Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

News On Peyton

fthoodcoltsfan

No, sorry.

My friend, no problem, these threads take a life on of there own and its hard to catch every comment and so we tend to scan , catch something we feel important and comment, we all do it, threads get so long u just cant read every word, at least I cant

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's what practice is for. dont defend him going out on the field in an actual game. that is russian roulet and you know it.

i cant read this thread anymore, its making me too upset knowing that some people actually want to see him play this year. how DARE you guys? as much as some of you think of him as a commodity, he is a man and more importantly, a father. i dont want to see his career end and him wheeling around like Christopher Reeve because his competitive spirit doesn't want an 0-16 season. pretty sure his wife doesn't want that either.

First of all, I haven't seen a single person on this thread suggest that they want him to play before he's been 100% cleared by his Drs. We all know that he's a man and a father, we all respect and love the guy, and nobody here wants to see him get hurt. How would he be at any more risk, assuming he was 100% cleared (as unlikely as that is), coming back this season as he would be any other time? How dare we? How dare you assume that we don't care about his well being?

Secondly, and I have said this a couple times now, the whole reason I started this thread was notto get everyone worked up about whether or not Peyton should play this year, so I'm sorry that this was the result. Again, the point was just to finally share some good news instead of all the negative rumors about his career being over.

Knowing Peyton he probably would if Drs clear him, just saying in my humble opinion he shouldnt, anyway its really way to early to speculate, lets wait and see how things develop, All opinions here are opinions and all are allowed , lets just be civil & for most part we all are , & I taj ke no offense with what u say at all

BTW yes its 4 weeks from surgery and article i posted in thread said that means healed or near so as g far as the fusion.

However bone usually takes 6 weeks to heal over a fracture , which is basically what each side of the fusion is, a medically induced fracture. THEN AGAIN their are techniques that can be used to hasten healing so he may have used them, the fact that there is strong internal fixation which i assume was applied correctly means that even if not fully healed over that gives an extra measure of security

I do know one thing , , just a tiny millimeter of movement across a fracture site during healing produces a different type of bone healing, Proper fixation delivers primary bone healing while that touch of movement if not securely fixated across the fracture site then cause what known as healing by secondary intention, takes longer for the fracture to heal and would require bone to remodel itself afterwards ( sorry thats hard to explain here ) and would be evident on xray, I assume therefore he is healing the better way or Drs wouldn't let him on the field

Stil hope he has a wall of protection ready encase someone is coming out of bounds towards him

I know exactly what your saying I have a 5the metatarsal fx that hasnt healed in 2 yrs but is finally showing progress due to Androgel script and a bone growth stimulator! The elements of bone are growing weird because ive had to work 12 hr shifts on the fx. I have what looks like a golf ball at the bottom of my left foot now.

This is where I have real issue with Polian and Caldwell, this whole idea of him playing this season is just flat out stupid and can be stopped with 1 single action by those two men. I have defended both of them here through everything but this whole not putting Peyton on the IR is just stupid.

You know what's stupid? Not letting him play when he's 100%. We play to win games, no matter our record. He's entertaining to watch and it would be good for football. He also can't practice with the team if he's on IR, which would further slow his progress, and we would have a better understanding of our QB situation in terms of the need to draft one highly.

Additionally, it's not as if he got injured often while actually playing. When someone is 100%, they are at no greater risk of injury whether they have a pre-existing injury than if they don't. 100% is 100%; only this time, Manning won't be suffering from a nagging condition.

I know exactly what your saying I have a 5the metatarsal fx that hasnt healed in 2 yrs but is finally showing progress due to Androgel script and a bone growth stimulator! The elements of bone are growing weird because ive had to work 12 hr shifts on the fx. I have what looks like a golf ball at the bottom of my left foot now.

Thats probably what they call callus formation, due to some movement & poor healing u get this mass of bone like a collar around the fracture site that over time the bodys destructive and growth bone cells go to work to remove the excess and rebuild the bone along the correct anatomical shape for the area

Wow thats a long time,but work doesnt help

I was fortunate, i bought a practice from someone who designed surgeries to fail oover time, like a year so he could redo & make more $ or was purely incompetent (( I say he did on purpose as he also changed religions based on where he practiced when forced out of the state so he would be more in line with his new patients relgions, yes a sad commentary, there is good and bad in all fields ) anyway , he needed someone of my surgiocal training to fix all he knew would come in and be potentrial suits, he was being run out of the state do to all his suites ,I got the practice thus cheap but also knew if i didnt fix what came in then i would be caught up in his suits. My first week i had 5 ankle redos, got a reputation for for fixing others mistakes, had people come to me from all over the country , did many birth defects on kids and never once had a post op infection, the only surgeon at my hospital during my working years to have that record and never had to redo a surgery of mine

God I miss it, esp helping kids with birth defects

cant believe was first in class to work only 6 years, ( thank god always on full scholarships,) but was worth it, esp fixing the birth defects, a smile on a child's face is so great , esp when he takes the first step or run without a limp and can play sports for the first time in life

Wish i still could work I'd fix it for u, No brag just fact as they say

You know what's stupid? Not letting him play when he's 100%. We play to win games, no matter our record. He's entertaining to watch and it would be good for football. He also can't practice with the team if he's on IR, which would further slow his progress, and we would have a better understanding of our QB situation in terms of the need to draft one highly.

Additionally, it's not as if he got injured often while actually playing. When someone is 100%, they are at no greater risk of injury whether they have a pre-existing injury than if they don't. 100% is 100%; only this time, Manning won't be suffering from a nagging condition.

Agreed. No one wants to rush Peyton and no one will rush Peyton. However once he is medically cleared and diagnosed as back to 100% then there is no reason to not allow him to begin to practice. If, by some chance, he can get to 100% before the season is over then there is no "logical" reason to prevent him from at the very least participating in practice. I'm sure that the state of our OL at the time would factor heavily into any decision to allow him actual game time.

That's why you IR him, you remove that chance. If he knows he can't play and practice then he can rest, heal and get better. I really can't believe how people are wanting to rush back Peyton especially with how sever his injury is...

The only one talking about rushing Peyton back is you. No one wants to rush Peyton back, but once he's received full medical clearance then there's no reason to hold him back just because for some reason a year is your magical timespan for when he should be allowed to do anything.

Agreed.

Peyton Manning will NOT be IR'd. It would serve no purpose.

What I am saying is that it is stupid to keep him on the active roster this season. There is ZERO to be gained by doing so. You use up a roster spot for someone who is unable to compete, you limit your ability to field a full team and you leave yourself open to risking his life and career by even considering playing him this year. IR'ing him allows him to concentrate on getting ready for next season and not feel rushed. It tells your present QB whomever that is that this is HIS team for the full season. Again I like both Caldwell and Polian, but in this case both are doing a disservice to both the team and Peyton by not putting him on the IR NOW.

This is coming from the person that started the (paraphrasing) "you're not a head coach so you're not capable to make head coach decisions" thread? Really? I'm not normally one to really care about that type of thing, but you seemed to have a really strong opinion about that and now you post this?

I see no reason is risking the health of any key player in games that don't matter.

This is coming from the person that started the (paraphrasing) "you're not a head coach so you're not capable to make head coach decisions" thread? Really? I'm not normally one to really care about that type of thing, but you seemed to have a really strong opinion about that and now you post this?

A) when it comes to game planning and schemeing, there is no way anyone outside of the coaches organization can have any clue as to why they do things and such.

B) There is no reason to believe that at the point that Peyton is 100% physically and able to play the colts will be playing games that matter, thus there is no reason to play him. A player of Peyton's level has to be treated differently, you don't "waste" him in games that mean nothing.

Everyone assumes the outcome of games that are not yet played...

Is there anyone here who thinks that if the Colts are 4-6 after 10 games and Peyton Manning gets clearance

from the doctors that he's not going to play and try to win those last 6...??? We were 6-6 last season...and made the playoffs..

Why would you not want him back if the doctors clear him to play??

I see no reason is risking the health of any key player in games that don't matter.

No one wants Manning to play before he's cleared by the doctors. If that's not this year, then too bad, we'll hope to see him next year. It sounds like there's some of you who don't want him to play this year even IF he's cleared, just because you don't think it will have been long enough. If the doctors say in December that everything is good to go, and we put him on the field, you'll have a problem with it because in your mind, it hasn't been long enough. All I'm saying -- all anyone is saying -- is that if the doctors clear him, nothing else matters. They say he's good to go, he's good to go, and we should put him on the field. He's a football player, and he's on our team, and if he's healthy, he should play. Regardless of the standings, regardless of how much time is left in the season. If he's healthy, he should play. IF HE'S HEALTHY.

It sounds like there's some of you who don't want him to play this year even IF he's cleared, just because you don't think it will have been long enough. If the doctors say in December that everything is good to go, and we put him on the field, you'll have a problem with it because in your mind, it hasn't been long enough.

I'm beginning to wonder if some people are wanting Peyton on IR so badly because they know if by some chance Peyton can come back then there's a good chance we may win some additional games that as of now we don't figure to win....and by winning extra games we lose out on the #1 overall pick and therefore we lose out on....youknowwho. ;)

Everyone assumes the outcome of games that are not yet played...

Is there anyone here who thinks that if the Colts are 4-6 after 10 games and Peyton Manning gets clearance

from the doctors that he's not going to play and try to win those last 6...??? We were 6-6 last season...and made the playoffs..

Why would you not want him back if the doctors clear him to play??

Well thats the quandary. If we are mathematically alive and he has clearance, 200% chance he goes in.

How random was that........

Jason seemed unwilling to once again utter the name "Luck", likely in fear of being bombarded by those who are sick of it.

I merely feigned confusion, and asked if he was referring to "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" from the Harry Potter series. A perfectly logical question.

Geez, can't a guy throw in an oblique cultural reference now and then? They only sold several BILLION dollars worth of tickets to those movies.