jets should cover. I think the Jets might even have a shot in this game. All depends on Geno though. Really not enough tape yet to say if he's even an average qb. I don't think the Pats will score 28+, probably more like 24. that give the jets a chance....but their o can be pretty pathetic. the one thing the patriots for the last decade have always done is have a D that generates an absurd amount of turnovers. If the jets turn it over 2 or more times it will be a blowout. If they don't, they have a chance.

IF the Jets could hold on to the ball, and catch it...  they are kicking NE's poo poo... 

A team just cannot lose the talent NE has and just WALK away with a win against an inferior team.  

NE may win but they are in for scrap tonight.

its weird watching a game where the qbs have all day to throw.

IF the Jets could hold on to the ball, and catch it... they are kicking NE's poo poo...

A team just cannot lose the talent NE has and just WALK away with a win against an inferior team.

NE may win but they are in for scrap tonight.

the jets have a darn good oline it looks like. they have very few playmakers as well. very boring game so far.